"I have lost all of my favorites/bookmarks which I have saved on my iPhone. Why would these disappear? Since my storage has gotten low, I don't have them linked to iCloud. Any help on how I can get these back or why this has happened would be much appreciated."
- MacRumors Forums
Safari is the default browser on your iPhone or iPad, and you may have added some impressive pages or videos as bookmarks. Recently, many Apple users reported that the bookmarks on their iPhones disappeared after updating to iOS 15. Why are the iPhone Safari favorites missing? And how do I get my bookmarks back on my iPhone?
No worries! You will figure everything out in this guide.
Before we go straight to the troubleshooting methods, you may want to know why "all my bookmarks are gone from my iPhone". In fact, it is not an uncommon issue that Safari bookmarks are gone from an iPhone or iPad. Here is a list of possible reasons that may be responsible for the "iPad bookmarks disappeared" problem.
Whatever the reason is, it is imperative to restore the bookmarks that disappeared on iPhone/iPad. Continue reading and follow us to the step-by-step solutions below.
Read more: This guide will tell you how to unfreeze an iPhone when its screen is frozen. Let's check it out.
Below are the nine effective tricks to get back the disappeared Safari bookmarks.
Restarting your device can resolve many system bugs, including the Safari bookmarks disappeared issue. Here's what you can do.
For iPhone 8 or newer models:
For iPhone 7/7 Plus:
For iPhone 6s and older models:
For iPad models with Face ID or Touch ID:
For iPad models with a Home button:
Want to recover notes from iCloud from your iOS device? Here is the guide that can help you.
Wonder how to use AppValley? Read this article, and then you will know all the info on this app.
You can also exit and enter the Safari app again to see if all the disappeared bookmarks come back.
Another way to try when the iPhone bookmarks are gone is to re-sign in to your iCloud account.
First, open Settings > tap your name > click Sign Out to completely log out of your Apple ID. Later, open Settings > tap your name > Sign In and enter the Apple ID password. After that, open the Safari app to see whether the lost bookmarks appear.
Learn more: Looking for a way to recover your photos from recently deleted ablum on your iPhone? You will get 5 ways from this article.
In some cases, the incorrect date and time can lead to unexpected system errors like iPad bookmarks gone. At this moment, you need to check whether the date and time show correctly on your device.
If the option is already on, turn it off. A few seconds later, please turn it on again.
Assume you have turned on Safari in iCloud. You can check the iCloud settings to see if it is set correctly.
Afterward, tap the Delete from My iPhone option if your data has synced to one or more computers. Or, select the Keep on My iPhone option.
A strong internet connection makes iCloud syncing more smoothly. Otherwise, the Safari bookmarks may disappear. Thus, you can open a browser on your iPhone and visit a reliable website to see if the network speed is stable. If not, it's necessary to reload the Safari data or restart your iPhone.
You should also ensure that the Apple ID you are using on your iPhone is the same one you back up your Safari data. Head over to Settings > tap your name > check if the Apple ID is the same.
Maybe you like: What if your videos disappear from your iPhone? Don't panic. You can fix this issue with these tips.
If the above tricks cannot make the disappeared bookmarks emerge, try to restore bookmarks from your iTunes or iCloud backup if there's one already.
To restore bookmarks on iPhone from iTunes backup:
To retrieve bookmarks on iPhone from iCloud backup:
Note: Both ways will cause data loss on your iPhone.
Apart from the above common methods, you can also use professional software to extract the disappeared bookmarks from iTunes backup. Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery is one of the best data recovery apps to get precious bookmarks back. With the app, you can preview all the Safari content and restore the desired bookmarks to the computer in HTML or XML format without connecting your iPhone.
Key features of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery:
* Restore Safari, Safari history, calendars, and other data from the iTunes backup file to a computer. (Note: Safari history is not supported in iOS 10 and later)
* Preview all the iTunes data and choose the desired bookmarks to restore.
* No need to connect your iPhone.
* Cause no data loss on your iPhone or iPad.
* Support iTunes backups from all iPhone/iPad models.
How to restore bookmarks on iPhone safely?
1. Install and run the app on your computer. Then, click the iOS Recovery module > Recover from iTunes Backup File mode on the left side.
2. Choose a backup file from the list and tap Start Scan. If you cannot find the wanted iTunes backup file, click the Select button to choose it from other customized folders.
3. Tick off Safari and Safari History on the data selection page and hit the Start Scan button again.
4. After scanning, choose Safari or Safari History on the left panel and preview all the Safari data. Later, tick off the bookmarks you want to restore and touch the Recover to Computer icon to export them to your PC.
Perhaps you need:
As you can see, it isn't very pleasant to lose bookmarks on iPhone/iPad. Therefore, taking a regular backup of bookmarks is of great importance.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant makes it easy to back up bookmarks, contacts, notes, iBooks, and other important data on your iOS device. It also allows you to manage your iPhone data and restore the backups within clicks.
The highlights of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
* Selectively export bookmarks from your iPhone/iPad to a computer in HTML or XML format for easy reading.
* Back up and restore all iPhone data.
* Preview all the bookmarks before backup.
* Edit, delete, add, & import bookmarks to your iPhone.
* Support all iPhone/iPad models with iOS 5 to iOS 15, including the latest iPhone SE (3rd generation)/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini, the new iPad mini 2022, etc.
How to back up bookmarks from iPhone to the computer?
Note: Your iPhone/iPad should be detectable by iTunes or Music. Or the program may fail to recognize it.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer.
2. Connect your iDevice to the computer via a USB cable and trust the computer as prompted. Later, follow the on-screen directory to continue until you see the following interface, which means your iPhone is successfully connected.
3. Click Bookmarks on the left sidebar, preview all the items, and check the desired bookmarks to back up. After that, click the Export button on the top to save them to your computer.
Don't worry if bookmarks on iPhone disappeared. You can try any way above to get them back. If you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before, using Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery will quickly restore the lost bookmarks from the previous iTunes backup file to your computer.
Also, we strongly recommend you back up your iPhone bookmarks periodically to avoid troublesome moments in the future. And you can do it with Coolmuster iOS Assistant, which is easy, fast, and user-friendly.