How to delete WhatsApp media files from iPhone permanently? With the growing popularity of instant communication tool, the issue of privacy security attracts much attention among users when using instant messager, even the popular WhatsApp app. When chatting with WhatsApp, people usually share their personal files with others, including the photos, videos, locations, voice messages, documents, contacts and etc.
This not only takes up more and more storage space on iPhone but also make it easier to leak out your personal information, especially when you plan to lend your iPhone to others, or send your iPhone to repair shop, or sell your iPhone out and etc. Even you delete the media files from your WhatsApp, there is still chance to recover the deleted data from iOS device with third-party tool like Coolmuster iOSRescuer. So how to delete WhatsApp media from iPhone permanently without opportunity to be recovered? This article will show you some suggestions.
To permanently delete WhatsApp media from iPhone without any chance to recover, you can rely on the iOS WhatsApp Media Eraser (or iOS WhatsApp Media Eraser for Mac) to reach the goal without hassle. With it, you can erase all WhatsApp media files like videos, photos, voice messages, GIF images, locations and etc. all at once with one simple click. And this erasing tool is compatible with all models of iOS device, including iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/7 Plus/7/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5, iPad Pro/Air/mini, iPad with Retina display, The new iPad, iPad 2/1 and iPod touch/Shuffle/Nano/Classic and etc.
Free download the program in Mac or Windows version on your computer.
[User Guide] 3 Steps to Erase WhatsApp Media on iPhone Completely:
Step 1. Download, install and launch the iOS WhatsApp Media Eraser on your computer and link your iPhone to computer via USB cord. Thus this program will automatically detect your iPhone.
Step 2. Choose "Erase Private Data" mode for deleting WhatsApp media files when the program detects your iPhone.
Step 3. Then you can click "Message Attachments" to select unwanted WhatsApp media, click "Erase Now" and type "delete" on pop up window to confirm your action and start to erase WhatsApp media files permanently.
You might be interested in: 2 Methods to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
Tips 1. How to Delete Media Files from iPhone WhatsApp One by One
You can delete the media files from WhatsApp on iPhone directly. However, this method will remove the messages along with the media files, and you have to delete the media files from every contact one by one.
- Open WhatsApp app on your iPhone;
- Tap "Contact" tab on the bottom;
- Choose one contact that you want to delete the media files from;
- Click "Media, Link & Docs" option;
- Preview and choose the media files that you want to remove and confirm your action.
Tips 2. How to Clear WhatsApp Media from Settings on iPhone One by One
You can also delete media files from WhatsApp via Settings on iPhone, but you need to delete them one by one and they are not completely erased from your iPhone and can be recovered, too.
- Launch WhatsApp app on your iPhone;
- Visit "Settings" on WhatsApp and tap "Data and Storage Usage" option;
- Click "Storage Usage" option, which will show your chats on screen;
- Select the chat that contains the unwanted media files;
- Click "Clear Chat" option on the bottom;
- Here you can see all your media files, like images, GIFs, Videos, Voice Messages, Locations, Contacts, Document and etc.;
- Select the unwanted media and tap "Clear" option to remove them from your iPhone.