- Apple Support Community
Do you have any problem transferring playlists from iPhone to iTunes? If yes, don't worry. This article offers a specific tutorial for importing playlists from iPhone to iTunes. Before continuing, ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Part 1. How to Transfer Playlists from iPhone to iTunes Directly
Part 2. How to Save Playlists from iPhone to iTunes via Coolmuster iOS Assistant
Part 3. How to Sync Playlists from iTunes to iPhone
It's simple to transfer playlists from iPhone to iTunes directly. Below are the specific steps.
1. Plug your iPhone into the computer using the original USB cable and launch iTunes if it doesn't open automatically.
2. Trust the computer if it's the first time connecting your iPhone to the computer.
3. Select Playlist under the On My Device section and choose the desired playlists on the right panel.
4. Tap File at the top-left corner of the iTunes window > Library > Export Playlist... > name the exported file > Save.
5. Click File on the iTunes window > Library > Import Playlist... > pick the file you exported a moment ago.
Following this guide, you can easily transfer photos from a flash drive to an iPhone.
Want to AirDrop files from an iPhone to Mac? Then you can refer to these reliable tricks.
Directly transferring playlists from iPhone to iTunes will save a .txt file on your computer, which cannot be edited or played straight away. Thus, many people are not keen to sync playlists from iPhone to iTunes with the help of iTunes.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant is a powerful and easy tool to export playlists from iPhone to a computer or the default iTunes backup location. Besides, it also allows you to selectively transfer data between a computer and iPhone.
The highlights of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
One click to move playlists from iPhone to iTunes:
1. Install and run the software on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB and hit Trust on your iPhone if asked. Once detected, it will display the iPhone information on the home interface.
3. Click Super Toolkit on the top > iTunes Backup & Restore > Backup. Next, pick your iPhone from the drop-down list > tap the Back up files to default iTunes backup location option > click OK. It will export all iPhone data, including playlists, to the default iTunes backup location.
3 Ways to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer without iTunes
How to Add Ringtones to iPhone 13 from Computer? (Best Ever)
If you have wonderful playlists in the iTunes library, you can move them to your iPhone via iTunes.
For iTunes 12 and above:
1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer. Ensure that iTunes can detect and display your iPhone.
2. Tap Music on the left panel, check the box next to Sync Music, and select the Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres option.
3. Choose the playlists you want to transfer to your iPhone under Playlists and hit Apply.
For iTunes 11 and below:
1. Run iTunes on your computer and plug your iPhone into the computer.
2. Click the iPhone icon when it shows up in the iTunes window and choose Music on the left panel.
3. Tick off the box next to Sync Music and check the Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres option.
4. Select the wanted playlists under Playlists and hit Apply.
Transferring playlists from iPhone to iTunes or vice versa is not difficult as you think. As you can see, you can use iTunes or a third-party tool to achieve it easily. But if you wish to use the playlists on your computer directly, I recommend you try Coolmuster iOS Assistant. It saves your playlists from your iPhone to iTunes in readable formats, and the whole process takes only a few seconds.
If you want to share your opinion with us, please leave a comment below.
[GUIDE] How to Delete Playlists on iPhone Quickly in 3 Easy Ways?
[Solved] How to Transfer Music from CD to iPhone 12/11/X/8/7 Easily?
How to Transfer Music from Windows Media Player to iPhone 12/11/XR/XS/X? (Top Two Methods)
4 Ways on How to Delete Music from iPhone But Not iTunes
How to Transfer MP4 to iPhone Simply and Quickly? (New Data)