"Messages not syncing between iPhone and iPad. I got some messages on both devices, but not all. And I can't get my iPad to set up the phone number in the Messages > Send and Receive from the area. So 1/2 of a conversation will show up, then nothing. Tried shutting off and restarting."
- Apple Support Community
Apple's messaging service works across Apple products but needs a few setups to function properly. If you want to sync messages from iPhone to iPad but don't know how to do it, check the step-by-step instructions below.
This part explains how to synchronize iPad and iPhone iMessages. Follow our guide carefully if you wish to make the switch.
1. Ensure that you have signed up with the same Apple ID on your iPhone and iPad.
2. Open Settings on your iPhone > Messages > enable iMessage > Send and Receive. Then, ensure the following things:
4. Repeat the above steps on your iPad to turn on the iMessage syncing. Please choose the same item under the Start new conversations from option on both devices.
You might like: Want an effortless way to transfer iPhone photos to an SD card? Read this full guide, and you will know the approaches.
You can transfer text messages from iPhone to iPad from Settings as long as both devices are signed up with the same Apple ID.
How to get messages from iPhone to iPad?
1. Unlock your iPhone and go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.
2. Switch on the button next to the desired iPad to import messages from iPhone to iPad.
Note: If you have activated the two-factor authentication option in your Apple ID, enter the code to confirm the operation.
Once done, it will automatically forward text messages to another device whenever you receive SMS on one device.
Read more: With these 8 methods, you can easily send videos from Samsung to iPhone without losing quality.
Wish to send old messages from your iPhone to an iPad? It's a piece of cake. Let's see how it works.
How to transfer messages from iPhone to iPad?
1. Open the Message app on your iPhone and press & hold one message you want to transfer from a conversation.
2. Tap More > choose more messages to send > click Forward > enter a recipient.
3. Hit the Send icon.
Guess you need: How can you sync your old iPhone to iPhone 13 Pro? Here are 4 effective ways you can choose.
iCloud syncing is another choice to transfer new SMS/MMS/iMessages between iPhone and iPad. Before adopting this method, you should know the following things:
How do I get my text messages to show up on my iPad?
1. Ensure you have signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on both devices.
2. Head over to iPhone's Settings > Messages > turn on iMessage > Send & Receive.
3. Choose the email address you associated with your Apple ID and ensure the Apple ID on the top is the one you signed up for on both devices.
4. Repeat the process on your iPad.
5. Open Settings on your iPhone > Messages > Text Message Forwarding > enable your iPad. Assume you have set up the two-factor authentication. You will need to enter the verification code received on your iPad.
If you also want to sync other files from iPhone to iPad, you can try Coolmuster Mobile Transfer. It supports copying contacts, bookmarks, calendars, iBooks (PDFs & ePubs), and notes (not supported in iOS 11 or up) from iPhone to iPad in one click. And it works well with all iPhone and iPad models (iOS 5 to iOS 15), such as iPhone SE (3rd generation)/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12/11/X/8/7/6, iPad 9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, etc.
How to sync iPad and iPhone in one click?
01Install and run Coolmuster Mobile Transfer on your computer and enter the Mobile Transfer module.
02Connect your iPhone and iPad to the computer using the original USB cables and tap Trust on both devices if asked. Ensure that iPhone should be in the Source position. If necessary, tap Flip to switch them. Once connected, it will display Connected under the device position.
03Check the files you wish to transfer and hit the Start Copy button below to start the syncing process.
You can select a preferred way to sync messages from an iPhone to an iPad according to your demand. Apart from that, if you also wish to transfer other files from your iPhone to your iPad, we recommend you try Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, which is easy, fast, and read-only.
If you think this article is helpful, please share it with more people.