- Posted by an XDA forum member
Forgetting password on LG phones is troublesome, but you can access your phone again with the help of the following eight methods. If you don't know how to unlock the LG phone forgot password yourself, continue reading the following content.
Way 1. How to Unlock LG Phone Forgot Password without Losing Data via LG Unlock
Way 2. How to Unlock an LG Phone with a Pattern Lock via Custom Recovery (SD Card Needed)
Way 3. How to Unlock LG Phone Pattern Lock with Android Device Manager
Way 4. How to Unlock LG Phone if You Forgot Password Using Google Login (Android 4.4 and Earlier)
Way 5. How to Unlock LG Phone without Code by Factory Reset
Way 6. How to Unlock an LG Phone with a PIN Using Emergency Call
Way 7. How to Unlock LG Android Phone Forgot Pattern Lock Temporarily via Safe Mode
Way 8. How to Unlock LG Phone for Free via ADB Command (if USB debugging Enabled)
LG Unlock is the easiest way to bypass LG/Samsung phones without data loss among all methods we will introduce later, and it supports four types of screen locks, including pattern, PIN, fingerprints, and password. Apart from Samsung and LG phones, it also works with other Android phones running Android 2.1 and up, such as Moto g60/Moto g40/Moto g30, Huawei P50/P40/P30/Mate 40/Mate 30, Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra/11i/11 Lite, Lenovo, OnePlus, etc.
How to unlock an LG phone without knowing the password?
1. Install and run LG Unlock on your computer, and enter the Screen Unlock module from the toolbox. Later, connect your LG phone to the computer using a USB cable and tap Unlock Android Screen on the interface.
2. Choose your device model from the list and click Next to move on. Then follow the on-screen prompts to get your device into the Download mode. After that, the software will automatically install the recovery package to your LG phone.
3. After downloading the recovery package, hit Remove Now to unlock the LG phone without a password.
This method requires an SD card. If your LG phone has a removable SD card, you can try it this way. Before proceeding with the steps below, you will need to install custom recovery on your device. You can always visit https://twrp.me/ and flash it on your phone. Also, you need to do the same to the device using the SD card since you cannot move anything to your device.
How to unlock a locked LG phone when you forgot the password?
1. Download the Pattern Password Disable app and save the ZIP file on your computer. Then, insert the SD card into the system and migrate the recently downloaded file.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode. For example, you can press and hold the Power + Home + Volume buttons together to turn on the TWRP recovery mode. After that, you will get several options on the screen. Click the Install button and access the Pattern Password Disable file.
3. Install the app and wait for a while. Then, restart your LG device to access it without a lock screen.
You might like: Searching for an approach to transfer contacts from an LG phone to an iPhone? You can use these 5 ways.
Android Device Manager, or Find My Device, is Google's solution to locate, erase, and ring the Android device when lost or stolen. Also, it can unlock your device remotely. However, it will erase everything on the LG phone after removing the passcode.
How to unlock LG K51 phone forgot password remotely?
1. Open Android Device Manager from a web browser on another device and sign in with the same Google credentials configured with your LG phone.
2. Select the LG phone from the drop-down list and tap the Erase option.
3. Confirm the operation with your Google account password and hit Erase to unlock your device and erase everything on it.
Learn more: It is simple to transfer files from iPad to Android so long as you have read this guide.
If your LG phone still runs Android 4.4 or earlier versions, you can remove the password via a Google account. But you will lose data from your device.
How to unlock an LG phone with a PIN?
1. Type the wrong password five times successively until the Forgot Pattern option appears on the screen.
2. Tap the Forgot Pattern option and select the Enter Google account details option to unlock your device.
3. Enter the Gmail account and password linked to your LG phone in the relevant blank and tap Sign in. If successful, you will access the LG phone freely.
You can also factory reset your LG phone to restore it to the original factory status. In doing so, the passcode/pattern lock on your device will be removed, too.
How to reset an LG phone?
1. Put your LG phone in recovery mode. The following operations may vary with different models.
2. Select the Wipe data/factory reset option using the Volume buttons.
3. When a popup displays on the screen, agree to it. Afterward, tap the Reboot system now to restart your LG phone.
Check it out: You can seamlessly transfer data between an Android tablet and a PC.
This method unlocks your LG phone by crashing the lock screen UI. If your device runs Android 5.0 to 5.1.1, you can give it a try.
How to unlock the LG phone pattern by emergency call?
1. Click the Emergency button on the lock screen and enter ten asterisks.
2. Press and hold the ten asterisks, choose the Select all option, and tap Paste. Please copy and paste those asterisks on the dialer pad until it stops showing the Paste option.
3. Return to the screen lock and hit the Camera icon > Settings. Now it will ask you to enter the password. Just enter the same ten asterisks and repeat the copy & paste process until the lock screen UI crashes.
4. Wait for a while after crashing the lock screen. If successful, you can access the device without any password.
Another easy and safe way to unlock your LG phone is to boot it into the Safe mode. Note that it only works for the third-party app screen lock, not the stock lock.
To unlock the LG phone via Safe mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button.
2. When it asks you whether to boot your device into safe mode, tap OK. It will temporarily remove the lock screen by a third-party app.
3. Uninstall the third-party app or reset data. After that, reboot your device to exit the safe mode.
Note: It only works for removing the lock screen set by the third-party app.
ADB command is a complex yet useful way to bypass the LG lock screen without a password. Before starting the following steps, ensure that your LG phone has enabled USB debugging previously. Otherwise, you cannot use it this way.
How to unlock LG Flip phone forgot password via ADB command?
1. Connect your LG phone to the computer using a USB cable and open a command window once connected.
2. Copy and paste the following codes on the command window and press the Enter key:
update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';
update system set value=0 where name='lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently';
3. Restart your device, and the lock screen may be removed now.
Note: If the above codes don't work, enter the command: ADB shell rm /data/system/gesture.key before tapping the Enter key.
After learning how to unlock the LG phone forgot password, select one way to remove the lock screen on your device. If you wish to bypass your LG phone without password and data loss, I strongly recommend you try LG Unlock. It's foolproof and safe to handle.
If you have anything to let us know, don't hesitate to leave a comment below.