"My iPhone 7 Plus was charging last night, and I woke up to a black line across the phone with an Apple above it like it was trying to update. I tried to check my messages, and the screen went white. A message came on that said hit the Home button to recover. Nothing happens. Help! Jill"
- Apple Discussions Forum
Have you encountered iPhone white screen suddenly? If you often visit the Apple forums, you will find that many people have reported this problem. "My iPhone is showing white screen with black Apple" "My iPhone screen is white and won't turn off" "iPhone keeps showing white screen with Apple logo. What happens when my iPhone screen turns white?"
What to do if your iPhone screen goes white? No worries! iPhone white screen with Apple logo is a common glitch in Apple devices, and the following methods will fix it.
Before we move further on to fixing an iPhone white screen, you may also wish to explore the reasons that have caused the iPhone white screen background. Here, we concluded the mainsprings:
Below are some easy tricks and tips for troubleshooting iPhone blank white screen:
In rare cases, your iPhone may not have a white screen of death. Instead, you may have accidentally switched on the screen magnification option, making it look like a white screen of death. Thus, to turn off the screen magnification, you can hold the three fingers together and use them to double-knock the screen. If the screen is zoomed in, the operation will restore it to normal view.
Or you can toggle magnification off from Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom > Off.
Hard reset is a common way to fix iOS system glitches. If a regular restart does not fix the iPhone white screen, you can try resetting your iPhone.
For iPhone 8 and later versions:
For iPhone 7/7Plus:
For iPhone 6 and earlier versions:
You can also use a combination of keys to restart your iPhone if the hard reset does not work. To do this, press and hold the Power + Volume up + Home buttons together until the screen turns black. Next, release all buttons when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Undoubtedly, this method only works for iPhone with a Home button.
This way sometimes comes in handy. Auto brightness adjusts the screen brightness according to the lighting condition, and sometimes may go wrong and end up with a white screen of death.
For that, open iPhone's Settings > Accessibility > Display and Text Size > disable the Auto Brightness option.
You can also get your iPhone into Recovery mode and restore it to factory settings with iTunes. However, you may suffer data loss. Therefore, ensure that you have backed up the iPhone data before starting the following steps.
1. Power off your iPhone.
2. Boot your iPhone into Recovery mode.
For iPhone 8 and higher:
For iPhone 7/7 Plus:
For iPhone 6 and lower:
3. Start your computer that runs the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
4. A window will pop up in iTunes and ask you to Update or Restore the iPhone. Choose the Restore option to repair the problem.
Device Firmware Update mode is a more powerful method that turns on the iPhone but prevents booting the operating system. Even though it is a more complex trick, it's worth trying.
To enter your iPhone in DFU mode:
1. Plug your iPhone into a computer that has iTunes installed and run iTunes.
2. Toggle off your iPhone and boot it into DFU mode:
For iPhone 7 and newer versions: Press and hold the Side + Volume down buttons together.
For iPhone 6s and lower versions: Press and hold the Sleep/Power + Home buttons together.
Hold the buttons for 10 seconds. Then release the Sleep/Power/Side button and continue holding other buttons until you see the prompt "iTunes has detected an iPhone in Recovery mode". If you see the Apple logo, you may have held the buttons for too long. You will need to start over again.
3. Release the Sleep/Power/Side button, and your iPhone should go black. Your iPhone is now in DFU mode.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts in iTunes to restore your iPhone.
Does iPhone get stuck on the white screen? In other cases, removing the battery for a while will fix the problem. However, if you don't know how to remove the battery, don't try easily.
If all the above methods don't work for your iPhone and there isn't an Apple Store nearby, try the professional iPhone White Screen Recovery to fix the issue yourself. It repairs all iOS system problems on iPhone 13/12/11 to normal without data loss, including iPhone loop restart, battery drain, frozen screen, white screen of death, etc.
Key features of iPhone White Screen Recovery:
* Fix your iPhone 13/12/11/X (iOS 15 supported) to normal on Windows or Mac.
* Support various screen, device, iOS mode, and iTunes issues: Charge issue, loop restart, battery drain, stuck on Apple logo/DFU/Recovery mode, black/white/red/blue screen of death, iTunes error 4005, iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, etc.
* Downgrade and upgrade iOS versions.
* Easy to use for fresh hands and cause no data loss.
* Fully compatible with all iPhone models, like iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5, etc.
How do I fix the white screen of death on my iPhone without data loss?
1. Install iPhone White Screen Recovery and connect your iPhone.
After installing and running the software on your computer, connect your iPhone via a USB cable and tap More tools > iOS System Recovery on the interface.
2. Detect the iPhone problem automatically.
The program will detect your iPhone automatically and display the problem on the interface. After that, click the Start button.
3. Repair iPhone white screen of death.
Confirm the device information on the interface. If it is not correct, choose the correct one from the drop-down list. Once done, press the Repair button to start the repair process.
If nothing works, directly take your iPhone to the local Apple Store or contact Apple Support via phone or email for technical support.
Fixing iPhone white screen takes time and energy. Therefore, it's better to prevent it from happening than spending time and effort or even money on repairing it. Below are some useful tips to avoid getting iPhone white screen of death in the future:
Which way will you choose to fix your iPhone white screen? As far as I can see, you can try iPhone White Screen Recovery to fix the problem first, which has a higher success rate than other common solutions and won't cause data loss. If it does not work, you can take your iPhone to the nearby Apple Store for help.