So you have ever deleted very important text messages or iMessages on your iPad. It doesn't seem very easy to retrieve deleted messages on iPad, but it is possible. Nowadays, some powerful data recovery software can easily get deleted messages and other data back, let alone you have backed up your iPhone messages somewhere!
Thus, stop being distraught! Check this guide to learn how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPad in five feasible ways.
Way 1. How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPad with/without Backup via Coolmuster
Way 2. How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on iPad with iTunes Backup
Way 3. How to Restore Deleted Messages on iPad with iCloud Backup
Way 4. How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on iPad 2 via Your Phone Provider
Way 5. How to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPad by Asking Your Friends
Only need to recover the wanted texts on your iPad? Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery is the ideal way that can fulfill your needs. It has state-of-the-art algorithm technology that can recover the lost and existing text messages and other lost and existing data, such as photos, music, calendars, videos, iBooks, voice memos, etc.
The highlights of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery:
* Retrieve deleted text messages on iPad mini/Pro/Air and iPad from the iTunes backup file.
* Recover the deleted and existing messages from the iPad to a computer without backup.
* Preview and choose the desired messages to recover or backup.
* More than text messages, it also recovers other files from the iPad without backup or from the iTunes backup file.
* Fast recovery without data damages and save texts in an easily readable format on the computer.
* Fully compatible with all iPad models (iPadOS 15 supported), including the new iPad mini/iPad, iPad Pro 5/4/3/2/1, iPad mini 5/4/3/2/1, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad with Retina display, iPad Air 4/3/2/1, iPad 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, etc. It also works for iPhone 14/13 Pro/13/12 Pro/12/11 Pro/11/X/8/7/6, and more.
1. Connect your iPad to the computer.
After installing the software on your computer, please open it and click the iOS Recovery module on the interface. Next, connect your iPad to the computer via a USB cable and trust the computer if asked.
Once connected, you will see the following interface. Select Messages and tap the Start Scan button to continue.
2. Preview and choose the messages you want to recover.
When the program scans out all your messages, select Messages from the left panel and preview the detailed information on the interface. After preview, check the items you want to recover. If needed, you can turn on the Only display the deleted item(s) button.
3. Recover the deleted text messages to the computer.
Once selected, tap the Recover to Computer button to save the deleted messages to your computer.
1. Choose an iTunes backup file.
After installing and running Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery on your computer, choose the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode on the left. The program will scan the default iTunes backup location on your computer. Select a backup file from the list and tap the Start Scan button when it displays the backup history.
Note: If you cannot find the wanted file, please click the Select button to pick the iTunes backup file from the customized folders.
2. Select Messages to retrieve.
Tick off Messages on the following interface and hit the Start Scan button to scan the messages.
3. Retrieve deleted message on iPad.
When the scanning process is complete, click Messages on the left window and preview the message details. Finally, tick the messages you wish to get back and tap the Recover to Computer button.
You may like:
If you have backed up your iPad with iTunes before, you can also restore deleted messages on a computer via iTunes. However, the restoring process will erase the current data on the target device.
How to retrieve deleted text messages on iPad Pro via iTunes?
1. Run iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad via a USB cable.
2. When iTunes detects your iPad, tap the iPad icon at the top-left corner and hit Summary.
3. Choose This computer and tap the Restore Backup button to retrieve everything in the backup file, including the text messages.
iCloud is another official way to back up your iPad messages and other files. So, if you have backed up your iPad to iCloud previously, the chances are that the deleted messages are included in the backup file. Then you can retrieve the lost texts from the iCloud backup.
Similarly, this method will also erase the existing iPad content and settings. If you are sure to use this way, follow the instructions below.
To retrieve deleted text messages on iPad mini with iCloud backup:
1. Open the iPad's Settings > find General > tap Reset > select the Reset All Content and Settings option. Confirm the reset option and enter your passcode to continue the operation.
2. Wait until your iPad finishes erasure. Then it will restart automatically. After that, set up your iPad as a new device by following the on-screen prompts and choose the Restore from iCloud Backup option when it displays the Apps & Data screen.
3. Sign in to your Apple ID and select a backup file. Once done, click the Restore button to start restoring messages and deleting everything on your iPad.
You might like:
Assume that the backup file does not contain the deleted text messages, and you don't want to try the third-party app. You can contact your phone carrier to get the deleted messages back. Generally, some providers (certainly not all) will keep records of your incoming and outgoing calls, sent and received messages, and other data on their systems.
Therefore, you can give your phone provider a call and submit a requirement. And remember to be polite and reasonable.
Want to factory reset an iPad without passcode or iTunes? Maybe you can get help from this article.
You can also follow this guide to sync your music from Android to a PC and vice versa.
If you remember who send you the messages, you can also ask him to send you the messages again. Although this method does not apply to all users since it is difficult to recall all friends who have sent you messages and the message themes, you can still give it a try.
Anyway, you are recommended to try the solutions mentioned above to retrieve the deleted messages on the iPad.
After reading the above five methods, you may have understood how to retrieve the deleted text messages on your iPad. You can retrieve deleted messages on iPad from the iTunes or iCloud backup file if there is one and you don't mind further data loss. Otherwise, you can try Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery to get them back with or without backup. It won't cause data loss on your iPad. Besides, you can preview scanned-out data and selectively retrieve the wanted messages.
Certainly, you can also try contacting the service provider or friends to get them back, but it cannot guarantee that they can help you.