With its excellent photo shooting feature, iPhone becomes a substitute for single-lens reflex camera when people go out for family gatherings. However, when photo collection grows increasingly, your iPhone is almost taken up and how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone becomes an urgent thing. Or, you just shoot some wonderful photos when going out travelling and want to share with your best friend. For whatever reason, you are eager to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
Well, this article provides 6 effective ways to help you transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone, from which you will surely find an ideal one to transfer photos between iPhones.
Part 1: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
1.1 How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone via iPhone to iPhone Photos Transfer
1.2 How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes
1.3 How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone via AirDrop
1.4 How to Transfer Photos from One iPhone to Another via Email
1.5 How to Transfer Pictures from One iPhone to Another via Google Photos
Part 2: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone Using iCloud
Extra Bonus: How to Backup Multiple Photos to Computer
iCloud is beneficial to backup important files on iPhone, like contacts, messages, photos, mails, reminders, calendars, bookmarks, notes, movies, etc. However, as iCloud uses wireless way to transfer files and it only provides 5 GB free space for users, when syncing heavy files, like loads of photos or movies, it may take very long time if network is not stable or you may get extremely irritated during the process of transfer when it reminders you that the iCloud space is not enough.
Thus, you may wonder how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. There are five possible ways about how to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. Let's see them one by one.
Among all six methods about how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, iPhone to iPhone Photos Transfer is the easiest and most effective app to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone. It is a very professional phone data transferring software, which transfers contacts, photos and other media files (music, playlist, movies, TV shows, music videos, Podcasts, iTunes U, ringtones, audio books, voice memos, etc.) between different devices with one click and automatically converts media files to be compatible with target device.
For Android to iOS transfer (iPhone/iPad/iPod), it supports contacts, photos, videos and audio files; for iOS to Android transfer, it supports contacts, photos, music, ringtones, audio books, and other files; for backup between iDevices, it supports contacts, photos and media files; and for backup between Android devices, it supports contacts, photos, videos and audios. Not only your normally used phone but also dead and smashed phone can use this tool as long as it is recognizable by computer after connection.
Besides, it can also remove old phone data with one click. Well, iPhone to iPhone Photos Transfer is compatible with a wide range of iDevices (iPhone/iPad/iPod/Mac) with iOS 6.0 and higher versions, Android devices from Android OS 2.3 to upper versions and computer with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7. For example, iPhone types it supports are: iPhone 14 Pro Max/14 Pro/14/13/12/11/XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/SE/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5/5c/5/4S/4/3GS and so on.
How do I transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone?
1. Launch iPhone to iPhone Photos Transfer after installing it on your computer.
2. Plug both iPhones to computer via USB cables and make sure they are in the right place as Source Device and Target Device. If not, just click Switch between.
3. Choose Photos and Start to copy to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
This is the simplest way to transfer pics from iPhone to iPhone. Except this, following other ways may be a little complicated in operation and have other limitations.
You may have known that iTunes can sync between iPhone and Mac. However, when it comes to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, there are several tips you may not know: iTunes will erase photos in your new iPhone when you transfer photos from one iPhone to another; and you cannot transfer photos from iPhone to new iPhone using iTunes when iCloud Photos is on. However, turning off iCloud Photos will lose all photos stored in iCloud but not on your iPhone.
Anyway, how to transfer all photos from iPhone to iPhone?
Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed on your Mac.
1. Transfer photos from one iPhone to computer.
Connect your iPhone to Mac via a USB cable > Launch iPhoto > Select desired photos > Tap Import or Import Selected to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
2. Transfer photos from computer to another iPhone.
Connect another iPhone to Mac via a USB cable > Launch iTunes on Mac > Click your iPhone icon at the up right corner > Click Photos in left window > Select Sync Photos and an Application or Folder > Tap Apply to transfer photos from computer to iPhone.
This is how to transfer pics from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes. It's complicated and has limitations mentioned above.
AirDrop is a rather good choice to quickly transfer a few photos between iPhones, however, if you need to transfer loads of photos to another iDevice, it will take rather long time. What's more, AirDrop is only accessible on iPhone 5 and later types running at least iOS 7. If not, you cannot use this method to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
How to get photos from one iPhone to another?
