How to Recover Data from Android Phone with Broken Screen [Solved]
Everyone tries best to well preserve our most important communication tool - smartphone, unfortunately, sometimes we still accidentally break it. Have you ever had this similar experience? As there are inevitably so much important data in our Android phone, you may wonder how to recover data from Android phone with broken screen. To help more people solve this similar problem, I have concluded 5 easy and effective ways to retrieve data from broken phone.
As mentioned above, no matter how carefully we protect our Android smartphone, unexpected accident may still happen from time to time: Your Android device slides out of pocket and falls to ground by chance. In this case, the broken phone screen can be in two situations: Slightly broken phone screen which is touchable and operable and completely shattered phone screen where nothing is operable and visible. In either situation, you can recover data from broken phone with a reliable third-party broken phone recovery software.
If you have stored most important data on Android SD card, the thing may get much easier. You can simply eject your SD card and insert it into a computer to extract data from broken Android. However, in most cases, the important data are in both internal and external memory card. Do not worry. You can retrieve files from broken phone with professional broken phone recovery software first, then send it to a nearby mobile repair store to replace a new screen.
But I will say backup is always the last straw at anytime. Remember to back up Android or back up Android to Mac regularly before any accident happens.
Now, let's see how to recover data from Android phone with broken screen.
In this part, I will introduce 5 easy ways about how to recover data from Android phone with broken screen, including professional broken phone recovery software and other free methods. Using professional broken phone recovery software can recover data from broken Android phone internal memory as well as external SD card, while using other methods can recover limited data from Android phone and is more complicated. Before you decide which way is proper to conduct damaged Android data recovery, read through all methods first.
2.1 How to Conduct Broken Android Data Extraction via Android Data Extraction
Android Data Extraction, a professional broken phone recovery software, can fix crashed, frozen or locked Android phone to normal and extract data for backup on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. No matter your phone is frozen or black screen for virus attack, system crash or phone drown, and no matter you forget Android password or not, this broken phone recovery software can fix your broken Android phone to normal.
Additionally, it can recover data from broken phone internal storage and SD card, such as contacts, messages, message attachments, call logs, WhatsApp, WhatsApp attachments, pictures, photos, audios, videos and other documents. It's just safe, easy-to-use and fast.
Well, this broken phone recovery software supports most Samsung phones, like Samsung Galaxy Note 3/4/5, Samsung Galaxy S4/S5/S6, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, etc.
How to recover data from broken phone?
1. Install and Launch Android Data Extraction on your computer and choose Broken Android Data Extraction from left navigation bar.
2. Connect your Android phone or tablet to computer with a USB cable, make sure Broken Android Data Extraction can automatically detect your device. Then click Start to select Android phone name and model and follow three steps to enter the Download mode. You can choose corresponding problem to fix your phone.
3. After fixing, this software will automatically scan your phone data. When scanning process is finished, check files you want to recover from menu, and click Recover below to retrieve data from broken phone to computer.
2.2 How to Recover Data from Broken Phone via AutoPlay/ USB Cable
AutoPlay is a built-in feature of Windows computer. When you connect your broken screen Android phone to computer, AutoPlay may pop up and automatically detect your Android device, and you can copy and paste files to computer. However, AutoPlay only works when you have enabled USB debugging before Android phone is shattered. What's more, AutoPlay can only recover media files,i.e. pictures, music or videos files, and cannot retrieve contacts, SMS, call logs, WhatsApp, Line, etc. For those files, you can try method 1 above to recover.
How to retrieve data from broken phone?
1. Plug your broken Android device into computer via a USB cable.
2. AutoPlay will pop up and automatically detect your Android device. Once your device gets recognized by computer, click Open folder to view files from AutoPlay window (If AutoPlay does not pop up, you can go to My Computer > My Android Device to copy files.).
3. Select and drag files from your broken phone to computer for backup.
After that, you can send your broken Android device to the nearest repair store to repair it.
2.3 How to Retrieve Data from Broken Phone via Android Control
Android Control is a new and free broken phone recovery software developed by XDA Forum member, which can access your Android device through Windows PC even if your touchscreen is inoperable or invisible. In fact, it is more a little program. However, this program is a little complicated since you need to write code during recovery process and it only works if you have enabled USB debugging on Android device before it is broken.
