So you've switched from an iPhone to a Samsung device but are baffled by the file transfer from iCloud to a Samsung phone? Since iCloud is a proprietary storage feature on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may feel at a loss about how to transfer data from iCloud to Samsung.
There's no need to worry about that. We have worked out four effective workarounds for the problem in this tutorial. Just continue reading the following content and follow suit if you need to download from iCloud to Samsung.
Part 1. How to Restore iCloud Backup on Samsung in One Click via iCloud to Samsung Transfer
Part 2. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Note 20 via Samsung Smart Switch
Part 3. How to Download from iCloud to Samsung Manually
Part 4. How to Transfer iCloud Photos to Samsung via Google Photos
Bonus Tips to iCloud to Samsung Phone Transfer
The easiest way to transfer data from iCloud to Samsung phone is using iCloud to Samsung Transfer. It allows you to export wanted files from iCloud to Samsung selectively. Besides, it also lets you preview all the iCloud content before copying them to your Samsung phone.
The highlights of iCloud to Samsung Transfer:
* One-click to restore iCloud/iTunes backup to a Samsung phone.
* Selectively back up Android data to a computer.
* Preview all the iCloud/iTunes backup files as you want.
* Support more than 8,000 Android devices with Android 11 and below, such as Samsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S21+/S21 Ultra/S20/S20+/S20 Ultra/S20 FE/Galaxy Z Flip4/Z Folder4/Z Folder3/Z Flip/Z Flip Thom Browne/S10+/S10/S10e/S10 Lite/S9+/S9/S8+/S8, etc.
How to get photos from iCloud to Samsung in one click?
1. Install and open the iCloud to Samsung Transfer on your computer and choose the Phone Backup module on the interface. Next, connect your Samsung phone to the computer via a USB cable and tap the Restore button on the program.
2. Select the Restore from iCloud Backup mode on the left sidebar and sign in to your iCloud account with the same Apple ID and password you use to back up the iDevice data.
Note: If you have enabled the two-factor authentication for your iCloud account, you will receive a verification code on your iPhone. Then you will need to input the verification code on the screen and tap Verify to verify your account.
3. Tap the Download button next to the iCloud backup file you want to restore. When it displays all data from the downloaded iCloud backup file, pick Photos on the left window.
Then, preview all the images and tick off the items you wish to restore. Finally, hit the Restore to Device button to get them onto your Samsung device.
You may like:
Samsung Smart Switch is Samsung's way to transfer data from iCloud to Samsung. However, it only allows you to sync certain iCloud files backed up in iOS 9, such as photos, calendars, contacts, and videos.
How to transfer contacts from iCloud to Samsung using Smart Switch?
1. Install Smart Switch from Google Play Store if it doesn't come pre-installed on your Samsung phone. Once installed, run the app, click Wireless > Receive and mark the old device as iOS.
2. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password. Later, choose the content you want to transfer from iCloud and press the Import button.
3. Wait until the importing process is complete.
Apart from the above methods, you can also manually download files from iCloud to Samsung. Let's see how it works.
1. Visit icloud.com from a computer browser and enter the same Apple ID and password to sign in.
2. Tap the Contacts tab on the launch pad and choose the desired contacts to transfer or click the gear icon at the lower-left corner followed by the Select All button.
3. Click the gear icon again > Export vCard to save those contacts to your computer in .vcf format.
4. Plug your Samsung phone into the computer via a USB cable and copy & paste the .vcf file to your Samsung phone. After that, find the .vcf file on your Samsung and tap Import when prompted. After that, the iCloud contacts will be added to Samsung's Contacts app.
Read also: You can utilize these tools to transfer data from Android to iPhone breezily.
If you only move iCloud photos or videos to your Samsung phone, you can try Google Photos, which keeps photos and videos in high-definition quality. This process comprises two parts. First, you need to save the iCloud photos and videos to Google Photos. Then, you can download them to your Samsung phone from the Google Photos app.
How do I transfer photos from iCloud to Samsung via Google Photos?
1. Open privacy.apple.com from a web browser and enter your Apple ID and password.
2. Tap the Request to transfer a copy of your data option under the Manage your data section > Select a destination > Google Photos > check Photos and Videos below.
3. Ensure that there is enough storage space in your Google account before tapping the Continue button. Then, pick the Google account you wish to transfer your iCloud content to and click Allow on the popup window.
4. Confirm the Apple Data and Privacy terms and hit the Allow button again. Afterward, review your choices one more time and tap the Confirm Transfers button.
5. Download the Google Photos app from Google Play Store on your Samsung phone and sign in with the same Google account you used to keep the iCloud content. Next, find and download the wanted photos or videos to your Samsung phone.
Below are some useful tips to make the iCloud to Samsung transfer smoother.
Now that you know how to transfer data from iCloud to Samsung, select one way to help yourself out. If you prefer a user-friendly and smart way, try iCloud to Samsung Transfer. This tool surpasses others in that it supports previewing all kinds of iCloud data before syncing and makes the process much easier for you.
Feel free to give it a try. If you have anything to let us know, please leave a comment below.