1. Enable AirDrop on both iPhones. Then on your new iPhone, go to: Settings > General > AirDrop > Turn AirDrop on by selecting Everyone or Contacts Only.
2. On your Old iPhone, go to: Photos app > Select wanted photos > Tap Share button > Choose your new iPhone name.
3. On your new iPhone, Tap Accept and all transferred photos will be on your new iPhone's Photos app.
Note: Using AirDrop to transfer photos between iPhones requires that both iPhones should be enabled with bluetooth and Wi-Fi and be within a few feet distance. Thus, this method is also more complicated than above methods.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to another iPhone? Guess you may forget Email. Yes, Email is perfect to transfer just several photos which are not large in size. If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone with high resolution or massive amount, I do not recommend this method.
How to get pictures from iPhone to iPhone?
1. Open Photos app on your iPhone, tap Select on the top and choose photos you want to transfer to new iPhone.
2. Click Share icon below and select Mail.
3. Filling in Email account and password to sign in Email, then either input an Email address to send to or save to draft.
4. On your new iPhone, sign in with the same Email account, find this Email and download photos to your new iPhone.
This is how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone via Email.
Here is the last way about how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud - via Google Photos. Google Photos is designed to ensure you to upload high quality photos with unlimited storage, but photos over 16 MB will be automatically compressed. Or you can choose to upload them with original quality without compression, but you have only 15GB storage to be free used, over that you will need to pay for expanding storage.
How to get photos on new iPhone from old one?
1. Download Google Photos on your old iPhone and sign in.
2. Select photos in your old iPhone and upload to Google Photos app.
3. On new iPhone, log into Google Photos with the same account and download your uploaded photos to your new iPhone.
This is how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone via Google Photos. If the network is not stable, it may take long time to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
The above methods are all about how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud, apart from that, someone may still prefer iCloud. In this part, we will introduce how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud.
How can I transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud?
1. On your old iPhone, go to: Settings > Tap on your Apple ID > Select iCloud > Toggle Photos on > Enable iCloud Photos.
2. Choose Optimize iPhone Storage or Download and Keep Originals, and wait for uploading photos from your iPhone to iCloud Photos Library.
3. Once done, sign in the same Apple ID on your new iPhone and Enable iCloud Photos.
4. Open Photos app and select All Photos on your new iPhone to view all iCloud photos.
Note: Using iCloud to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone requires that both iPhones should run iOS 8.3 or later and be in the good network condition. Besides, iCloud only provides 5 GB free space and you need to pay for additional storage.
Now you have known how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, if you have multiple photos on your iPhone which have taken up too much space, you can backup photos to computer using Coolmuster iOS Assistant.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant is a professional iDevice manager which can transfer, backup and manage files on iDevices. It supports different file types, like contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, movies, reminders, notes, apps, TV shows, voice memos, tones, books, bookmarks and others. Just 3 steps, you can easily export or import data between iPhone/iPad/iPod and computer. For photos backup, you can backup photos from iPhone to computer in two ways: either selectively export photos to computer or use one-click backup function to backup all photos to computer.
Besides, you won't worry about whether this tool supports your iPhone or not. It is compatible with nearly all iPhones running iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11/10/9/8/7 and etc., such as iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Pro Max/13/12/11//XS/XR/XS Max/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/SE/6s Plus/6s/6/6 Plus/5s/5C/5/4s.
How to Backup Massive Photos from iPhone to computer?
1. Launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant after installing it on computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable, enable debugging and grant permission on your iPhone by hitting Trust and Continue when Trust This Computer? pops up. After successful connection, you will see your iPhone's information on computer.
3. Select Photos from left window, tick wanted photos in right window and tap Export button at the top left corner to backup iPhone photos to computer.
After reading this article, you have acknowledged 6 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, you may decide which one to adopt and next time, you will not ask people, "How do you transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone?". Personally, I highly recommend you to use iPhone to iPhone Photos Transfer to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, since it is completely safe, fast and obviously prior to others. If you have too many photos stored on iPhone, you can also use Coolmuster iOS Assistant to transfer to computer.
If you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below and our support team will contact you later.