Do you get a second-hand iPhone 12/11 without knowing the previous owner's Apple ID password? Apple ID password protects the device information from unauthorized access. Meanwhile, it also causes inconvenience to others when selling out. Luckily, you find this article, which tells you how to reset your iPhone without an Apple ID password in three reliable solutions.
Part 1. Can You Wipe iPhone without Apple ID or Password?
Part 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID Password via iOS Unlock
Part 3. How to Reset iPhone without Passcode and Apple ID with iTunes in Recovery Mode
Part 4. How to Erase iPhone with Apple ID and Password from Settings
Bonus Tips to Know
Yes. There are many ways to erase iPhone without an Apple ID password. For example, you can put your iPhone into Recovery mode and restore it through iTunes, recovery mode, and the Settings app, but the premise is that you have turned off the Find My iPhone feature. What if Find My iPhone is activated? In this case, you can unlock your iPhone first using the iOS Unlock software mentioned in Part 2.
Looking for a one-click way to wipe iPhone without an Apple ID password when the Find My iPhone is on? The iOS Screen Unlock software comes on the top of our recommendation list today. With support to all types of locks on iPhone, such as face ID, Touch ID, and passcode, it can easily unlock an iPhone without your Apple ID in a few clicks. Once you unlock your iPhone, you can reset it without any password.
The highlights of this iPhone Screen Unlock program:
* Swiftly work out those locked iOS devices with 4/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, screen-time passcode, and Face ID.
* Support various iOS devices types, like iPhone 14/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro/12/11 Pro/11/XS/XR/X, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, etc.
* Compatible with iOS 9.0 and higher.
* Remove or bypass MDM without losing data.
How to fast unlock your iPhone without your Apple ID before resetting it?
1. Launch the program after installation and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable. Then click Screen Unlock and Unlock iOS Screen.
2. Choose Unlock iOS Screen, and the program will detect your device automatically. If asked, tap Trust on your iPhone to trust this computer. Once connected, you will see the main interface below.
3. Click Unlock Now > enter 000000 > Unlock to start the unlocking process.
After unlocking, you can now access and reset your iPhone without your Apple ID.
If you disable Find My iPhone on your iPhone, you can reset your iPhone without passcode and Apple ID by booting your device into Recovery mode. Before starting the process, ensure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
How to fully reset iPhone without Apple ID?
1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Get your iPhone into Recovery mode.
iPhone 8 or higher:
iPhone 7/7 Plus:
iPhone 6 or lower:
3. Restore the iPhone in Recovery mode.
Locate your iPhone in the iTunes window. When it asks you to Update or Restore iPhone, choose Restore. Then follow the on-screen instructions to erase all content and settings without Apple ID.
Want to permanently erase all content and settings from your iOS device? You can follow this guide.
Why does an iPhone prepare to restore forever? Don't worry. You can solve this problem fast.
This way works if you can access your iPhone normally and the Find My iPhone feature is disabled. Now, check the following steps to reset your iPhone with the Apple ID password.
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Click Erase iPhone > tap Erase iPhone to confirm and enter your iPhone passcode.
3. If needed, enter your Apple ID and password to switch off the Activation Lock and delete the device from Find My iPhone.
Check if you need: Although your iPhone is broken, you can get your SMS off the damaged iPhone without trouble.
You may also want to find answers to the following questions. Let's have a look.
1. How to get rid of someone else's Apple ID on my iPhone?
What if you get a second-hand iPhone with the previous owner's Apple ID? How to delete iPhone without Apple ID password? In that case, you will need iPhone Unlock to remove the Apple ID or Activation lock without the previous owner.
2. Why am I asked to reset my Apple ID password?
When your iPhone runs an outdated iOS version, it may keep prompting you to reset your Apple ID password. If you don't want to receive it again, you can open Settings > General > Software Update and check for any new updates. If a newer version is available, click Download and install to upgrade the software version.
3. How to reset your Apple ID password if you forget it?
1. Find your Apple ID.
On your iPhone: Open Settings > tap your name. Or, navigate to Settings > tap your name > iTunes & App Stores.
On icloud.com: Open icloud.com from a web browser > tap Forgot Apple ID or password > click Look it up. Next, provide your first name, last name, and email address before tapping Continue. If the information matches, it will show you the Apple ID.
2. Reset your Apple ID password.
If you find back your Apple ID via the above tips but still cannot remember the password. You can select one way below to reset your Apple ID password.
A. Two-step verification.
If you have set up the two-step verification before for your Apple ID, you can try getting it back using the Recovery Key.
B. Two-factor authentication.
Suppose you have enabled the two-factor authentication for your Apple ID previously. In that case, you can reset the Apple ID password on any trusted device.
C. Security questions.
Also, you can get an email to reset your Apple ID password if you set up security questions for your account beforehand. For more details, follow the on-screen instructions to move on.
Now you know how to reset your iPhone without an Apple ID password. If you want to erase all content and settings during resetting as you have enabled Find My iPhone on the locked iPhone, you can use iOS Screen Unlock in advance. It's simple, fast, and 100% clean to use. Besides, it is extremely user-friendly for easily removing the iPhone lock, so you can surely reset your iPhone without a password.
If you run into trouble during use, don't hesitate to let us know in the comments.