12 Simple Ways to Fast Connect Android to Mac (Proven & Effective)
Commonly, It's easy to connect Android devices to Windows PC. However, what if you own an Android phone and a Mac computer? To connect Android to Mac is not that easy compared with Android to Windows PC or iOS to Mac connection, due to their totally different operating systems, let alone transferring data from Android to Mac. To meet the demands of specific users, we have explored many methods to connect Android to Mac. Luckily, we finally discover that the following 12 ways are effective to connect Android to Mac. Read more to learn how to connect Android to Mac.
Using a USB cable to connect Android to computer is relatively simple and intuitive, thus, some people may tend to connect Android to Mac via USB. To successfully connect Android to Mac via USB is feasible, but you need the help of other third-party transmission media. There are many such transmission media, here we merely list the most widely adopted ways among our users.
1.1 How to Connect Android to Mac via Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac (Recommended)
Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac is one of the best Android File Transfer Apps for Mac to connect Android to Mac. You can selectively transfer contacts, call logs, text messages, user apps, music, photos, videos, books, documents, etc. between two devices or backup and restore all Android data with one click to/from Mac. Besides, you can also manage above files on Mac easily, such as create new contacts, edit, delete, import or export contacts on Mac; add, delete, export, import, reset, copy, forward and reply text messages on Mac; and import, export and delete call logs on Mac.
* One click to backup and restore all Android data to/from Mac.
* Transfer contacts, SMS, call logs, photos, videos, music, books, apps, etc. between Android device and Mac.
* Add, delete, export, import and edit contacts on Mac computer, and various contact formats are supported.
* Send & reply text messages directly from Mac, delete & reset SMS, import & export SMS on Mac.
* Download, install, uninstall and backup apps on Android device.
* Import, export, delete and refresh Android call logs on Mac.
* Take a screenshot on Android, then save it to Mac or copy it to clipboard.
Pleasingly, this powerful tool perfectly works with Mac OS X 10.9 or later and nearly all Android devices running at least Android 2.0, including Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, Google, ZTE, Huawei, etc., such as Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S9+/S9/S8+/S8/S7/S6/S5/S4/Note 9/Note 9 Plus/Note 8/Note 7/Note 6/Note 5/Note 4/Galaxy J3/J3 Pro/A9/A8/A7/A5 and etc.
How to connect Android to Mac?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac on your Mac and enter Android Assistant module from toolbox.
2. Connect Android to Mac via a USB cable. Then enable USB debugging on Android device by following the window prompt and Allow access to device data when a window pops up. After successful connection, you will see Android's main information on Mac.
3. Now you can transfer files on Mac. Choose wanted file folder from left window of this interface, check detailed items in right window, and tap Export to transfer files from Android to Mac (You can also tap Import to transfer data from Mac to Android after checking detailed items.).
This is how to connect Android to Mac via Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac, which is easy-to-connect, fast and highly secure to Android data.
1.2 How to Connect Android Phone to Mac via Android File Transfer
Many people may be familiar with Android File Transfer, a tool developed by Google to conveniently connect Android phone to Mac. Well, Android File Transfer indeed is very nice to transfer several files between Android and Mac. If you need to transfer heavy files, like large photos or videos, the transfer process may be very slow. Besides, Google seems to have given up it since it does not update it for a long time, some people may have trouble when they try to connect phone to Mac.
How to connect phone to Mac?
1. Install Android File Transfer on your Mac.
2. Connect Android to Mac.
At first, unlock your phone. Then connect Android to Mac via USB and this will automatically launch Android File Transfer, if not, launch it manually. You may need to allow USB debugging on Android. Just click Allow when a window pops up asking for USB debugging and choose File Transfer under Use USB for window on Android.
3. Browse Android files, select files you wish to transfer and drag to desktop or your preferred folder.
1.3 How to Connect Android to Mac via SD Card
Some people may store data in Android SD card to speed up RAM performance and release CPU pressure, in this regard, you can connect Android to Mac via SD card. However, before you connect Android phone to Mac, make sure you are using SD 1.X, 2.X, and 3.X standard cards with a Mac computer and the file formats conform to the Apple specific norms. And you also need to know that UHS – II SD cards only works with iMac Pro system, the transfer speed may vary with different SD cards, and some errors may occur even if SD card is mounted well.
How to connect Android phone to Mac?
1. Remove expanded SD card from Android phone.
2. Insert SD card in a card reader and plug the card reader into USB slot on your Mac.
3. Open Photos app on Mac, go to File > Import > Select pictures on SD card > Review for Import > Select Import All New Photos or Import Selected, then choose Delete Items/Keep Items from SD card after transfer as prompted.
4. You can go to Imports & Photos album to find those transferred photos.
If some of you find it troublesome to connect Android to Mac via USB, you can choose to link Android phone to Mac wirelessly. And the wireless way to connect Android phone to Mac embraces some Android version apps, cloud storage, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc. Here we introduce four wireless ways to help you connect Android to Mac seamlessly.
2.1 How to Connect Phone to Mac via AirDroid
AirDroid can connect Android to Mac over the same Wi-Fi, so that you can manage Android files from any computer and transfer files between any devices. However, many users dislike too much ads inside this app and as it can remote control your Android, the remote camera control may be easily prone to falling into wrong hands.
How to connect phone to Mac?
1. Install AirDroid Android version on your phone.
2. Browse AirDroid website on your Mac and create an account on the website.
3. Connect Android to Mac. Sign in both device using the same email, Facebook/Twitter/Google account or using Android to scan QR code on Mac.
