How to Back Up Android Contacts to Mac in 2020 (Proven Tips)
Contacts are undoubtedly the foremost data on our smartphones. Once contacts are missing, we will get out of touch with our dearest loved ones in this world, perhaps they are family members, girlfriend/boyfriend, friends, classmates, colleagues, students, etc. Hence, contact backup is of great importance for us. Unlike backing up iPhone contacts to Mac, which is relatively easy, how to back up Android contacts to Mac is more complex for us. Don't worry. In this tutorial, the three simplest ways about how to transfer contacts from Android to Mac will successfully resolve your problem.
Way 1 How to Back Up Android Contacts to Mac via Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac
Way 2 How to Back Up Android Contacts to Mac via Google Account
Way 3 How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Mac via An SD Card or USB Storage
Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac is an amazing all-around Android manager on Mac computer. With this amazing tool, you can back up overall Android data to Mac and restore backups to Android device. Besides, you can also transfer contacts, SMS, call logs, photos, videos, music, books, apps, etc. between Android device and Mac. What's more, you can manage Android device on Mac as well, such as add, delete, export, import and edit contacts, send, reply, delete, reset, import and export SMS, download, install and uninstall apps, import, export and delete call logs, etc.
Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac is fully compatible with all Android devices running Android 2.1 and later, including Samsung, Motorola, Sony, HTC, ZTE, Xiaomi, Huawei, Google, Dell, etc. For example, Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra/Z Flip/Z Flip Thom Browne/S10+/S10/S10e/S/S9+/S9/S8+/S8/A70s/A70/A50s/A90/A20s/A80/A60/A40s/A8s/A9s/A6s/A9 Star/A9 Star Lite/M30s/Fold/S20+/S20, Samsung W20, Galaxy Tab S6/S5e/S4/S3/S2/A2019/A/A2017/A2016/E, Galaxy Note 10+/10/9/8, etc.
How to back up Android contacts to Mac?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac on your computer, and enter in Android Assistant module from toolbox.
2. Connect Android device to Mac via a USB cable, and enable USB debugging and grant permission on Android device as prompted. After successful connection, you will see Android device's main information on this program.
3. Click Contacts folder from the left window, check contacts you want to back up from the right window and tap Export above to back up Android contacts to Mac.
Google service is a built-in feature in most Android devices. Thus, as long as you have a Google account, how to back up Android contacts to Mac will be a piece of cake. However, this method requires the high-speed Internet and is complicated and time-consuming.
How to back up Android contacts to Mac?
1. On your Android device, go to Settings > Accounts > Google and sign in with a Google account.
2. Enable Sync Contacts > Click the three vertical dots > Tap Sync now to back up Android contacts to Google account.
3. After syncing, open Address Book on your Mac > Click Preferences > Accounts > Select On My Mac > Check Synchronize with Google > Accept > Sign in with the same Google account you used for backup > Click Sync > Sync now. After that, you will back up Android contacts Mac.
How to transfer contacts from Android to Mac with your phone? If you do not want to install an Android contacts backup app or do not have a Google account, you can also transfer contacts from Android to Mac via an SD card or USB storage. However, this method may not be successful for some Android devices not supporting SD card.
How to transfer contacts from Android to Mac?
1. On your Android device, open Contacts > More (or the three vertical dots) > Settings > Import/Export > Export to SD Card. Then you will save all contacts in a vCard file on Android SD card storage.
2. After backing up contacts to SD card, plug your Android device to Mac via a USB cable, scroll down the drop-down screen on Android device, click the Notification bar and select Transfer files (MTP) from the Use USB for window.
3. After computer detects your Android device, double click My Computer/This PC > Your Android device > Navigate to the vCard file on SD card > Drag & drop the vCard file to a folder on your Mac. After the whole process is over, you will back up Android contacts to Mac.
Tips: If you find that contacts on your Android device are missing before backup, you can recover deleted contacts from Android SIM card first, then follow the above three methods about how to back up contacts to Mac to make a backup of your Android contacts.
The above three methods are all about how to back up Android contacts to Mac and you can see clearly the feature of each method from the above description. Objectively speaking, Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac is the best way to back up Android contacts to Mac, which is highly secure, easy to operate, fast in transfer and light in size. Besides, it needs no network during transfer and keeps original data quality after transfer. Hence, I strongly recommend you use Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac to solve the problem of how to back up Android contacts to Mac.
Of course, you can try other ways mentioned above if you are interested. In addition, if you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.