iCloud to Samsung: Transfer Contacts, SMS, Calendar to S9/S8
It is possible but certainly not that easy when you want to access iCloud and transfer files from iCloud to an Android device, such as Samsung Galaxy s9, S8, or S7. Android is not at all compatible with iCloud and you cannot do a direct transfer. There are some complicated processes which link few apps like iCloud calendar with Google calendar, but many times the syncing fails. You also have to work with each data category and then do a trial and error process without having a reliable outcome. We will be looking into 3 different methods to help you transfer files from iCloud backup to Samsung S9/S8.
Well, it is better to use a professional solution that is meant to transfer iOS files to Android, which is a precondition for the possibility of transferring iCloud to Samsung device. This article offers tips about moving contacts, text messages, calendar, etc. from iCloud to Samsung by using Phone Transfer. It is specially designed to transfer data from one phone to another phone, an even transfer files from iCloud to phone. Let's take a look at its main features together:
What iCloud to Samsung Transfer tool can do for you:
- Transfer photos, videos, music, contacts, SMS, calendar, call logs and more between iOS and Android devices.
- Backup and restore data on your phone to computer with 1 click.
- Be compatible with Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, HUAWEI, Motorola, ZTE, Nokia and more smartphones and tablets.
- Supports to transfer iCloud to phone, iTunes to phone and OneDrive to phone.
- Easy-to-use. Takes only a few minutes to finish the transfer process.
Follow the steps in the below to perform the iCloud to Samsung transfer, by using the iCloud to Samsung Transfer program.
How to Transfer Contacts/SMS/Calendar from iCloud Backup to S9/S8?
Step 1. Download the iCloud to Samsung Transfer tool from the buttons above and install it on your computer. Launch it directly and select "Restore from Backups" option on program window. Choose "iCloud backup" and sign into iCloud with your account.
Step 2. Connect your Samsung device to the computer with a USB cables. The software will detect the connected Samsung device and display it, as well as the iCloud backup, on both sides of the interface.
Step 3. All your iCloud data will be scanned out and displayed in categories in the middle. Tick off the file categories you want to transfer to the Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7 and click the "Start Transfer" button.
That is all that you need to do.
Most people think iOS and Android are incompatible, so it is impossible to transfer files from iCloud to Samsung S9 directly. Well, actually there is a manual way to transfer contacts from iCloud to Samsung S9 directly without help from other tools.
1. Go to iCloud.com on your computer and login with your iCloud account to access all your iCloud contacts.
2. After you log in successfully, you can go to the top menu of the interface to click on the options of "Contacts" > "All Contacts".
3. Then, all contacts in iCloud backup will be displayed. Just use Ctrl+A on Windows PC or Command+A on Mac to select them all. After that, you can click on Settings (the Gear icon) > "Export vCard". Then, all the selected contacts will be saved as .vcf file on your computer.
4. Connect your Samsung S9 to the computer using a USB cable and then you can transfer the VCF file to your Samsung S9.
Note: If you don't want to do them on your computer, you can also go to iCloud site on the web browser of your S9, download the contacts from the iCloud to the phone as a .vcf file, and then open the file to transfer it to your S9.
If you are Samsung fan, you must be heart of Smart Switch, which is introduced by Samsung company and ensure the easy transition of data between two Samsung devices. Here, we will tell you another function of Smart Switch - Reading and transferring media files, contacts, messages, calendars, alarms and events from iCloud backup to Samsung S9.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Samsung S9 and go to search box to search for Smart Switch. Download and install it on your S9.
2. Launch Smart Switch on the phone and choose Wireless > Receive > iOS. Then, login to your iCloud account.
3. After login successfully, you can preview and select the iCloud backup file you want to restore to your S9. After the file selection, you can click on Import button to start importing the selected files from iCloud to Samsung S9.
After learning all the methods stated above, we can see the Phone Transfer in part 1 is the most effective and easy way to transfer iCloud backup to Samsung Galaxy S9/S8 since it is compatible with the most device brands without data loss. Therefore, download Phone Transfer to enjoy a complete and simple data transfer journey.