4. On your Mac, tap Photos or your wanted file folder > select files > click Download to transfer Android files to Mac.
2.2 How to Connect Android Phone to Mac via Google Drive/ Google Photos
Google Drive, a famed cloud storage developed by Google, can connect Android to Mac and vice versa to transfer files between. You will get 15 GB free space and can grant limited access to anyone for your files. However, if you use up the free storage, you need to pay for more space. What's more, people with edit access may modify your documents and the transfer process between Android and Mac is very slow if the network is poor.
How to connect Android phone to Mac?
1. Download Google Drive or open a browser to visit Google Drive official website on your Mac, and log in.
2. Sign in Google Drive with the same account on your Android, click + button in home page > Files upload to transfer files from Android to Google Drive.
3. Find uploaded files in Google Drive on your Mac and download to save to Mac.
2.3 How to Connect Android to Mac via Dropbox
Dropbox can also link Android phone to Mac wirelessly. You can use it on a mobile, a computer or via a web browser to sync and access files. However, it only provides 2 GB free storage and requires Keychain access to verify Dropbox on Mac.
How to connect phone to MacBook?
1. Download Dropbox app from Google Play Store on your Android and sign in.
2. In home page of Dropbox Android app, tap + button > select Upload photos or videos > choose files > Upload.
3. Install Dropbox app or visit Dropbox official website page on your Mac, log in with the same account > Select Dropbox under Places > Find and select desired uploaded files > Drag and drop to Mac.
2.4 How to Connect Android Phone to Mac via Bluetooth
If you do not want to install any apps or create any account, then Bluetooth may be a very good choice for you. However, Bluetooth can transfer several MB files between devices within 10 meters for personal use.
How to connect Android to Mac?
1. Turn on Bluetooth on both devices.
On Mac, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth to toggle Bluetooth on;
On Android, go to Settings > Bluetooth to turn on Bluetooth. Select your Mac's name in Available devices below and pair two devices.
2. After pairing, click on Bluetooth icon from your Mac's menu bar > Tap on your Android's name > Select Send file to device, in this way you can transfer files to Android device.
3. Click Accept files on your Android device.
Note: If you want to transfer files from Android to Mac, you need to go to System Preferences > Sharing > Check Bluetooth Sharing to turn on Bluetooth Sharing on Mac. Then you can select files on Android and share via Bluetooth to Mac.
Apart from above methods, there are also multiple other methods which can connect Android to Mac. You can selectively try following methods if you think they are comfortable to use on your device.
3.1 How to Connect Samsung Phone to Mac
If you are a Samsung user, you can try any above methods or use the following two - Samsung Smart Switch or Samsung Kies for Mac to connect Samsung to Mac. However, this two apps only support limited Samsung phone types for Android-Mac file transfer.
3.1.1 How to Connect Samsung Phone to Mac via Samsung Smart Switch
1. Install and launch Samsung Smart Switch on your Mac.
2. Connect Samsung phone to Mac via a USB cable.
3. After connection, on your Mac, click Internal Memory > SD card/Phone > Browse for the photos (contacts, call history or music) > drag and drop to Mac.
3.1.2 How to Connect Samsung to Mac via Samsung Kies for Mac
1. On your Mac, install Samsung Kies from Samsung official website > Choose Normal mode during installation > Connect Samsung to Mac via a USB cable.
2. Click Samsung Kies icon from Mac's menu bar > Library > Photos > Add photos > Connected devices > Your Samsung phone.
3. Select your wanted photos > Save to Mac.
3.2 How to Connect Phone to MacBook via LG Bridge
LG Bridge is a built-in service for LG devices, which can manage, update and backup LG devices on Windows PC or Mac. However, it is only usable on some LG devices and file management is complicated using LG Bridge.
How to transfer from Android to Mac?
1. Install and launch LG Bridge on your Mac. Then log in and click LG Bridge icon from menu bar > LG AirDrive.
2. Connect Android to Mac. On LG phone, Click in sequence: Apps > Settings > Networks > Share & connect > LG Bridge > AirDrive > Login with the same account used on your Mac.
3. On Mac, tap your LG device in LG Drive, select files, and drag and drop files to Mac.
Click here to see how to fix if LG Bridge cannot connect >>
3.3 How to Transfer from Android to Mac via IP Connection
Android device's IP address depends on the Wi-Fi network you are using and connecting to different Wi-Fi may have different IP addresses. However, using IP address to connect Android to Mac may be not stable all the time.
1. Connect to a Wi-Fi on Android, then go to Settings > WLAN or Wi-Fi > Click on connected Wi-Fi > Open Connection status, here you will be able to see IP address of your Android.
2. On Mac, open a browser, and enter IP address into browser to connect Android to Mac.
3.4 How to Link Android Phone to Mac via Hotspot Connection
You can also connect Android to Mac via Hotspot. For my part, I usually connect Android phone to Mac when I just want to transfer several KB Doc. documents to others, and it's convenient to transfer light files.
How to link Android phone to Mac?
1. On Android, go to Settings > Mobile Network > Tethering & portable hotspot > Portable WLAN hotspot > Set your hotspot name and password and turn it on.
2. On Mac, tap Wi-Fi icon from Mac's menu bar, find your Hotspot name, click it and enter password.
After that, you will be able to connect Android to Mac and transfer files between.
How to connect Android to Mac? After reading this article, you have learned 12 ways to connect Android to Mac. Which one comes to your mind? Personally, I will highly recommend you to try Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac, the specially designed tool to connect Android to Mac, which is easy-to-operate, fast and completely secure (without damaging to Android data). Of course, you can also try other ways if you feel comfortable to use.
If you encounter any problem during use or if you have something to say about any one method, feel free to leave a comment below.