So this article here is going to show you how to recover iTunes forgotten passwords and alternative way to restore iTunes backup without logging into iTunes.
The passwords of Apple ID is the same with iTunes passcodes, and Apple ID is used to shop in iTunes Store, log into iCloud and etc. Usually, your Apple ID is bound to your email, if you want to reset your iTunes passcodes, you need to know the email address for your Apple ID at first.
1. Visit Apple ID account website and hit the "Forgot Apple ID or password" option.
2. Enter your Apple ID. Usually, the Apple ID is your email address. Then select the option to reset your passwords and select Continue option.
3. Choose how to reset your passwords:
- "Answer security questions" option: you might answer the security questions that you have set to reset the new passcodes.
- "Get an email" option: you can also to get a email from Apple to reset your passwords.
- After resetting your password, you are required to log in again with your new passcodes. Then you can log into your iTunes Store afterworlds.
If the reason that you recover the forgotten iTunes passwords is to restore the iTunes backup, there is a better alternative way to recover iTunes backup files without the iTunes passwords. You can rely on a professional iTunes Backup Extractor - Coolmuster iOS Data Rescuer for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
This tool has two modes to recover files, recover from iOS Device and Recover from iTunes Backup File. With this all-in-one software, you can recover all contents on iOS device with a few clicks, including contacts, music, photos, messages, notes, videos and etc. And this software supports to work with all generations of iOS device, including iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s/SE, iPad mini, iPad air, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPod touch and etc.
Here is the free trial of the software in Mac and Windows version, you can download it on your computer and start to recover files from iTunes backup right now.
Here is how to recover files from iTunes backup with the tool:
Step 1. Run the iTunes Backup Extractor tool
Download and install the right version of the recommended software on your computer, then run it. To restore from iTunes backup, you don't need to connect your iPhone or iPad to computer with USB cable. Just launch it and switch to Recover from iTunes Backup File mode on the main interface.
Step 2. Scan the related iTunes backup
On the interface, you will get a list of iTunes backup files, which are the iTunes backup that you have synced your device to iTunes with this computer. Just select one backup that you want to extract and hit the StartScan button to extract the iTunes files.
Step 3. Preview and select desired files to recover from iTunes backup
After scanning, all the files from the selected iTunes backup will be shown in different file folders. Just visit the file folder and select the contents you want and then hit "Recover" to save them on computer immediately.