How to Copy Contacts to SIM Card on Android Phone?
"I have newly got a Google Nexus 6 and insert the original SIM card from my old Nexus 4 into the new phone so that I can have all the contacts with it. But what I finally find is that there is only part of the contacts. Why? How can I copy all contact list from a Nexus 4 to Nexus 6 without any data loss or complicated operations? " -- Ronson
If you have met the same condition like above. Never feel strange. That is because contacts on an Android phone can be saved to two place. One is the SIM card and the other is the phone internal memory card. Saving contacts in the SIM card is better and more convenient than saving in phone memory card, especially when you want to transfer contacts between two phones. That's because you can switch the SIM card directly without retyping the contacts manually one by one.
Best Tool to Help You Transfer Contacts to SIM Card in Android:
- Copy contacts in .vcf or .bak format from computer to SIM card on an Android phone without any quality loss.
- You can also export contacts from your Android phone to computer in html, vcf and bak formats.
- Add new contacts to Android in batch.
- Edit information of your existing contacts on Android phone and delete needless contacts from the phone.
- An easy-to-use Android manager to help you transfer SMS, photos, videos, music, apps and more between Android and computer.
Now, you can download the free trial version of the Android Contacts Transfer to copy contacts from computer to Android SIM card.
Direct Way to Transfer Contacts to SIM Card on Android Phone
Step 1: Launch Android Assistant for copying contacts to SIM card
Run the Android contacts transfer program and connect your Android phone with your computer via a USB cable. Or you can connect it through WiFi network. Then the program starts to detect your Android device automatically. Check if you have enabled the USB debugging on your Android phone, if not, you need to open it first.
Step 2: Start to copy contacts to Android SIM card
Navigate to the "Contacts" tab in the left-hand column. Click to open it and you can enter the contacts managing window. To transfer contacts to Android SIM card, you should click the "Import" button from the top line, browse the location where the .vcf or .bak files are saved and import them.
Above are all steps needed for copying contacts to SIM card on an Android phone. Pretty simple, right?
Additional Tips: Copy Contacts from Android to Computer
As I mentioned above, this Android Manager also enables you to move contacts from the phone to your computer for backup. To achieve that, you just need to follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Android Manager.
2. Click "Contacts" category to enter contacts managing window.
3. Select the contacts you want to move and click "Export" button.
If you have some duplicate contacts that need to be wiped out, you can tick them off and click "Delete" button. What a powerful tool? So, why not download this Android contacts manager program and have a try on your own?