"Hi, I failed with device-to-device data transfer when I set up my new iPhone since the option did not work and didn't show up. Can I do the device-to-device transfer after the new phone setup is done?"
- Posted by someone in Apple Discussions Community
Get a shiny new iPhone 13 in your hands and can't wait to finish setting it up? Now, the only thing in front of you is how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup. Don't fret! A few simple ways can accomplish it, including Apple and non-Apple ways. Let's do a quick check of them.
Part 1. How to Set Up New iPhone from Old iPhone with Quick Start
Part 2. How to Transfer Everything from iPhone to iPhone after Setup via Coolmuster (One-click)
Part 3. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud Backup
Part 4. How to Transfer iPhone to New iPhone via iTunes Backup
Most active iPhone models nowadays run iOS 12.4 and later versions. Therefore, you can use Quick Start to set up the new iPhone from the old one and move data to your new device as long as both iPhones fulfill the minimum system requirements. As an official solution from Apple, it is the safest and most trustworthy.
How to transfer apps to a new iPhone after the initial setup?
1. Turn on your new iPhone and place it near the old one. When the Quick Start screen appears on your new iPhone and shows it will use your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone, ensure the Apple ID and tap Continue.
2. Wait for an animation to show up on the new iPhone. Then hold your old iPhone over the new one and center the animation in the viewfinder.
3. Wait for a message that reads Finish on New iPhone and enter the old device's password on the new iPhone if asked. Next, follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Face ID or Touch ID for your new iPhone.
4. When you see the Transfer Data from the iPhone screen, click Continue to start the transfer process. Or, tap Other Options to transfer apps, settings, and data from the most recent iCloud or computer to your new iPhone.
People also read:
With this guide, you can breezily retrieve WeChat messages on an iPhone.
Want to get the easiest way to sync music to an Android device? You can take a look at this guide.
Consider it too complicated to set up your new iPhone and move data from the old one to it with Quick Start? Or, do you have an old iPhone that runs iOS 11 or lower versions? At this moment, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is a much easier and more suitable way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup.
It sends contacts, bookmarks, calendars, eBooks (PDFs & ePubs), and notes (not supported in iOS 11 or later) from iPhone to iPhone without data loss in one click. Moreover, it is widely compatible with all iPhone models (iOS 5 to iOS 15), such as iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
To migrate from old iPhone to new iPhone after setup in one click:
1. After installing the app on your computer, open it and enter the Mobile Transfer module.
2. Connect both iPhones to the computer via two working USB cables. If asked, tap Trust on your iPhone to trust this computer. When the program recognizes your devices, it will show Connected under the device images.
Note: The old iPhone must be in the Source position. If needed, tap Flip to switch their positions.
3. Check the files you want to transfer from the old iPhone to the new one and click the Start Copy button below to begin the syncing process.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad mini/Air/Pro and iPad Effortlessly? (4 Painless Ways)
How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPod? (Simple & Reliable)
You can also transfer from the old iPhone to the new iPhone by enabling auto-syncing files to iCloud on your old iPhone and restoring iCloud backups to your new iPhone. It supports various files like Photo Stream photos, emails, notes, calendars, contacts, reminders, etc., and does not support files such as messages, ringtones, photos not in Photo Stream, music, and apps.
Before migrating data from iPhone to iPhone, you should:
Then, you get two ways to transfer from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud:
1. Back up your old iPhone to iCloud.
2. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone during setup:
3. Migrate from old iPhone to new iPhone after setup:
Want to transfer photos from your iPhone messages to a computer? These 4 ways can help you complete the transfer efficiently.
Why did my camera roll disappear from my iPhone? If you encounter the same problem, read these solutions.
Another Apple's way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone is using iTunes. You can back up the old iPhone with iTunes and restore the backup to the new iPhone later. However, the syncing process will erase the existing data on your new iPhone, and it won't restore some files, like music, apps, ringtones, iBooks, movies, etc.
How to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes?
1. Back up your old iPhone via iTunes.
2. Restore iTunes backup to new iPhone during setup:
3. Restore iTunes backup to new iPhone after setup:
Now you must have understood how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup. Although Apple's solutions (like Quick Start, iCloud, iTunes) are credible and safe to use, the operation process is rather complicated, and they even cause data loss on the new device. In comparison, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer offers you an easy, fast, and secure way to transfer from iPhone to iPhone after setup without data loss.
Thus, I will recommend you select Coolmuster Mobile Transfer.
How to Move Data from Android to iPhone after Setup in 8 Proven Methods?
How to Transfer from Huawei to iPhone 13? 3 Easy & Quick Ways
How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone? (iPhone 13 Included)
Top 5 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to New iPhone
How to Clone an iPhone 13/12/11/XR/XS/X/8 Easily? (4 Proven Ways)