Do you usually share videos with your pals or upload screencasting videos on social media platforms like YouTube? If so, you know how challenging it can be. You are either struggling to input the video URL or need to make a screen recording first, then edit it. Now you can use an MP4 Screen Recorder.
The MP4 video recorder can satisfy all your needs in a simple way. If you have no idea which software to use, then we're here to help. We'll introduce the 10 best MP4 recorders for Windows and Mac.
This is undoubtedly the best MP4 screen recorder for Windows and Mac. This MP4 screen recorder has been around for a long time and is still worth using. The program has been tried and tested and has proved to be effective. It helps fixing sound problems when recording, and supports the recording of microphone voice and internal sound.
* Seamlessly record videos on Windows and Mac computers with real-time HD video recording technology.
* Save videos in multiple formats, including MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI, GIF, etc.
* Allow you to customize the screen size.
* Support you in enabling microphone audio and switch off the system audio.
* Record and save MP4 videos without a hitch.
* Easily take snapshots of an Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac screen.
* No watermark will be added to your videos or images.
* Offer you a High-quality recording.
* Its trial version is limited to 3 minutes without the editing features.
See more: Searching for the powerful Vlog editing software? You can get a list of 11 options from this article.
Camtasia is a quality screencasting software that makes screen recording super simple. It is a powerful software that gives you different options to customize your recording. The application comes with an intuitive user interface that is easy to understand and use, even for those at the most entry-level level.
This screen recording software is effective, enabling you to create videos that look professional and polished. The videos are also high-quality due to the encoding capabilities of this software. It works on Windows PCs and Macs, which makes it compatible with most devices available on the market.
* The time for video length is unlimited.
* Google Drive is integrated.
* Cannot support live recordings from a digital video camera.
* Less advanced video recording features.
Guess you need: Want a useful tool to edit MOV files? Here are 10 editors for your reference.
Many people are familiar with VLC Media Player, an open-source media player. The major task of the VLC media player is to play audio CDs, VCD, and other multimedia files. The best part is that this tool can run on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and many more. The good news is that the VLC media player can be used to record the screen.
This screen recorder software is well-formatted for your convenience. It has a series of features that will be handy for your screen recording.
* Free and open source tool.
* Operate on different platforms.
* Provide options for video and audio downloads
* Play multimedia files, like DVDs, VCDs, and audio CDs.
* Enable you to preview the output.
* No video editing capability.
Learn more: Want to edit your game videos effortlessly? Then you can use these video editors.
Bandicam is a screen recording software that users from all over the world have tweaked. It has interesting features like supporting high-quality recording, a large file size, and amazing video editing capabilities.
The software also has an intuitive user interface that makes it suitable for entry-level users and experienced ones alike. This screen recording tool is one of a kind as it supports game recording without affecting the game's performance.
* Easier to record gameplay.
* Support multiple platforms, such as smartphones, Webcam, IPTV, and more.
* Have good sound and recording quality.
* Users report some lag spikes during recording.
Tips: Want an MP4 video editor with multiple editing features? Check the pros and cons of these tools before making a decision.
This is another best free online screen recorder program with amazing features. This screen recording software is available for both Windows and Mac users. The good news is this program comes with a comprehensive guide to help you start recording on your computer, even if you are a beginner. With this screen recorder software, you can record videos from all your devices and edit them easily once the video has been created.
* Record screen online and allow you to save videos to a local disk.
* Support full image and real-time editing.
* Enable you to upload your MP4 screen videos to cloud platforms.
* Sometimes, it crashes on Mac.
You might need: These methods will help you move your large videos from an iPhone to a PC without losing quality.
Open Broadcast Software is a screen recording tool that can be used to record videos from a screen, webcam, or audio from a PC. Also, it integrates with many video editing tools. This means that the entire video can be perfectly fine-tuned and edited once the video has been recorded. It's available for both Windows and Mac.
* It is an open source for video recording.
* Easily customizable.
* Easier to use overlays and the on-screen elements.
* Attractive layout with simple and intuitive navigation.
* No option of customizing color schemes.
Maybe you need: Are you a GoPro lover? If yes, you might need a multi-purpose GoPro editing program.
Snagit is one of the remarkably commendable MP4 video recorders. The main task of this software is to capture the screen, and it does it in a way that makes it suitable for both beginners and experienced users. This screen recording software comes with an intuitive interface that makes it friendly for use by novice users. Moreover, you can customize the recording by cropping, scaling, flipping, or rotating the image.
Simple and convenient to capture a screen and camera.
* Help you share your videos on other platforms.
* Trim videos directly, and offer you templates.
* It's unable to extract text from the screenshot images.
It's a great screen capturing application with a series of features that make it one of the most sought-after screen recording software. What's amazing about ATOMI is that it's very fast and efficient, enabling you to record videos quickly without lags or slowdowns.
You can also use this software to record audio from a microphone and edit it after the recording. The interface of this screen recording software is pretty user-friendly, so you can easily customize it as per your taste and requirements.
* Easily configures hotkeys.
* Capture your desired screen with crystal-clear quality.
* Modify your videos easily.
* Reported to have lagging issues.
If you record screens on your Windows or Mac computer often, this software will prove to be an ideal solution for you. The best part about this application is that it supports all modern desktop computers and laptops.
* Capture screen videos without effort.
* Allow you to add your logo to your videos.
* Record audio with high quality.
* Help you copy and share your videos and screenshots via Skype.
* Limited features in its free version.
This is an MP4 video recorder you can launch from the browser directly, supporting all modern operating systems. It's a small tool that makes things simple for its users. The software also has a special feature where you can record audio from your webcam and edit the video afterward. This will enable you to record any screen activity easily, whether showing live video or recording a system beep sound.
* You can edit the audio track.
* No time limit while recording.
* Removed watermark in the paid version.
* You can only record for 15 minutes in the free version.
* You can't remove the watermark in the free version.
Do you want to record the screen in MP4 format but don't know how to go about it? It's very easy provided you use good software like the Aiseesoft MP4 recording software. Here is how to record the screen in MP4 format using this software:
Step 1: Launch the Program on the Computer
Download, install then launch the screen recorder on the computer. Register with the email address and code you get.
Step 2: Select the Video Recorder Option
Please tap the Video Recorder tab, and select screen size. Then pick an audio source you want, like System Sound or Microphone.
Step 3: Start to Record Your Screen Video
Click the REC icon to start recording your screen, and you can edit your video, add texts, and more. After completing the recording, please click the Stop button to preview your video. Then tap Save to save it as an MP4 file to your computer.
1. What is an MP4 format video?
MP4 is MPEG-4 video file format that's typically used to stream and download videos used on the internet.
2. What's the best MP4 screen recorder?
The recorder that can capture the screen with high quality and has practical features for video editing is the best MP4 screen recorder. Besides, there is no standard for the best. As long as the tool can meet your requirements, it is the best for you.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you to know the best MP4 screen recorder you can use on Mac and Windows. All the software is great and comes with plenty of features. Plus, Aiseesoft Screen Recorder is one of the most sought-after MP4 recorders, for it has an easy interface, and allows you to edit your video during the recording. It's a great tool you can use, whether you are new or experienced.