Apple releases a new iOS version each year. Updating the iOS to the latest version will allow you to experience new changes, fix bugs, and improve performances, especially when some apps are incompatible with the current operating system. Normally, you can update iOS with iTunes. However, many people try to avoid iTunes since it takes hours to update an iPhone and overwrites the iPhone data during the process.
The good news is that more than one way can quickly update iOS without iTunes. If you don't mean to lose data, come on learning how to update your iPhone without iTunes in this post.
Whether you want to update your iPhone to the latest iOS 16 or the earlier iOS 12/iOS 11, you will get it done with iOS Update in a few minutes. The cutting-edge self-developed algorithm will automatically detect the compatible iOS versions for your iPhone and display them on the computer for you to download. Besides, the software also enables you to downgrade the iOS version if you don't accustom to the iOS 14 features or performances.
The highlights of iOS Update:
* Downgrade iOS 16/15 to iOS 14/13 or upgrade iOS 15 to iOS 16 as long as your iPhone supports the version.
* Two recovery modes supported: Standard and Advanced mode.
* Easy and safe to use.
* Widely compatible with all iPhone models, including iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7, etc.
How can I update my iPhone without iTunes using iOS Update?
Note: To avoid unnecessary data loss, please back up your iPhone before upgrading your iOS version. You can follow our guide to make a backup within minutes.
1. Download iOS Update on your computer.
After installing this program on your PC, please open it and choose the iOS System Recovery module on the initial interface.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Plug your iPhone into the computer using a USB cable. If asked, tap Trust on your iPhone. Next, choose the Start button on the program to continue. When you reach the configuration screen, pick Standard Mode and then tap the Optimize button. The software will match the device information. If necessary, modify the information to the correct ones.
3. Upgrade iPhone without iTunes.
Then the software will show all the iOS versions your iPhone supports. Select one version from the list and tap Next to start downloading the firmware and upgrading your iOS version.
You may like:
Another choice to install iOS on iPhone without iTunes updating over the air. To smoothly upgrade your iPhone without interruptions, ensure that you have connected your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network and there is enough storage left on your iPhone. As the process may last about 15 minutes, make sure your iPhone has enough power to finish the updating. You can plug your iPhone into a power source during the update.
How do I manually download the iOS update?
1. Open iPhone's Settings, choose General, and tap Software Update.
2. Press Download and Install if a new iOS version is there. Then click Install Now as prompted. In some cases, if a message asks you to remove apps to free up more space to update, choose Continue or Cancel, based on your needs.
3. If asked, please enter the iPhone's passcode and agree to the terms & conditions. Later, follow the on-screen prompts until the whole process is complete.
https://ipsw.me/ is a website that provides all iOS versions for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and other Apple products. You can download iPhone software without iTunes from IPSW for free and update it using iTunes later. Often, the downloading speed from IPSW is much faster than from Apple Store.
If you prefer this way, follow our steps below to get it done.
1. Visit https://ipsw.me/ from a computer browser, pick iPhone, and choose your iPhone model from the list.
2. Select an iOS version and download it to your computer.
3. Launch iTunes on your computer, connect your iPhone, and tap your iPhone under Devices > Summary. On a Mac, press and hold the Option key and click the Update button; on a Windows PC, press and hold the Shift key and tap the Update icon.
4. Pick the iOS version downloaded from IPSW, click the Open button, and allow iTunes to update the iPhone firmware. Finally, install the IPSW file on your iPhone.
I believe you have got a complete understanding of how to update an iPhone without iTunes after reading the above content. Among all methods, I will recommend you try iOS Update. Using this software, you will update the iOS version in a few clicks and fix the iPhone system error without data loss during the process.
What's more, the whole process is intelligent and automatic. You don't need to do too much manual work. So, why not give it a try?