"Hey guys, I'm looking for software that can splice together clips and audio and export to a YouTube supported format. I'm looking for the best free software out there. I'm running on Windows 10, which means they got rid of Movie Maker. Do you guys have any suggestions?
I've tried Davinci Resolve, but it would never export correctly. I like Filmora, but the watermark is more than enough to turn me away. Let me know what you guys think!"
- Excerpted from YTtalk
Share Vlogs on social media is a trend currently. Consequently, owning the best Vlog editing software has become the key to make your videos go viral on the Internet. What editing software do Vloggers use? And which is the best editing software for Vlogging? You will find the ideal one among the eleven Vlogging editing software.
#1 The Best Vlog Editing Software – Video Editor
#3 Adobe Premiere Pro
#4 DaVinci Resolve
#6 Final Cut Pro X
#9 CyberLink PowerDirector
#10 Pinnacle Studio
#11 Windows Movie Maker
Bonus: FAQs about Vlog Editing Software
Among all the video editing software for Vlogging, I will discuss today, Video Editor is the best Vlog editing software. Believe it or not, it provides an all-in-one solution to edit, convert, and compress the videos/audio files in 1,000 formats, like H.265/HEVC, MP4, MOV, WMA, Xvid, etc.
What's more, you can add 3D effects to your videos, create professional split-screen videos, and add multi-audio tracks.
Below are the highlights of Video Editor:
* Add and adjust the subtitles, add single audio or multi-audio tracks, and sync the subtitle with the film via the built-in Delay feature.
* The 3D Maker tool allows you to add 3D effects to your videos.
* Select the high-quality output formats as you want and it supports anaglyph/split-screen/depth options, and switch left-right option.
* Create split-screen video effects, add reactions to YouTube videos, and support various split-screen layouts, filters, etc.
* One-click to apply the stunning filters to your video and adjust the basic effects, including contrast, saturation, hue, and brightness.
* Batch convert any video from 4K to 1080p, HD, 5K, and up to 8K in one click.
* Support up to 1,000 encoding formats, such as H.265/HEVC, H.264, VP8, VP9, Xvid, MP4, MP3, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLAC, MOV, etc.
* World's-leading Blu-hyper CPU video decoding technology.
* Deliver the best image quality before posting your videos.
* Offer MV feature for users with higher demands in time and skills.
* A well-high perfect Vlog editing software to fulfill all kinds of demands.
* Professional-level video editing software suitable for both Vlog beginners and professionals.
* Widely compatible with all video formats and enhancing effects.
* Offer various built-in filters and effects.
* Reliable, trustworthy, and secure.
* Easy to find all the features on the simple layouts.
* Provide a step-by-step tutorial for everyone.
* Non-free program.
* 1-month license charges $25.00 for 1 PC.
* Lifetime license charges $55.20 for 1 PC.
* Multi-user lifetime license charges $119.00 for 5PCs.
How to convert your video to the desired format?
1. Install and launch Video Editor on your computer. Register with the email address and the registration code you receive. Next, hit the Activate button to activate your account.
2. Click the Add Files button at the top-left corner, select Add File or Add Folders option from the drop-down list or drag the videos to the program.
3. After adding videos, you can selectively do the following things:
4. Click the format icon on the video's right side, choose a preset from the list, and adjust the profile settings. If you want to change the format settings, tap the Gear icon on the right side to customize the Video and Audio parameters.
5. Choose a path to save the converted video at the bottom and hit the Convert All button to start converting the video format.
Filmora9 is a basic video editor for Vlogs which features an intuitive and straightforward interface resembling Adobe Premiere Elements. Packed with all essential editing techniques, it allows you to select among 300 special effects, 158 filters, 51 audio samples, 191 mask elements, as well as the transformation tool.
* Add up to 100 video and audio tracks to your artwork.
* Offer a wide range of title effects, filters, transitions, audio samples, trimming options, etc.
* Drag and drop your video into the window for editing.
* Trim, crop, merge, flip, and rotate the videos quickly.
* Import video clips from Facebook and other social platforms.
* Fast processing speed and time-saving.
* Easy to use.
* Support high-quality 4K.
* The trial version automatically adds the brand watermark to all videos.
