"My USB port doesn't work and has no way to transfer files. I'm fed up with Samsung SideSync and Flow, which rarely works. Otherwise, it transfers up to 90% and then says ERROR, or it just doesn't connect. Any other options? Can I Wi-Fi Direct to Windows 10?"
Still struggling with the USB connection between your Android and PC? You can freely connect your Android phone to your PC via Wi-Fi in 2022. In this guide, you will know how to connect an Android phone to a PC through Wi-Fi in six practical ways without difficulties.
Way 1. How to Connect Android to PC over Wi-Fi via Mobile Hotspot
Way 2. How to Connect Android to PC Wirelessly via Coolmuster Android Assistant
Way 3. How to Connect Android to PC Using Wi-Fi via AirDroid
Way 4. How to Connect Android to Laptop via Wi-Fi with SHAREit
Way 5. How to Connect Android Phone to Computer Wirelessly via Bluetooth
Way 6. How to Connect PC and Android Phone via Wi-Fi Using Microsoft's Your Phone App
Bonus: How to Connect Android Phone to PC via USB
The easiest way to connect to an Android phone over Wi-Fi is using the Wi-Fi hotspot feature of the computer. After a few settings, you will establish a stable connection between your computer and PC for free.
How to connect my PC to my mobile through Wi-Fi directly?
1. Start your PC and click the Start button at the lower-left corner.
2. Select Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Hotspot > turn the switch On.
3. Check and configure the Wi-Fi network name and password.
4. On your Android phone, open Settings > Wireless > connect your Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network name you set up on the PC.
Learn more: Want to copy videos from a phone to a computer without hassle? You can use these 9 ways, which can make the transfer fast.
Coolmuster Android Assistant is a comprehensive manager for almost all Android devices. Using the app, you can connect your Android to your PC over Wi-Fi and manage the Android data easily. Apart from Wi-Fi, it also supports a USB cable connection.
The key features of Coolmuster Android Assistant:
How to connect a smartphone to a PC wirelessly?
1. Install and run Coolmuster Android Assistant on your PC. Next, click Android Assistant to continue and tap the Connect via Wi-Fi button at the top-right corner.
2. Ensure your Android phone and PC are under the same Wi-Fi network connection. After that, follow the on-screen prompts to connect your Android phone to the PC. Once connected, you will see the phone's information on the program's home interface.
3. Now, you can manage or transfer the Android data on the computer. For example, you can export music to the PC. Select Music on the left panel, tick off the desired songs, and hit the Export button.
You may like:
AirDroid also helps you connect Android to a PC wirelessly and transfers everything between your Android and PC. Besides, it allows you to remote control your device as well.
How to connect mobile to PC wirelessly?
1. Install the AirDroid app from Google Play Store on your Android phone.
2. Launch the app and grant necessary permissions. You don't need to create an account if both devices have the same Wi-Fi network connection.
3. Access web.airdroid.com from a browser on your PC and use the mobile app to scan the QR code on your PC to establish a connection between both devices.
4. AirDroid will display an interface to transfer files from/to your PC after connection.
You may read: Please choose an powerful app to transfer files from Android to Mac if you need it.
SHAREit is another free and convenient app to wirelessly connect Android to a PC. After connection, you can manage, transfer, and access the PC/Android data on another device as you want.
How to connect the phone to the PC wirelessly?
1. Install the latest SHAREit app on your Android and PC.
2. Set up the app on both devices. You can modify the name and icon and manage the destination folder.
3. Open SHAREit on your computer and click the mobile symbol to launch a connection. Then, run the SHAREit app on your Android device, tap the symbol in the upper-left corner, and select the Connect to PC option.
4. The mobile app will start searching for the PC. Tap the PC's name when visible on the screen and click Accept to start the connection.
If the PC's name is not visible, tap the Scan to Connect button below to scan the QR code on your PC to establish a connection.
5. When connected, you can transfer data between the PC and Android.
See also: Is there a useful way to transfer SIM card data to a computer? Certainly, you can read this article to master 4 easy ways.
Bluetooth is an old-fashioned way to connect Android to PC and transfer files. Assume your Android and PC support the Bluetooth feature. You can try connecting both via Bluetooth.
How to connect the phone to the desktop wirelessly?
1. Toggle on Bluetooth on both devices and place them near each other. You can go to Settings > Bluetooth > switch on Bluetooth on Android. On your PC, tap Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > ensure the switch is On.
2. Click the Add Bluetooth or other device option on your PC, select the Android's name, and pair them with the on-screen instructions.
3. After a connection, tap Send or receive files via Bluetooth on the right panel > Send Files > select your Android phone > Next > choose the files you want to send > hit Next to start the migration.
4. Press Accept on your Android device.
Maybe you like: You can quickly transfer files between your PC and Android tablet with this guide. Let's check it out.
Your Phone, or Phone Link, is a new feature developed by Microsoft for Windows 10 to connect Android with Windows 10 PC and mirror the Android screen on the PC. Moreover, it also enables you to access recent photos, make phone calls, and send SMS on the computer.
To use this app, your PC must run Windows 10/11 with the May 2019 update or later, and your Android phone must run Android 7.0 or up. If both devices meet the minimum system requirements, proceed with the following steps:
1. Install Phone Link on your Windows 10 and Android and accept all the required permissions.
2. Open the app on your PC, make the phone type Android, and tap Get started. Later, your PC will automatically connect to your Android device.
3. You can select Photos on the left panel to view all the Android images or choose Messages to view, send, or receive text messages from the PC.
Guess you need: Seeking an easy way to transfer OnePlus files to MacBook? Then please read this guide.
Since the USB connection is more stable than Wi-Fi, you can refer to the following instructions to connect your Android to a PC with USB.
1. Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Tap the USB Connection Notification on the Notification panel and choose the Transfer files option.
3. When asked, click the Notification bar on the computer and click Open device to view files.
4. Open the Windows Explorer on your PC and select This PC > your Android device's name to check the files and folders on your device.
Now that you understand how to connect an Android phone to a PC through Wi-Fi, you can pick the best way that suits your devices. Coolmuster Android Assistant is the optimal option for connecting your Android to a PC and managing the device content in one click. It couldn't be better if you wish to view, transfer, and edit the Android files after connection. With its powerful functions, I am sure it's what you want.