I keep having trouble with my iPod!!! It seems to work playing the music and stuff but when I add music it says the files are corrupt! So I need to restore only I have lots of music, videos and games on it that I would like to keep... Can someone help me saving all this stuff??? I've got an 60 gig video iPod.... PLEASE HELP!!! - From Apple Community
In many cases, you could need to restore your iPod device, for example when you need to get your iPod out of recovery mode or when you plan to upgrade/downgrade your iOS system. And no doubt, iTunes enables to restore iPod within 1-2-3 step, but you might encounter such pop-up message saying "...All of your media and and other data will be erased...". Feel at a loss now? Cause that's not your intention! You just want to restore iPod without deleting everything, right? Actually, to do it, you can choose to back up iPod before restoring it or recover iPod data after the restoration process.
1. Back up Data on iPod
To transfer all files from iPod as a backup in case of data losses, you absolutely can't miss this all-in-one Coolmuster iOS to Computer Transfer (Windows/Mac) software. With it, you are free to bulk transfer everything from iPod to the computer in one click, including photos, music, videos, movies, apps and many more. Also, it can be fully compatible with all generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod devices.
And it is quite easy to use this software, detailed steps are listed as below;
- Open the installed software on the computer and link iPod to the computer via the USB cord.
- Now, this software will detect your device and then scan for all files folders.
- After selecting the wanted files, click on the Export option to transfer them to the computer as a backup.
2. Restore iPod without Deleting Everything
After making a phone backup of your iPod, you can now restore iPod without any hesitation, cause you can easily restore the backup to your device after finishing the restoration process. Now, follow the below steps to restore iPod;
- Open iTunes on the computer and link iPod to computer via USB cord.
- Select your device on the iTunes interface.
- Click on the "Restore" option in the Summary tab.
- Click on "OK" option on the promo dialogue to continue.
After that, you can reach the backup files on the computer and transfer them to your iPod. Now you have successfully restore your iPod without deleting everything.
3. Recover Data from iPod
If you lose important files after finishing the restoration process because you have no backup or due to other reasons, you can now use this Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery software to recover data from iPod within simple clicks. With it, you can recover data from iPod no matter you have made a phone backup or not, cause it offers you two recovery modes. So even if you find all your important files are lost after you complete the process of restoring iPod, it is no big deal! This software enables you to recover any files from iPod within simple clicks.
- After downloading the right version of this software, you can open it on the computer and link your iPod to the computer via the USB cord.
- Once your device is detected by this software, you will see an interface where two modes are arranged on the main interface. Choose the right one as needed and wanted.
- Now, this software will detect your device and scan for all files saved on your device.
- Enter the right tab to choose the files that you want to retrieve from iPod.
- Hit the Recover option to recover data from iPod in one click.