How to Sync Outlook 2010/2013 Contacts to Samsung Galaxy?
You might be wondering how to transfer your entire Outlook contact list to Samsung Galaxy S8 effortlessly. Many people know how to sync contacts from an Android phone to Outlook for backup, but few people have idea on how to export these contacts from Outlook to Android mobile phone, such as Samsung Galaxy S5. Therefore, you may have to copy contacts one by one manually. You may ask: why not put contacts in the SIM card? Well, sometimes the contacts number is beyond the capacity of the SIM card.
To tell you the truth, if you have already kept your contacts in a Windows PC with Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013, and now you want to transfer them all from the Outlook to any Android mobile phone, you can follow the steps as below to export contacts from Outlook to a .csv file and then use Coolmuster Android Assistant (for all Windows versions) or Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac to import those contacts in CSV format into your Android phone.
Part 1. How to Export Contacts from Outlook to CSV File
1. Open Outlook on your computer and click the options like: File -> Options -> Advanced -> Export.
2. After you click the "Export" button, there will be a new window pop up, asking you to choose an action to perform. Just choose "Export to a file".
3. Here, you will be asked to create a file of type in which the output contacts will be saved. Please select the Comma Separated Values - CSV and click "Next" button to continue.
4. Select the "Contacts" folder to export from, name the contacts file and then click "Browse" button to choose a location for saving the contacts.
5. Press on the "Map Custom Fields" if you have any custom fields in your contacts. After that, you can click "Finish" to begin to transfer contacts from Outlook 2010/2013 to computer as CSV file.
Ok, you have finished the most difficult step. Next, you can relax yourself and use Coolmuster Android Assistant to help you do the rest job for you. By the way, it comes with free demo version that you can try it out for free by clicking the following button.
Part 2. Guide to Sync Outlook Contacts with Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/Note
Step 1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy phone to computer
You need to download and install the Android Assistant to get it started. Then, connect your Samsung mobile phone to the computer with a USB cable.
If it is the first time to run this software, you may encounter the following picture and be required to enable USB debugging on your phone at first.
If your device can be detected by the program, you can directly skip to the next step.
Follow the below instruction to enable USB debugging:
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
After enabling the USB debugging, all your phone information, including phone model, system version and storage space size will be shown in the main interface like below.
Step 2. Start to import contact list from Outlook to Samsung
Now, tap on the "Contacts" option on the top menu to enter the contacts managing window. Then, click "Import" button to select the CSV file you have put on your computer from the above steps and transfer them to the connected Samsung mobile phone.
Coolmuster Android Assistant can also help you transfer contacts, text messages, photos, videos, music, apps and more between Android phone/tablet and computer without any trouble. Explore more features by yourself!