What to do if you accidentally delete some important photos stored on your Android phone? If you have created a backup before, you can simply restore the photos from the backup files to your phone. But data loss often happens out of sudden, it can be caused by wrong operations, factory reset or physical damage, etc. What if there's no backup for your deleted photos? Don't be panic, the best photo recovery app for Android in this post can help you recover deleted photos from the internal storage and SD card of your device.
Top #1. Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
Top #2. DiskDigger
Top #3. Dumpster
Top #4. DigDeep
Top #5. Deleted Photo Recovery
Top #6. Restore Image (Super Easy)
Top #7. Undeleter
Top #8. Find My Photo
Top #9. Photo Recovery
Top #10. Recycle Master
Here are the 10 best photo recovery apps for Android:
Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is the best photo recovery app for Android that can help you recover deleted photos from the internal and external card of your Android phone. It can also effectively recover other deleted files from Android including deleted text messages, contacts, call history, documents and many more.
Key features of Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android:
* Recover multiple files, including deleted photos, SMS, contacts, call history, documents, videos, music.
* Preview before recovery. You can select "Only display the deleted item(s)" to preview the deleted files before recovery, and then selectively recover the files as you want.
* High recovery rate. With deep scanning and advanced recovery technology, your deleted files can be recovered to the highest degree.
* Easy to Use. With this best photo recovery app, you can recover deleted photos with three steps: connect > scan > recover.
* Wide compatibility. Works well on almost all Android phone including Samsung, Huawei, Google, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, ZTE, Xiaomi, etc. Supports Android OS from Android 4.0 to 10.0 (or up).
- Recover files from the internal card or SD card.
- Cover a wide range of file types.
- Works well with most Android phones.
- Need to get the Pro version to unlock all the features.
Now free download this photo recovery software for Android on your PC/Mac:
Tips: Want to recover deleted photos from a broken Android phone? Click here to learn How to Get Pictures Off a Broken Phone.
How to use Android photo recovery app to recover deleted photos:
>> Recover deleted photos from internal memory
Step 1: Download and open Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android on your PC, then connect your Android phone to PC with a USB cable. Follow the on-screen instructions to get your phone detected by the software. Once done, you will see the main interface as below, then click "Next".
Step 2: Select "Quick Scan" or "Deep Scan" and click "Continue". Note that to scan out all the files, you will be required to root your phone.
Step 3: Select "Photos" and you will see the existing and deleted photos on your phone. You can preview and choose the deleted photos you need to recover on your Android phone, click "Recover" to retrieve deleted photos from Android.
>> Recover deleted photos from SD card:
Step 1: After connection, go to the "SD Card Recovery" mode. Plug your SD card into computer with an SD reader. Click "Next" to continue.
Step 2: Select your inserted SD card and click "Next" to start the scanning.
Step 3: Click "Photos" and select the photos you want to recover from the Android SD card, then click the "Recover" button.
You may also like:
DiskDigger is an effective photo recovery app for Android which can undelete and recover deleted photos and images from your Android phone. You can use this app to restore deleted photos to your phone or upload them to Google Drive or Dropbox.
Rating from Google Play: 4 stars
* It allows you to retrieve deleted photos without rooting device (only scan the cache and thumbnails).
* You can recover more photos as well as videos from Android device by rooting the device.
* Provides a "Wipe free space" feature for you to permanently delete any items.
* Options to directly store your recovered photos to cloud service or send them via email.
- Free to recover deleted photos.
- Offers a "Basic scan" mode which doesn't require rooting your Android device.
- No ads & easy to use.
- Need to get the pro version to recover other file types.
Download DiskDigger from here >>
Perhaps you need: Is the Coolmuster Android Assistant program free to use? If not, is there a coupon to purchase a license? All you want is in this article.
Dumpster is more like a recycle bin on your Android device, this means, after installing this app on your phone, it will automatically store the deleted files and you can restore the lost photos from this app quickly and easily. It also supports videos, apps, and other files.
Rating from Google Play: 4.3 stars
* Automatically back up your deleted data including photos, videos & files after installing the app.
* Retrieve deleted photos, apps, other files quickly and easily.
