Setting a password on iPhone protects our data from illegal access or even destruction by unauthorized people. But iPhone users may want to erase their iPhones in many situations:
Whatever reason it is, this article will definitely guide you on how to erase iPhone without passcode. Here we go.
Way 1. How to Erase iPhone without Passcode with iOS Unlock (A Few Clicks)
Way 2. How to Erase iPhone without Password in One Click with Coolmuster iOS Eraser (Permanently Unrecoverable)
Way 3. How to Reset iPhone without Apple ID Password with iCloud
Way 4. How to Wipe an iPhone without Passcode via iTunes
Way 5. How to Reset iPhone without Password and Computer Using iPhone's Settings
Way 6. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password and iTunes
Way 7. How to Erase iPhone without Passcode or iCloud via DFU Mode
Erasing an unlocked iPhone is relatively simple, but is it possible to wipe a locked iPhone? To solve this, you need a professional iPhone unlock tool. iOS Unlock is the quickest way to erase iPhone without passcode and bypass the lock screen or iCloud lock on iPhone/iPad in a few clicks.
Key features of iOS Unlock:
* Unlock iPhone/iPad lock screen without passcode in a few clicks and it supports all types of lock screen - 4-digit passcode, 6-digit passcode, Touch ID and Face ID.
* Remove Apple ID/iCloud lock from iOS devices without password within seconds.
* Compatible with all generations of iPhone and iPad (iOS 14 supported), such as iPhone 12/SE (2nd generation)/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/SE (1st generation)/6S Plus/6S/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
* Safe and easy to use for everyone, and no tech knowledge required.
* It has a simple interface and instructions in each step.
How to erase iPhone without passcode or iCloud?
Note that you may lose data after erasing. If you haven't backed up important data yet, we strongly recommend you to back up locked iPhone before you continue.
1. Install iOS Unlock on your computer and connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Then launch it on your computer and select Unlock from the toolbox.
2. Choose Unlock iOS Screen and boot the iPhone into the Recovery or DFU mode by following the on-screen instructions. After that, confirm your iPhone's information or select the right information from the drop-down lists if it's wrong. Next, click Download to download the firmware for your device.
3. Once the firmware is finished downloading, tap Unlock Now on this program to start to unlock your iPhone without passcode. The unlocking process will also wipe all data on your iPhone at the same time.
Coolmuster iOS Eraser is another safe and easy way to erase iPhone. If your computer can detect your iPhone without unlocking it, it is possible for you to erase iPhone without passcode and recovery using iOS Eraser. And it offers 3 types of security levels to fulfill your diverse needs.
At first, take a brief look at its main features:
* One click to permanently erase all iPhone/iPad/iPod data without recovery, including private data, system settings, deleted files, etc.
* Support to permanently delete contacts, SMS, call logs, music, videos, photos, apps, app data, reminders, calendars, bookmarks, browsing history, voice memos, notes, iCloud & iTunes account settings, passwords, etc.
* Offer 3 security levels: Low level (erase data quickly), Medium level (erase data and overwrite with junk data), and High level (erase data and overwrite with junk data twice).
* Completely secure, read-only, simple and trustworthy.
* Widely compatible with all iPhones/iPads/iPods.
Note: Please make sure to connect your iPhone to a trusted computer. Otherwise the iOS Eraser is unable to detect the locked iPhone.
As this program will completely and permanently erase your iPhone, we strongly recommend you back up important data on iPhone without passcode fisrt.
Here are the 3 simple steps:
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Eraser on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer using a USB cable. If you have unlocked your device or trusted this computer before, the program will start to recognize your device instantly. Next, click Continue on this program to move on.
3. When this program detects your device successfully, you might see the main interface as below. Click Erase button from the main interface > Tap the menu beside Security Level and choose a security level > Hit OK > Type delete into the blank to confirm > Click Erase button > Select OK when it asks you to start the erasing process.
When the erasing process is over, your iPhone will reboot automatically. Click Try Again on this program to reconnect your iPhone. Then if you select the Medium or High level, the program will continue to overwrite your phone data immediately.