* Narrow color range.
* Not support 360-degree videos.
* The built-in effects, editing tools, and templates are free to use.
* The premium version to remove the watermark starts at US$39.99/year.
Download URL: https://download.cnet.com/Wondershare-Filmora/3000-13631_4-75324413.html
Adobe Premiere Pro is a professional video editing software for Vlogging that integrates with the latest video technology and innovation. Whether it's 4K, 3D, or 360-degree VR videos, Adobe Premiere Pro constantly guarantees videomakers to work on high-end projects.
Besides, it works with other Adobe products on Adobe Creative Cloud and allows access to Lightroom and Photoshop. If you have already been an Adobe user, Adobe Premiere Pro will be a nice choice to store all files in the cloud.
* Edit, crop, and create 3D, 4K, and 360-degree VR videos.
* Store and manage your files in Adobe Creative Cloud easily.
* Offer rich effects, seamless transitions, and great animations.
* Enhance the video projects with Hollywood-like video effects.
* Update auditions, trackless timelines, and connected clips into the software.
* Support multiple video formats and audiovisual effects.
* Automatically update itself to the latest version.
* Combine with other Adobe products.
* Real-time video previewing and editing.
* Vlog beginners will feel difficult to use.
* Work unstably occasionally.
* Rather tricky to add and edit titles and subtitles.
* The Adobe Premiere Pro single app costs $20.99 monthly.
* The Premiere CC bundle apps cost $49.94 monthly.
Download URL: https://adobe-premiere.en.softonic.com/
DaVinci Resolve is a user-friendly Vlog Editing software supplying sound mixing, special effects, and color grading on Windows, Mac, and Linux. After recording a Vlog, you will directly access it on the app by connecting your device to the computer.
* Powerful in color correction and audio function.
* Adjust the skin tones and remove the flaws from a scene.
* Other amazing features: Dynamic zoom, stabilization, retiming, HDR color grading, etc.
* Perfect color grading, sound editor, and compositor.
* Support 8K footage.
* Offer a free version.
* Limited features in the free version.
* Cannot directly upload or share to the social platforms.
* Have unexpected bugs now and then.
* Difficult to use for beginners.
* High requirements for computer configuration.
* Complex UI.
* The Pro version is $299.
Download URL: https://davinci-resolve.en.softonic.com/
Need free Vlog editing software that works on your Mac? You can try iMovie. As a pre-installed app on Mac, iMovie offers practical video editing features, including editing footage in 4K resolution, recording voices, picking customized studio logos, etc., and is very popular among YouTube Vloggers.
* Edit footage with HD & 4K resolution, record your voiceovers, apply great templates, make custom studio logo, etc.
* Add filters (green screen, picture-in-picture, and split-screen), create titles, and apply visual effects to the clips.
* Upload edited videos to your Facebook or YouTube channels directly.
* Trim, cut, crop, and rotate videos.
* Easy to operate.
* Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
* Freely edit Vlogs on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
* Free of charge.
* Limited visual & sound effects and features.
* Lack essential features included in the paid Vlog software.
* Only available on iOS devices.
Download URL: https://www.apple.com/imovie/
Over the last decades, Final Cut Pro has turned out to be one of the influential video editing software for Vlogging in the film industry. With this Apple ecosystem app, you can move the footage, correct colors, balance exposure, and visualize your creative ideas. However, it is very complicated to use and requires a lot in the Rams.
* Support 4K and 360-degree video editing.
* Burn to DVD and Blu-ray.
* Features in advanced color grading, post-production, HDR support, color correction, exposure balance, multi-cam editing, etc.
* Upload videos to Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Apple devices.
* Plug-ins available.
* Mac-based program.
* Awkward and confusing to use.
* High requirements for the computer hardware.
* $299.99 one-time payment.
Download URL: https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/
If you have high requirements for the Vlog editing software, Lightworks will be a favorite choice. It comes with a set of professional tools, making it easier for you to perfect the video masks, correct colors, and composite with the Blackmagic Fusion.
* Edit Vlogs on multiple platforms and export them up to 720p web-compatible H.264/MPEG4 file to directly upload to YouTube.