* Pro version offers a cloud backup that can store all the deleted data on your Android phone.
- Safely keep your deleted files after installing this app.
- Can't not effectively recover photos and files deleted prior to installing the app.
Download Dumpster from here >>
DigDeep Image Recovery is one of the best Android photo recovery apps which allows you to recover deleted photos from internal storage and SD card easily. It supports image formats including jpg, jpeg, png. This photo recovery app for Android has a simple interface and it is easy to use.
Rating from Google Play: 4.3 stars
* Scan out deleted photos from internal & external memory cards.
* Brings back lost photos quickly without rooting your Android phone.
* Recoverable photos will be stored in different folders.
- Simple UI design.
- No need to root your Android device.
- Some photos may not be recovered with the original quality.
- Can not recover other types of data.
Download DigDeep from here >>
Deleted Photos Recovery can help you retrieve deleted photos in a fast way. This app is very easy to use and doesn't require you to root your device.
Rating from Google Play: 4.2 stars
* Retrieve deleted photos from the internal card and SD card.
* Support photos types: jpg, jpeg, png.
* Easy to locate the photos you want to recover after scanning.
- Fast performance.
- No root required.
- Can't scan out all the deleted photos.
- Contains ads.
Download Deleted Photo Recovery from here >>
If you have deleted your photos by mistake, you can use this app to recover deleted photos with ease. This useful app supports various types of image formats. And the steps for photo recovery are easy: after scanning, simply select your folder, find the images and tap the start button.
Rating from Google Play: 4.0 stars
* The recovery process is super easy.
* The ability to restore deleted photos from the device & SD card.
* No need to root your Android phone.
- You can use all the functions in this app for free.
- It takes a long time to scan files.
- Doesn't work well on some Android brands.
Download Restore Image from here >>
Undeleter is a useful photo recovery app for Android which lets you recover deleted photos and images from the internal card and SD card. This program can also retrieve other files like SMS, call logs, etc.
Rating from Google Play: 3.7 stars
* The ability to recover multiple files including photos, videos, music, documents and more.
* Preview files before recovery.
- Clear interface.
- Supports multiple file types.
- Contains ads.
Download Undeleter from here >>
Find My Photo is a great photo recovery app for Android which can perform a deep scan for your Android devices. It can recover your deleted photos as many as possible from the external and internal storage of your phone.
Rating from Google Play: 3.9 stars
* Recover deleted photos including those from WhatsApp chat history.
* This app supports various types of photos and videos.
* Perform a deep scanning that can find photos that deleted a long time ago.
- Fast recovery process.
- Very simple to use.
- This app is 100% free.
- Recovered photos may not be in their original quality.
- Contains ads.
Download Find My Photo from here >>
As its name indicates, the is an app that focuses on recovering deleted, lost or hidden pictures on your Android device. And it allows you to transfer and upload files.
Rating from Google Play: 3.3 stars
* Provides 2 different recovery algorithms.
* No root required.
* Preview your recovered photos easily.
- It is free to use.
- It will duplicate folder of photos.
- Unstable performance, this app will crash sometimes.
Download Photo Recovery from here >>
This app works as a recycle bin on your Android phone. You can share files like photos, videos, audios, documents and many more to Recycle Master before deleting them. This app keeps your deleted files safely and allows you to restore them anytime you want.
Rating from Google Play: 3.3 stars
* Share files to the Recycle Master before deleting and they will be stored securely, you can restore them instantly from the app.
* Possible to recover lost files that have already been deleted before installing this app.
* You can add a password to this app, keeping the deleted files safe.
- It's helpful to control the files you delete.
- Works for a wide range of file types.
- It is inconvenient that it can not just backup the deleted files automatically.
- The free version doesn't provide all the useful features.
Download Recycle Master from here >>
That's all for the top 10 Android photo recovery apps. Among these apps, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is the best photo recovery app for android when it comes to recovering deleted pictures from Android phone. Unlike many apps that display all the existing and lost photos randomly and recover deleted photos with a small size or poor quality, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android allows you to only display the deleted photos which make it easier for you to preview before recover. Besides, the recovered photos are in their original and non-damaged quality.