"I do support for a mid-size company, and our employees use iPhones for work and personal purposes. Whenever an employee is upgraded to a new device, we have to go through backing up and restoring the device at home. It's a long process to go. So, is there a way to clone one device to another without going through the convoluted iTunes backup/restore process? I've looked high and low and found nothing."
- Excerpted from iMore Forums
This post shows you how to clone an iPhone without touching it successfully. Read the content below to learn to duplicate an iPhone by yourself.
Part 1. Can You Clone an iPhone?
Part 2. How to Clone an iPhone to an iPhone 13 without iCloud Password via Coolmuster Mobile Transfer
Part 3. How to Clone an iPhone 13 without Data Loss Using Coolmuster iOS Assistant
Part 4. How Do You Clone an iPhone 13 with iTunes (Data Loss)
Part 5. How to Clone an iPhone 13 via iCloud (Data Loss)
When it comes to cloning an iPhone, many people worry about whether they can clone an iPhone or not in the first place. Well, it depends.
Can you clone an iPhone without someone knowing? Of course not. You can only clone an iPhone's content unless you have some professional technical knowledge.
Can you own an iPhone remotely? If you mean accessing someone's iPhone content over the network, that's impossible. However, as Apple has strengthened the encryption system, even the top hackers will feel challenged to attack an iPhone. Also, you are not allowed to clone someone's iPhone without the user's consent because it is against the law to clone an iPhone for the sake of getting privacy and cloning someone else's iPhone.
If you search for an easy and reliable way to clone an iPhone to a new mobile phone, you must use Coolmuster Mobile Transfer.
Unlike iCloud or iTunes way of cloning an iPhone, which requires you to back up and restore your iPhone with a complex process, this professional iPhone clone software enables you to transfer contacts, bookmarks, etc., from your iPhone to another iPhone, or copy music, photos, videos, and other files from your iPhone to an Android device.
Besides, it also transfers files from Android to Android and from Android to iOS.
Here's what Coolmuster Mobile Transfer can do for you.
* One-click to transfer notes (not supported in iOS 11 or later), calendars, contacts, bookmarks, and eBooks (PDFs & ePubs) from your iPhone to an iPhone/iPad/iPod.
* Directly copy contacts, music, videos, SMS, eBooks (PDFs & ePubs), and photos from your iPhone to an Android phone or tablet.
* Migrate contacts and other files from Android to Android or Android to iOS.
* One-click operation, simple interface, and powerful data encryption.
* Support all iPhone/iPad/iPod models (iOS 16 supported), Samsung, LG, Sony, Huawei, and other Android devices running at least Android 4.0, such as iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X, Samsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S20/S20+/S20 Ultra, Huawei P60/P60 Pro/P50 Pro/Mate 50, etc.
How to clone an iPhone? Here are the steps.
1. Install the iPhone Clone Software on your computer.
Run Coolmuster Mobile Transfer after installing it on your PC, and select the Mobile Transfer module to enter the cloning mode.
2. Connect the two devices to the computer.
Link your iPhone and the target phone to the computer using two suitable USB cables. Then choose to Trust this computer on your iOS devices. If the other device is an Android phone, enable the USB debugging on your Android. After a successful connection, you will see Connected under the device picture.
If necessary, click the Flip button to change the device position.
3. Start the iPhone X clone.
Tick the data types you want to copy and hit the Start Copy button below.
Another simple solution you can try is using Coolmuster iOS Assistant, which allows you to back up contacts, messages, videos, music, notes, calendars, bookmarks, photos, iBooks, and apps from your iPhone to a computer and restore the computer backups to another iDevice without running iTunes or iCloud.
Furthermore, you can manage the iPhone data on the computer: add & edit new contacts, delete the unwanted photos, edit & delete the bookmarks, uninstall apps, etc.
These steps show you how to clone an iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/8 in one click.
1. Download Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer.
Download the iPhone clone program on your computer and launch it. You will see the interface below. Then connect the source iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. One-click to back up your source iPhone to the computer.
Once connected, head to the Super Toolkit section > iTunes Backup & Restore > Backup > tap your iPhone from the drop-down list. Afterward, define a computer backup location to save the files and hit OK. When the backup process is complete, disconnect the source iPhone.
3. One-click to restore the computer backup to your new iDevice.
Connect the new iDevice to the computer. When connected, click Super Toolkit on the top > iTunes Backup & Restore > Restore > choose your iDevice from the drop-down menu > select the correct backup file > tap OK > hit OK again after reading the notice on the pop-up window. After the restoring process is over, you will find the cloned files on your new iDevice.
You may like:
To clone an iPhone to another iPhone, you can also do it with iTunes. Although iTunes does this work, it will cover the current data on your target iPhone. So, you'd better give up this method if you already have some important data on your new iPhone.
1. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer and plug your old iPhone into it.
2. Back up your old iPhone to the computer. When the iPhone icon appears on the iTunes window's top-left corner, click it, choose Summary, and hit Back Up Now in the right window. When finished, disconnect the old iPhone from the computer.
3. Restore the backups to your new iPhone. Connect your new iPhone to the computer, click Restore Backup, and hit Restore after selecting the most relevant backup file.
Tips: Find your iPhone not syncing with iTunes? Check here to fix this problem in seconds.
If you prefer to clone an iPhone wirelessly, you can select iCloud. By uploading the iPhone data to iCloud, you can successfully access and download the iCloud data to your new iPhone. Note that the iCloud backup will not include the Touch ID settings, Apple Pay settings and information, files on iCloud already, iCloud Music Library, and App Store content.
Let's check how to do it.
1. Sync your iPhone to iCloud. Open the iPhone's Settings > tap your Apple ID > choose iCloud > tap iCloud Backup > hit Back Up Now.
2. Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup. Turn on another iPhone > Follow the on-screen prompts to set up the iPhone until you see the Apps & Data screen > click Restore from iCloud Backup > log in with your Apple ID to confirm this operation > click the most recent backup to restore > sign in to with your Apple ID again when asked.
If you have set up your new iPhone before, you need to erase your new iPhone before restoring files from iCloud backup, which will cause data loss on the new iPhone.
And, iCloud only syncs the purchased items between two iPhones. If you need to clone the whole iPhone data, I recommend trying the method in Part 2.
To find an easy solution to how to clone an iPhone, you can refer to the above methods. If you do not want any complicated steps, you can try Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, which directly clones an iPhone to an iPhone or Android. Certainly, you can also select Coolmuster iOS Assistant. It safely syncs everything from one iPhone to another.
In contrast, iTunes and iCloud will cause you to lose files and is complicated in operation. Therefore, I don't recommend you to try them.
If you hope to get technical support from us, please tell us in the comments.