If you have previously enabled Find My iPhone on your iPhone, you can use the iCloud to erase iPhone without passcode. And this method works especially well for locked iDevices. However, you must remember the Apple ID which is used on the iPhone that you want to erase.
Well, how do you wipe an iPhone without the passcode using iCloud?
1. Go to iCloud.com from a web browser on your computer or other devices and sign in to the website with the same Apple ID that you use on the iPhone you want to erase. Alternatively, you can also erase iPhone from Find My iPhone app on other devices.
2. Click on Find My iPhone > All Devices > Select the iPhone you want to wipe.
3. Tap Erase iPhone and enter the Apple ID's password to start the erasing process.
Well, you may find that this way still requires the password to sign in on other devices. If you want to erase iPhone without inputting any password, you can select other ways.
iTunes is the most ideal way to erase iPhone without password. It is Apple's official way to back up and manage iPhone, and it can be used to restore iPhone to its default settings. You can take the assistance of iTunes to wipe your iPhone without the passcode.
1. Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to it with a USB cable.
2. If you have trusted this computer on your iPhone before, you will see your iPhone under Devices. Then click the iPhone icon on the top left panel and then Summary from the left sidebar.
3. Click Restore iPhone from the right window and follow the instructions to wipe iPhone without passcode.
Tips: This method only works when you have synced data with iTunes and trusted this computer on your iPhone before. Otherwise, it will pop up the window Trust This Computer on your locked iPhone. Then you need to input to password to unlock your iPhone and trust the computer.
This way works only if you can access your iPhone.
Follow the steps below to reset your iPhone without passcode and computer:
1. On your iPhone, open Settings > Find General > Reset.
2. Tap Erase All Content and Settings and hit Erase Now.
3. Wait until the erasing process is over. Then the classic welcome screen will appear. You can set up your iPhone as a brand new one and restore data from iCloud backup if there is one.
Optionally, you can also factory reset iPhone without passcode or iTunes no matter your iPhone is accessible or disabled.
But how do you wipe an iPhone without the password via factory settings? The operation may be slightly different on different iPhone models.
The following guidance is for your reference.
On iPhone 8 or later versions:
1. Make sure that your iPhone is disconnected from your computer.
2. Power off your iPhone. Press and hold the Side button and either one of Volume buttons until the Slide to Power off screen appears. Then drag the Slider to turn off your iPhone.
3. Connect your iPhone to computer while holding the Side buttons. Keep holding the Side button until you see the Recovery mode screen.
On iPhone 7/7 Plus:
1. Keep your iPhone disconnected from your computer.
2. Power off your iPhone. Press and hold the Side button until the Slider appears, then drag the Slider to turn it off.
3. Connect your iPhone to computer while holding the Volume down button. Keep holding the Volume down button until iPhone enters into the Recovery mode.
On iPhone SE (1st generation), 6s and earlier versions:
1. Disconnect iPhone from computer.
2. Press and hold the Side button until the Slider appears. Drag the Slider to turn off your device.
3. Connect your iPhone to computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding until the Recovery mode screen comes.
Finally, iDevice itself provides 2 ways to reset your iPhone without passcode - Recovery and DFU mode. With DFU mode, you are able to reset your iPhone to any iOS version.
How to reset your iPhone when you forgot your password through DFU mode?
1. Connect iPhone to computer and launch iTunes if it does not open automatically.
2. Press relevant buttons to force it into DFU mode. The buttons vary on different device models. Usually, you need to use the Side button and Volume buttons to boot into DFU mode, which shows a quite different dark screen from Recovery mode.
3. Download iOS firmware from ipsw.me to your computer and use iTunes to install this firmware to your iPhone. After installation, exit the DFU mode on your iPhone and you will get a new system on iPhone.
For whatever reason, if you are wondering how to erase iPhone without passcode, I remind you to back up important iPhone data first if necessary. Then you can use iOS Unlock to unlock and erase locked iPhone without passcode or Coolmuster iOS Eraser to wipe the phone data if your iPhone is unaccessible. Both ways are highly secure, easy to use, compatible with iOS 14 and fast. You can follow the guidance in this article to wipe iPhone without password.
In rare cases, problems will occur on these programs. But if you run into difficulties when connecting or erasing, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below.