How to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone Easily
"Hi so basically I took a time laps video on my iPhone 5s and transferred it to my PC so I could edit it on windows movie maker. Now when I'm trying to transfer the video back to my device a message saying ‘Cannot copy file this device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected’ come up on the screen. I really don't know how to solve this, can anyone help?"
--From Apple Forum
What this user cares about is how to transfer videos from computer to iPhone easily? Anyway, have you ever been in such a scenario when you cannot get video transfer task done well. For instance, you may sometimes cannot open the transferred videos for the formats are wrong or the files are incomplete for some reason, or you have no access to transfer them at all.
The following may come as a relief to you with 4 easy and safe methods on how to transfer videos to iPhone. So, want to know the best part? Just read on for more.
Part 1: How to Send Videos from Computer to iPhone Using iTunes
Part 2: How to Transfer Videos from PC/Computer to iPhone without iTunes
2.1 How to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone via iPhone Video Transfer
2.2 How to Transfer/import Videos from PC to iPhone via AirDrop
2.3 How to Get Videos from Computer to iPhone with Dropbox
iTunes, a free digital media playing app for computer developed by App Inc, can manage and play quality music and videos, which regular iPhone users are very familiar with. With it, you can not only buy music from music store, download podcast, synchronize iPhone data, but also transfer videos from computer to iPhone.
Please remember to download the latest iTunes before transfer. If you have already installed it, you'd better check for update by clicking the icon on the upper right corner of the interface. After that, let's see:
How to get/import videos from computer to iPhone using iTunes:
1. Start iTunes on your computer and connect iPhone to PC with a USB cord. Then choose Device icon after the automatic detection.
2. Select Movies or TV Shows from the Settings tab. Then, you can tick Sync Movies or Sync TV Shows to preview the videos below.
3. Choose the videos you'd like to move and tap Apply to transfer videos from PC to iPhone.
Note: If you cannot find the transferred videos on your iPhone, please go to Home > Photo > Photo album > Video to open them.
Bonus: Have an Android phone, and want to send videos from Android to iPhone? Follow this quick instruction now.
As we mentioned in the previous part, although iPhone users are no stranger to iTunes as it is an iDevice data manager, it has certain restrictions like taking the place of the existing data after transferring videos or other data. Thus, you might say: is there any other option for me to get the answer to how to put videos on iPhone from PC?
Here are 3 classic programs or iPhone functions that can help you transfer videos to iPhone with ease. Are they really that crazy? Dilate your pupils to find out the suitable means?
In most instances, to avoid the restrictions of free software, iPhone users usually choose to use a professional video transfer tool. Here is a customized app for iPhone enthusiasts - iPhone Video Transfer, designed to optimize your transfer experience. It allows you to transfer data between computers and iDevices easily and safely, ensuring the data undamaged. Well, that's great.
Now, 3 reasons to recommend iPhone Video Transfer:
> Transfer videos, photos, audios, music, contacts and other data between Apple device and PC.
> Change the music into personalized Ringtones and convert HEIC images into JPG/JPEG/PNG pictures.
> Sync data from iDevice to iTunes and import iTunes files to iDevice or PC.
Are you unable to ensconce your joy? Download it now?
You may get the app right now. Next:
2 light manuals on how to put videos from computer to iPhone via iPhone video transfer:
1. Connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cord after your download, install and open this app on your PC.
2. Tap Videos from the left sidebar to see different types of videos and their amounts. Then press Add to find the videos to be transferred. Select them and hit Open to transfer videos from PC to iPhone.
You May Also Like: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Android
AirDrop, a built-in function of Mac and iDevice, can help transfer videos from PC to iPhone and vice versa. First and foremost, it transfers wirelessly and you can find your transferred videos from the Photo app on your iPhone. Users with Windows PC who want to transfer videos to iPhone can choice other 3 methods referred to in this article.
Clear specifications on how to move videos from computer to iPhone via AirDrop:
1. Enable Wi-Fi, Blutooth and AirDrop on both your Mac and iPhone. (For iPhone, slide from the bottom to lighten the three functions respectively. For Mac, go to Menue Bar > Wi-Fi, Menue Bar > Apple > System Preferences > Bluetooth and Menu Bar > Go > AirDrop to turn on these images.)
2. Turn on Allow me to be discovered by > Contacts Only or Everyone from your Mac to get the two devices connected.
3. Press and hold your needed videos to drag them from your Mac to iPhone. Then tap Accept to receive your videos when there's a hint on your iPhone.
Attention: AirDrop works on point-to-point network, through which we needn't to keep two devices in the same network, but wireless network cards on both devices must be available before transfer.
Like iTunes, Dropbox is also based on the theory of cloud computing, but it provides lots of services for a fee. By using its synchronization function, you can transfer videos and other data from computer to iPhone. Besides, you can batch to more data and single file must be within 300M, but if you use an iPhone client for transfer, there's no limitation concerning the size of individual file, with maximum capacity of 18.8 GB for free.
Here is how to upload/copy videos to iPhone with Dropbox:
1. Visit Dropbox official website - www.dropbox.com from you PC to sign in your account or register for free.
2. Tap "+" sign under "Upload" icon to add videos and create a new folder for saving. Then tap "Upload Files" to send/copy videos to iPhone.
3. Download Dropbox on your iPhone and log in with your account info. Next, download the videos you've uploaded just now.
Note: Dropbox has only 2GB of free space, but you can increase it to up to 5GB through invitation mechanism. Namely, you can invite new users to obtain more storage space.
The Bottom Line
Generally, 4 practical tips enumerated above can help you address the problem on "how to get/transfer a video from computer to iPhone". If your videos are not of utmost importance, you can choose iTunes, but as has been discussed before, there are some shortcomings in using this tool while doing transfer work. Furthermore, Dropbox is also an option if videos are important and won't take up much memory. If videos are vital and your computer is not a Mac, suggest you taking iPhone Video Transfer. Harboring professional and fast reputation, it never lets its fans down.
In addition, if you need to transfer or put videos from iPhone to Mac computer, click this post to learn more. As we all know, there are more methods than difficulties all the time.