How to access broken phone memory?
1. Install Android Control and ADB on your computer to access your locked Android phone with broken screen. The ADB program will create a shortcut on your PC which you can use to open a command prompt.
2. Once the command prompt is open, enter the following code:
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >>/system/build.prop
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >>/system/build.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb" >>/system/build.prop"
4. Connect your broken Android device to computer via a USB cable, then Android Control will pop up.
5. Now you can choose data from your Android to make a backup to computer, Google Drive or Dropbox.
2.4 How to Extract Data from Broken Phone via OTG Adaptor And Mouse
If you cannot enter device password on your shattered screen Android phone, you can use an OTG Adaptor and a mouse to unlock your broken Android.
How to extract data from broken phone?
1. Plug the Micro USB side of OTG Adaptor into your Android USB port and connect a mouse to the other side of OTG Adaptor.
2. Then you will see a pointer on your Android screen and use this pointer to enter device password or PIN to unlock it.
3. After unlocking, you can back up Android data to cloud service, like Android built-in cloud backup, Google Drive or Dropbox for future recovery.
2.5 How to Get Data from Broken Android SD Card
If you have stored some important data on Android SD card, you can retrieve data from broken phone SD card to recover media files, like photos, videos, music or documents. However, you cannot recover information data, such as contacts, messages, call logs, etc. from SD card.
How to retrieve files from broken phone?
1. Remove expanded SD card from broken phone and insert it into a card reader before plugging the card reader into a computer.
2. Once SD card is recognized by computer, you can open it and copy files from it to computer for backup.
After you have mastered broken Android data recovery, you may be remorseful about not backing up important data beforehand. Stop regretting! You can back up everything on Android using Coolmuster Android Assistant to avoid data loss.
Coolmuster Android Assistant, an all-in-one Android backup and restore tool, allows you to back up and restore everything on Android, like contacts, SMS, call logs, photos, videos, music, documents, apps, etc. from Android internal memory and external SD card. Besides using one-click back up and restore feature, you can also selectively back up and restore whatever you want on Android device.
In addition to back up and restore, you can also use Coolmuster Android Assistant to transfer, manage or edit files.
* Hammer at back up and restore overall Android phone's data on PC with one click & retain original quality.
* Breezily transfer contacts, SMS, call logs, music, videos, photos, etc. between PC and your phone.
* Add, delete, unduplicate and edit contacts on PC.
* Send & reply text messages directly on your Computer.
* Install & uninstall apps from computer.
* Import, export, delete and refresh Android call logs.
* Export contacts to Outlook and import contacts from Outlook.
And this powerful tool supports Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP computer, Mac OS X 10.9 or later and most Android phones running at least Android 2.0, including HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, ZTE, LG, HUAWEI, Dell, etc., such as HTC U11+/U11/10/M10H/A9W/M9W/M9Et/M8W/M8Et/Evo/Desire/Inspire/Wildfire/HD2/Hero, etc.
How to Back up Android data with Coolmuster Android Assistant?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant on computer and enter Android Assistant module from toolbox.
2. Connect Android device to computer via a USB cable and enable USB debugging and grant permission on Android device with onscreen prompt. After successful connection, you will see Android's main information on computer.
3. From the left navigation menu, you can see all your Android data in different files, for example, Contacts. You can also click each folder to preview details from left window. Then check your wanted items and tap Export above to back up Android data to computer (You can also back up all Android data with one click).
How to back up Android using Coolmuster Android Assistant? This video is about Android backup and restore, check this video to learn more.
There are five easy methods about how to recover data from Android phone with broken screen in this article, after reading, you may have a clear impression on each way. Obviously, the first way - using Android Data Extraction to recover data from broken phone is superior to others, while using other ways to retrieve data from broken phone is either too complicated or unable to recover all data stored on Android device. Out of this reason, I strongly recommend you to try Android Data Extraction. Of course, you can also try other methods if you feel comfortable.
If you encounter any difficulty during use, share with us by leaving a comment below, and we will fast help you solve it.