* Support various output formats and high resolutions up to 4K.
* Offer other excellent experiences: Trim videos, correct colors, apply transitions, do multi-cam editing, add visual effects, etc.
* Continue editing video clips when importing materials.
* Real-time effect.
* One-click drag and drop.
* Directly upload videos to YouTube.
* Easy to use.
* Not support 8K video processing.
* iPhone landscape videos cannot properly show up.
* Abstruse for Vlog beginners.
* Rather expensive.
* Pro version costs $24.99 per month, $174.99 per year, and $437.99 for a one-time payment.
Download URL: https://lightworks.en.softonic.com/
As another great video editor for Vlogs, Quik allows you to vlog with your iOS and Android smartphones. Using it, you can instantly edit the footage, trim the videos, and add powerful transitions or music to the video.
* Edit & trim video clips and add built-in effects/transitions/music to the video on your iOS, Android, or desktop.
* Automatically and manually process videos.
* Share 720p and 1080p HD videos to your Instagram or Facebook channels.
* Simple to use.
* Automatically edit the footage.
* Mainly customized footage corrections for GoPro videos.
* $1.99 to $49.99 per item.
Download URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gopro.smarty&hl=en_US&gl=US
The Vlog editing software CyberLink PowerDirector is an extremely user-friendly and versatile app for editing, trimming, and cropping your favorite videos. This app also enables you to create stunning movies with 4K and 360-degree VR footage in a few steps.
* Offer great effects and fast rendering.
* Support conversion videos up to 4K and 360-degree VR footage.
* Add tiles and overlays to the video easily.
* Create quick and short videos.
* User-friendly UI.
* Fix the shaky videos.
* Easily share videos to YouTube.
* Only work with Mac and other iOS devices.
* Difficult to use for beginners.
* US$299.99 one-time fee.
Download URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberlink.powerdirector.DRA140225_01&hl=en_US&gl=US
You can also choose Pinnacle Studio. This Vlog software furnishes all the other Vlog editing software features, including 360-degree VR videos, 4K support, multi-cam editing, motion tracking, etc. Of course, that will cost more.
* Speedy rendering speed for video editing.
* Include all the video editing features of other similar apps.
* Rapid to use.
* 360-degree and 4K resolution only work for Studio.
Download URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitnessmobileapps.pinnaclewellness&hl=en_US&gl=US
Windows Movie Maker is a free Vlog editing software on Windows PC. In the past, it has been come with the Windows operating system for over 20 years. Although it is now unavailable to download, Windows 7 users can still use it on their PC. The best part of the software is it allows you to drag and drop the videos. Moreover, it also offers classic video editing features, like trimming, rotating, splitting, and merging videos.
* Edit, trim, merge, and rotate videos.
* Add tracks, filters, and themes to the video.
* Drag and drop the video into the software.
* Free and safe.
* Store and upload videos to Flicker, Facebook, Vimeo, and OneDrive.
* It crashes and freezes frequently.
* Not suitable for professional Vlog editing.
If you have queries about the following questions, you can check the following contents.
There are tons of Vlog editing software in the application market, and most people choose the one that fits them most. For example, beginners who prefer the free and simple Video editors may choose iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, etc. Advanced users may go for powerful Vlog software like Filmora9, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, etc., for professional video editing.
Of course. Most smartphones nowadays are equipped with larger compacity and higher quality cameras. Therefore, you can shoot amazing videos with the built-in camera or third-party camera apps and edit the Vlog with the phone-end Vlog editing software we mentioned above, like iMovie, etc.
There are many Vlog editing software working on different platforms, and it is hard to say which one is the best. If you want to edit Vlogs on an Android phone, you can choose Quik. If you wish to edit Vlogs on an iOS device, you can select iMovie, free to use. For Vloggers who want to edit Vlogs on Windows and Mac, you can pick Video Editor for the wonderful effects and experience.
That's all for the top eleven Vlog software. In my opinion, the best Vlog editing software is Video Editor. As you can see, it includes all the necessary video editing features and is simple and user-friendly to use. If you choose other programs, you will find them difficult to use for beginners.
So, you can give Video Editor a try. We will also offer technical support to you if you encounter any problems during use.