Useful Tips to Fix Samsung Smart Switch Not Working (Completed Solved)
Samsung Galaxy S20 series is one of the most eye-catching smartphones this Spring and many Android users have turned their eyes to it. When you transfer data from old phone to Samsung Galaxy, you may use this built-in file transfer tool - Samsung Smart Switch. However, these days, there may be something wrong with Samsung Smart Switch, as you can see that many users complain about Samsung Smart Switch not working in various Samsung forums.
And these problems mainly center on: Samsung Smart Switch is unable to connect to device, Samsung Smart Switch unsupported USB connection, Samsung Smart Switch is not compatible, Smart Switch update is not working, Samsung Smart Switch not working with Windows 10, or Samsung Smart Switch not working on Mac. If you are suffering above Samsung Smart Switch not working issue, you can refer to the Samsung Smart Switch troubleshooting below to make your data transfer smooth and fast.
Part 1 Common Issues about Samsung Smart Switch Not Working
Part 2 Samsung Smart Switch Troubleshooting - How to Fix
Part 3 Best Alternatives When Samsung Smart Switch Is Not Working
Extra Tips: How to Protect Your Samsung Galaxy
There may be quite a few possible reasons why Samsung Smart Switch failed to connect the device, shut down randomly or became irresponsive after launching, and here are the potential reasons why Samsung Smart Switch malfunctioned on your device:
- Samsung Smart Switch is not compatible with your devices.
- The drivers fail to load automatically.
- You have forbidden some necessary application permissions during installation.
- Improper installation of Smart Switch.
- The connection is interrupted by some sort of software.
- The USB cable is infective or broken.
- Smart Switch needs updating to the latest version.
- Not enough space on your device to install and run Smart Switch.
- Your devices run a lower operating system that Smart Switch does not support.
- You wrongly transfer data from Samsung to another mobile device, which is not supportable by Smart Switch.
- Software or firmware problem on either device.
- Low battery on one device.
From the above, you can clearly find that some issues are easy to solve while some are not. And next, we will introduce how to fix it accordingly.
Before you begin Samsung Smart Switch troubleshooting, you have to make sure the following tips: First, you have installed Smart Switch on both devices. Second, the target phone is a Samsung Galaxy phone. Third, the source phone must run Android 4.3 or higher or iOS 5 or higher. Fourth, don't forcefully exit Smart Switch during the transfer process.
Tip 1 How to Fix Samsung Smart Switch Not Connecting
If you find Samsung Smart Switch failed to connect or Smart Switch unsupported USB connection, the first thing you can do is to check whether the USB cable or port is working well and whether there is any physical damage on USB cable, then you can use a piece of dry cloth to clean the USB port.
Second, you need to check if you have activated the USB debugging on your devices by going to mobile Settings > Device information > Build Number > Tap it for seven times continuously > Back to the last page and click Developer Mode > Enable USB debugging.
Also, Smart Switch not working may result from Wi-Fi connection. So, go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Turn Wi-Fi on and make sure both devices are under the same Wi-Fi network. If it still doesn't work, you can restart your devices to try connecting again.
Tip 2 How to Fix Samsung Smart Switch Not Enough Space
During you use Samsung Smart Switch, if you receive a notification saying that there is not enough space on your mobile phone, you can set it by going to Settings > Click Storage to check how much space is available currently and free up space by deleting some unwanted files or by going to Settings > Apps > Select some heavy but unimportant apps > Storage > Tap Clear Data or Clear Cache to free up more space. Of course, remember to check twice before you delete unwanted files or clear app data to avoid accidental data loss.
Tip 3 How to Fix Samsung Smart Switch Not Compatible Issue
If you find Samsung Smart Switch is not compatible with your mobile phone, you can check whether your device runs Android 4.3 and later or iOS 5 or later, if not, you can update the operating system to the latest version. Then, make sure to correctly mark your devices as Android or iOS device and Sending or Receiving device. Also, make sure that the target device must be Samsung.
Tip 4 How to Fix the Issue Smart Switch Keeps Crashing
If you encounter a sudden crash or quit while transferring data from the old device to your Samsung phone, you can solve it by uninstalling and reinstalling it or updating it to the latest version. Normally, many app crash issues can be solvable via this way, if not, you can report your problem to after-sale service of Samsung Smart Switch and their technical workers will help you solve this.
Tip 5 How to Fix Blank Or Irresponsive Screen
If you get a blank screen during you use Smart Switch, you can fix it by resetting the application/rebooting your phone, connecting your phone to a charger or sending your phone to a professional to get the damaged screen repaired. And for an irresponsive screen, you can fix it by rebooting the phone, uninstalling the app or sending it to an expert for a faulty component repair.
As you can see, Samsung Smart Switch not working problem happens now and then, if you are not to take much time to fix Samsung Smart Switch not working issue, you can find other alternative apps to transfer data from one phone to another. Here we recommend you two alternatives to Samsung Smart Switch.
