"I recently dropped my iPhone in the toilet, and afterward, it failed to turn on. I then transferred the SIM card into my old Android Motorola phone. However, none of the information is on it. I want to know if it is possible to get my contacts, pictures, and music onto my Android phone or a new iPhone. And if it is possible, how I would be able to do it. Any help whatsoever appreciated."
- Fredmancity from Apple Community
Can I get my contacts off a broken iPhone? How to retrieve contacts from iPhone with a broken screen? Want to know the answers to these questions? In response to your inquiry, I organized this tutorial. You will indeed find a satisfactory solution after reading the guide.
Part 1. Can I Get My Contacts Off a Broken iPhone?
Part 2. How to Retrieve Contacts from iPhone with Broken Screen via Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery
Part 3. How to Get Contacts from iPhone with Broken Screen from iCloud Backup
Part 4. How to Retrieve Contacts from Broken iPhone If You Have Trusted the Computer
Bonus Tips. How to Transfer Contacts from Dead iPhone to New iPhone?
Yes, you can recover contacts from the iPhone with a broken screen. If you have made a complete backup of your iPhone contacts before it gets smashed, you can directly restore the contacts from your backup file. However, if you forget to back up the iPhone contacts previously, you can still get them back.
Since the contacts still exist on your broken iPhone without data overwriting, you can use professional iPhone recovery software to get the contacts off the broken iPhone. Let's see how it works.
You can use Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery to recover contacts from iPhone with a broken screen with or without backup. This powerful program can safely recover lost text messages, contacts from your iPhone directly.
More than this, it also retrieves the contacts and other data like photos, notes, call history, etc., from the previous iTunes backup swiftly.
What does Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery do for you?
* Directly recover contacts from iPhone without backup.
* Retrieve contacts and other data from iTunes.
* Preview and choose the desired contacts you wish to recover.
* Three professional recovery modes, one-click operation, and three-step process.
* Support to recover data under various scenarios: Accidental deletion, broken iPhone, water damage, no backup file, system crash, iOS update failure or crash, jailbreak failure, stolen/lost iPhone, forget the password, get stuck in Apple logo/DFU/recovery mode, etc.
* Work with all iPhone models, such as iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5, etc.
As long as the computer can detect your iPhone, you can get contacts from a broken iPhone without backup with ease.
1. Install Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery on your computer.
After installing the software on your PC, run it and connect your broken iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. After your device is connected, you will enter the Recover from iOS Device mode by default.
2. Scan the iPhone data.
Select Contacts from the screen and click the Start Scan button. When finished, you will see different data types on the program.
3. Start to recover contacts from iPhone with broken screen.
Click Contacts from the left panel, preview the contact information and check the ones you want to recover. Finally, hit the Recover to Computer button below to start the recovery process.
You can use the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery to get back your contacts. This method doesn't require you to connect iPhone to PC.
1. Choose the required iTunes Backup.
Run the program on your computer and then choose the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode. It will automatically display the iTunes backup records which you have synced with this computer. You can then select the wanted backup record and hit the Start Scan button.
2. Get back lost contacts from iTunes.
After scanning, select Contacts from the left sidebar and preview the detailed information. Select the contacts you want and hit the Recover to Computer button below. Then you can save the contacts on your PC.
You may like:
If you have enabled the iCloud automatic syncing of contacts on your iPhone before the screen gets damaged, you can restore the contacts from the iCloud backup on other devices.
How to get contacts off a broken iPhone from iCloud backup?
1. Visit iCloud.com on your computer and sign in with the same Apple ID you've associated with the broken iPhone.
2. Choose the Contacts tab, click the gear icon at the lower-left corner, and tap the Select All button.
3. Pick the Export vCard option and download all contacts from the broken iPhone to your computer.
See more: What if your iPhone keeps clicking on it own? Don't worry. You can fix it with these tips.
Suppose you have ever connected your iPhone to the computer and trusted the computer on your iPhone before the tragedy. In that case, you are lucky enough to restore contacts from the broken iPhone using iTunes quickly.
How to back up an iPhone with a broken screen via iTunes?
1. Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your broken iPhone to it with a USB cable. After that, please wait for it to recognize your iPhone.
2. When it detects your broken iPhone and shows up the iPhone icon at the top-left window, tap the iPhone icon and choose Summary > This computer under the Backups section. If necessary, you can tick Encrypt iPhone backup below to encrypt the backup.
3. Tap the Back Up Now button to start extracting contacts from your iPhone. Once finished, tap Done below and disconnect your broken iPhone to the computer.
The Cloud services like Google Drive, iCloud, and Dropbox also back up other important files to the cloud storage. If you also hope to get other files back from the broken iPhone, you can check the instructions below.
Here, we will take iCloud as an example.
1. Open iCloud.com on a computer web browser.
2. After logging in with the same Apple ID, you will see many options under Settings, including photos, notes, mail, pages, reminders, calendars, etc.
2. Choose the tab you want to retrieve and follow the on-screen instructions to restore the iCloud backups to your computer.
You may also want to transfer contacts from a broken iPhone to a new iPhone. If you have backed up the contacts from your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes before, the thing will get much accessible.
How to transfer contacts from the broken iPhone to a new iPhone via iCloud?
1. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your new iPhone. When you reach the Apps & Data screen, choose the Restore from iCloud Backup option, sign in with the same Apple ID you've associated with the broken iPhone, and tap the Choose backup button.
2. Choose a relevant backup file and hit Restore to get the contacts onto your new iPhone.
3. If you have set up your new iPhone already, you can go to the device's Settings > choose General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and confirm the operation. Afterward, the device will restart automatically. Then you can repeat the above steps to transfer contacts from the broken iPhone to the new iPhone.
How to transfer contacts from dead iPhone to new iPhone via iTunes?
1. Open iTunes on macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier versions or run Finder on macOS Catalina 101.5 or later versions. Later, connect your new iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. If a window pops up on your new iPhone asking for the device passcode or requiring you to trust this computer, provide the iPhone passcode or tap Trust to move on.
3. Choose the iPhone icon at the upper-left corner, hit Restore Backup, and choose the most recent backup file.
4. Tap the Restore button and wait for it to finish the restoring process. If asked, enter the encryption password for the backup file.
Note: You should keep your iPhone connected to the computer and don't use your iPhone during the restoring process. Or, errors will occur on your device.
When accidentally breaking the iPhone screen, calm yourself down. Then open this post and learn how to retrieve contacts from iPhone with broken screen step by step. You can choose whatever way to get the job done anchored in your need. If you choose Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery, you can still recover the contacts from iPhone with a broken screen even if you don't back up your iPhone.
Also, you can preview and selectively recover the specific contacts you want, which is much more flexible and user-friendly to use.