"I have like 50 books/PDFs in iBooks that I did not purchase from iTunes (ePubs from the Gutenproject and PDFs from other stuff) that I have organized and highlighted etc. How do I transfer it to my new iPad? I thought I could drag and drop, but it won't do it. How to get them off? (I don't have access to the old ePub files as I added them two years ago on my iPhone)."
Both iPhone and iPad suit well for reading books. But if you prefer a bigger screen, you have to switch iBooks between iDevices. How to transfer iBooks from iPhone to iPad or vice versa? Check this guide to obtain the step-by-step tutorial on the five effortless methods.
Part 1. How to Sync iBooks from iPhone to iPad via Coolmuster Mobile Transfer
Part 2. How to Get iBooks from iPhone to iPad with Settings
Part 3. How to Share iBooks between iPhones Using iTunes
Part 4. How to AirDrop iBooks from iPad to iPad or iPhone to iPhone
Part 5. How to Transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone via iCloud
If you have heavy iBooks to transfer but do not have Wi-Fi access, installing Coolmuster Mobile Transfer on your computer makes the transfer easier. This app is only 25 MB, very light in size. Besides, it consumes no network during iBooks transfer and does not limit the file size.
The highlights of Coolmuster Mobile Transfer:
* Transfer iBooks (PDFs & ePubs), contacts, and other data from one iOS device to another in one click.
* Consume no network during transfer.
* USB and Wi-Fi connection.
* Easy, fast, and secure to use.
* Widely compatible with all iPhone and iPad models (iOS 15 supported), such as iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X, the new iPad mini/iPad 2021, iPad 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, iPad Pro 5/4/3/2/1, etc.
How to move books from iPhone to iPad or iPad to iPhone in one click?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Mobile Transfer on your computer. Then enter Mobile Transfer from the interface.
2. Connect both iDevices to the computer using two working USB cables and hit Trust on each phone if asked. Then the program will automatically recognize your iDevices and show Connected under the device images.
Note: To transfer iBooks from iPhone to iPad, the iPhone must be in the Source position. If not, tap the Flip button to switch them.
3. Tick Books from the table and hit the Start Copy button to transfer iBooks from iPhone to iPad.
One direct way to sync iBooks from iPhone to iPad is via Settings. This way is rather simple, and you can follow the following steps to get it done.
How do I sync iBooks from iPhone to iPad directly?
1. On your iPhone, open Settings > scroll down to find iBooks > enable the Sync Bookmarks and Notes or Sync Collections option.
2. Open your iPad and repeat the above steps on it. Then, the iBooks will automatically sync to your iPad.
This traditional way works on a computer. If you don't mind erasing data on the target device, start with the following instructions.
How do I sync iBooks across devices via iTunes?
1. Connect your source iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and run the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. When connected, tap the iPhone icon at the upper left corner of the iTunes window, choose Books from the left panel, and check the Sync books option. Next, select the All books or Selected books option and hit the Apply button below to sync iBooks from the iPhone to your computer.
3. Disconnect the source iPhone and connect the target iPhone to the computer. After that, click the iPhone icon at the top left corner, tap Summary, and press the Restore Backup option under Backups. Finally, select the latest backup file and click the Restore button to start copying the iBook backups to your new device.
People also read: Easily Transfer iBooks from iPhone to PC
AirDrop is a built-in file sharing service on the 4th generation of iPad or later or iPhone 5 or newer running iOS 7 and up. With AirDrop, you can transfer iBooks, contacts, photos, etc., from one iDevice to another.
How to AirDrop iBooks from iPhone to iPhone?
1. Connect both iOS devices to the same network. Afterward, open the Control Center and turn on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirDrop. Then select Everyone or Contacts Only on the next screen.
2. On the source device, open the iBooks app, select My Books at the bottom, and click the iBook you want to transfer.
3. Tap the Share icon > AirDrop and hit the target device.
4. Unlock the target device and press Accept to receive the iBooks.
See also: Here is a full guide on how to transfer contacts from an iPhone to an Android device.
You can also sync iBooks, calendars, documents, and other files with iCloud. For that, you need to sync the iBooks from your iPad to iCloud and then sign in to another device with the same Apple ID.
Follow the specific steps below to sync iBooks across devices:
1. Go to iPad's Settings > tap your name > click iCloud > switch on iBooks option.
2. Return to Settings > click iBooks > find and enable the Sync Bookmarks and Notes, Sync Collections, and Online Content.
3. Open Settings and log in with the same Apple ID on your iPhone. Later, tap your name > iCloud > toggle on the iBooks option, and it will sync iBooks from iCloud to your device.
That's all for how to transfer iBooks from iPhone to iPad. As you can see, the easiest and most direct way is Coolmuster Mobile Transfer. You don't need to experience complex setup on both devices nor consume any cellular data. What's more, the program is light in size, secure to use, and fast in the data processing. So, go downloading it and have a try!