After getting a new iPad, you possibly want to transfer various files from your iPhone to the new iPad device, such as contacts, messages, videos, photos, movies, apps and many more. For example, after saving contacts on your iPad, you can send iMessages or make a call with FaceTime. So here is the problem: how could you transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad?
Actually, to sync iPhone contacts to iPad, you have more than one way to go. Now, let's see different ways one by one!
iCloud enables you to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad, just follow the below steps:
1. Go to Settings > iCloud on your iPhone device.
2. Enter with the right Apple ID and password.
3. After signing in, turn on the Contacts.
4. Select Merge option to upload the contacts to iCloud.
5. Then go to the iCloud on your iPad device. (Note: Make sure to enter with the same Apple ID and password.)
6. Now you can sync iCloud contacts to your iPad device.
But here, you should know that iCloud will sync all contacts to your iPad device. If you want to selectively transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad, iCloud will fails to work.
This iOS to Computer Transfer (Windows/Mac) software allows you to freely transfer contacts from iPhone to the computer and then import contacts from the computer to iPad device. It enables you to share files between iOS devices and the computer without any restrictions. And this software can fully support various files like contacts, messages, videos, apps, music, movies and many more. And it is quite easy to use this software to sync iPhone contacts to iPad:
Here is how to use the tool:
- Open the installed software on the computer and get iPhone and iPad connected to the computer via the USB cords.
- Go to the iPhone interface to choose the contacts that you want to transfer from iPhone to the computer. And hit the "Export" option to export contacts to the computer.
- Now enter the iPad interface, hit the "Import" option and then navigate to the files on the computer. Finally, wait for the process to get completed within a little while.
Well, think it is still kind of troublesome, since you can't directly transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad? Then the third way is surely your best choice!
If you want to directly transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad in a batch, then a professional data transfer tool is required. And my strongest recommendation goes to this iPhone to iPad Transfer software, which allows you to effortlessly and directly transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad. Aside from contacts, you can always transfer other files like messages, photos, videos, apps, music and etc.
Best of all, this software can support more than iOS devices, it can also suit other devices such as those running Android and Symbian systems. So you are free to share files between Android, iOS and Symbian devices.
Steps to use it:
> Download and install the right version of this software on the computer. Then link the two devices to the computer via the USB cords. After that, choose the Phone to Phone Transfer mode to continue the process.
> Then all the files folders will be detected and displayed on the main interface. You can now choose the Contacts tab and click the Start Transfer button to begin the transferring task.
Now, just wait patiently for the iPhone contacts to iPad transferring process to get completed within a little while.