3.1 Coolmuster Mobile Transfer
The simplest and fastest way to transfer data from one phone to another is Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, which supports Android 2.1 and later as well as iOS 5 and higher versions. Besides, it supports four transfer modes: Android to Android transfer, iOS to iOS transfer, Android to iOS transfer and iOS to Android transfer. For Android to Android transfer, it supports to transfer contacts, SMS, call logs, music, videos, photos, eBooks and user apps from one to another and the data from two phones will merge instead of erasing.
What's more, it also supports to transfer contacts, calendars, bookmarks, eBooks (PDFs & ePubs) and notes (not supported in iOS 11 or later) from iOS to iOS, transfer contacts and eBooks (PDFs and ePubs) from Android to iOS, and transfer contacts, SMS, music, videos, photos and eBooks (PDFs & ePubs) from iOS to Android. Then, you may also concern about compatibility. Well, it works well with all iPhones, iPad, iPod and almost all Android devices, like Samsung, Sony, LG, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, Google, etc.
For Samsung devices, it supports all types running Android 2.1 and later, such as Galaxy S20 Ultra/Z Flip/Z Flip Thom Browne/S10+/S10/S10e/S/S9+/S9/S8+/S8, Galaxy Note 10+/10/9/8, Galaxy A70s/A70/A50s/A90/A20s/A80/A60/A40s/A8s/A9s/A6s/A9 Star/A9 Star Lite, Samsung Galaxy M30s/Fold/S20+/S20, Samsung W20, Galaxy Tab S6/S5e/S4/S3/S2/A 2019/A/A2017/A2016/E, etc.
How to transfer data from Android phone to Samsung?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Mobile Transfer on your computer.
2. Connect your two phones to computer via suitable USB cables, and enable USB debugging and grant permission on each phone as prompted. Make sure your old phone be in the source phone's position, if not, you can click Flip in between to make a change. After successful connection, you will see Connected shown in each phone's position.
3. Check the wanted file(s) under Select content to copy and click Start Copy below to transfer data from Android phone to Samsung.
3.2 Coolmuster Android Assistant
The second best Android data transfer tool I highly recommend to you is Coolmuster Android Assistant, which supports to transfer, manage, backup and restore Android data on computer.
With Coolmuster Android Assistant, you can backup and restore Android phone data on PC with original quality, breezily transfer contacts, SMS, call logs, music, videos, photos, eBooks, documents, user apps and more between PC and your phone, and manage Android data on computer, such as add, delete and edit contacts, send, copy, forward, reply and delete text messages, install and uninstall user apps, import, export and delete call logs, export contacts to Outlook and import contacts from Outlook.
Similarly, Coolmuster Android Assistant is also fully compatible with all Android devices running Android 2.1 and later, including Samsung, Sony, LG, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, Google, Dell and more Android brands.
How to transfer data from Android phone to Samsung?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant on your computer, and enter in Android Assistant module from toolbox.
2. Connect two Android phones to computer via suitable USB cables. Then enable USB debugging and grant permission on each phone as prompted. After successful connection, you will see Android phones' information on this program as pictured below.
3. Click Super Toolkit on the top menu > Backup > Select your old Android phone, tick contents you want to transfer and find a location on your computer to save data > Tap Back Up.
4. Click Super Toolkit on the top menu > Restore > Choose your Samsung device from a drop-down list and check files you want to restore > Hit Restore. After that, you will find transferred files in relevant folders on Samsung phone.
Besides above Samsung Smart Switch troubleshooting, Samsung Smart Switch not working issue can also be completely avoidable if you can pay more attention to some minor issues:
* Use a good protective case on your Samsung Galaxy to guard against broken or cracked screen after accidentally falling down to ground.
* Keep your phone's purchase invoice, warranty certificate or other receipts on hand until the expiry date, since you will get after-sale support in time once your phone has manufacturing faults or non-human damages.
* Install a reliable antivirus software to prevent your Samsung Galaxy from any virus attack.
* Read carefully the reviews and descriptions before you download any applications from Google Play Store and never install applications from unknown or a third-party source.
* Avoid overcharging the battery of Samsung Galaxy, since it may harm the phone components and units.
* Do not play mobile games with heavy graphics in the process of data transfer, because it will occupy large space and get your phone stuck.
Samsung Smart Switch not working will surely cause inconvenience for Samsung users. Luckily, you can still fix it by following the above Samsung Smart Switch troubleshooting. Even though you cannot fix it, you can use better alternative apps - Coolmuster Mobile Transfer or Coolmuster Android Assistant to transfer data from old phone to Samsung Galaxy. I highly recommend you to use these two because I have tried them, and both of them are fast, easy-to-operate and highly secure to my phone data. Just have a try and you will appreciate it.
If you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.