How to Install Android Apps from PC Easily? [4 Solutions]
Unlike iOS, the Android system is more open and customizable. As an Android user, Google Play isn't the only choice for you to install apps. If you can't find the desired app on the official web like Google Play, you can download the apps to your computer from other resources or websites as APK files, and install the Android apps from PC by yourself. In this comprehensive post, we offer 4 ways for you on how to install Android app from PC.
Part 1: How to Install Android App from PC with a Professional Android App Manager
Part 2: How to Install App on Android from PC via Google Play Website
Part 3: How to Install an Android App from PC to Phone using AirDroid
Part 4: How to Install an App on Android from Computer via Sideloading
The best solution is to use a professional Android data manager called Coolmuster Android Assistant. It can be your Android app manager that helps you install/uninstall your Android app from PC as well as export your app to the computer. Coolmuster Android Assistant has well-received by users across the world for being a phenomenon Android data manager. You can use this software for multiple purposes. For example: backup your Android data to computer (all or selected) with one simple click, transfer files including contacts, SMS, call logs, music, videos, photos, etc. between your phone and computer, send/reply/forward/copy messages from computer, export/import contacts to/from Outlook and so on.
Want to know if it can work well with your Android phone? Sure! It's fully compatible with almost all the Android brands including Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S9+/S9/S8+/S8/S7/S6/S5/S4, Huawei, LG, HTC, Sony, Motorola, ZTE, OPPO, DELL, Google and more.
So if you want to install Android app from PC, leave this job to Coolmuster Android Assistant. It is 100% clean and safe with no ads. This software will never damage or misuse your data, you can download the free trial version to your computer and have a try.
Note: This software also provides a Mac version. For Mac users, please download Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac and follow the same steps.
Here's how to install Android apps from PC:
* Step 1: Download and launch Android Assistant on PC, and then connect your phone to PC via a USB or Wi-Fi. Follow the instructions on the screen to let your phone detected by the software. You will see the main interface as below once the program successfully recognizes your Android phone.
* Step 2: Click "App" > "User Apps". Here, you can view all the apps installed on your phone. Click "Install" on the top menu and choose the APK file from your computer to install to your Android phone.
In this way, you can install the apps from any trusted source to your computer freely. Please make sure the app you are going to install isn't malware or virus-infected which will cause harmful threats to your phone.
Tips: Apart from installing Android app from PC, you are also allowed to uninstall or export app as you want by clicking the button on the top of the menu.
If the app can be found on the Google Play store, you can take advantage of the Google Play website to install app from PC to Android wirelessly.
Here's how to do it:
* Step 1: On your phone, open Google Play store and log in to it with your Google account.
* Step 2: On your computer, log in to the Google Play website with the Google account that you use for your Android phone.
* Step 3: Search and browse the apps on the website, select the one you want and click "install".
* Step 4: Choose your device from the pop-up window, click "continue" and here you may need to confirm your Google account.
* Step 5: A prompt will show up and tell you the app will be installed on your Android device.
AirDroid can help you transfer files between your devices and manage your device remotely. You can use it to transfer APK file from computer to your Android phone. But be aware that the free version provides 200MB limited remote data quota monthly and supports file size only up to 30MB when using offline transfer.
Below are the steps on how to install an Android app from PC to phone using AirDroid:
* Step 1: Download AirDroid on your phone. Tap "Me" > "Tap to sign in".
* Step 2: On your computer, log in to the AirDroid website with the same account.
* Step 3: Click "Apps" on the AirDroid web. The apps on your phone are displayed on the pop-up window, click "Install app" on the top-right corner.
* Step 4: Select the APK file on your computer and install android app from PC.
Typically, sideloading enables you to install APK on Android from computer. And such apps usually download outside from Google Play. It requires users to allow "Unknown Source" on their security settings.
Steps on how to install an app on Android from computer via sideloading:
* Step 1: Enable "Unknown sources".
For Android 8: "Settings" app > "Apps & notifications" > "Advanced" > "Special app access" > "Install unknown apps".
For Android 7 and below: "Settings" app > "Security" > Turn on "Unknown sources".
* Step 2: Connect your Android phone to PC via a USB cable. Tap "Touch for other USB options" on your phone and choose "Media Device (MTP).
* Step 3: On your computer, right-click the APK file > "Send to" > Click the name of your Android device.
* Step 4: On your phone, open the "file manager" app and find the APK file you just installed.
* Step 5: Tap the APK file and install the Android app on your phone.
That's all for the 4 ways on how to install Android app from PC. No matter what way you want to use, if you want to download your app from the website other than Google Play, please make sure that the APK file is from a reputable source.
And among these 4 ways, Coolmuster Android Assistant is the most ideal choice for you. You can use it to download unlimited files to your Android phone via a USB cable or Wi-Fi. The whole process is quick and easy. Besides, Coolmuster Android Assistant can do more than just installing app for you, it is a comprehensive Android data manager that makes it extremely easy for you to manage data on your Android phone. Welcome to download it and give it a try.