Although Android tablets are more affordable, many people still prefer iPads for a more smooth operating system and higher screen definition. But switching from Android to iPad is not only about changing new devices. It also bothers you with the data migration between two different operating systems. So, how to transfer videos from Android to iPad painlessly?
Luckily, this post shares you with seven optional methods that work with or without a computer. You will easily find the right solution from a wide range of options.
As most programs work more stable on a computer, transferring videos from Android to iPad on a computer makes the process much easier and user-friendly to go. This part will introduce three step-by-step methods that work on a computer: Android to iPad Transfer tool, Android File Transfer, and iTunes.
1.1 How to Transfer Movies from Android to iPad with Android to iPad Transfer (Recommended)
1.2 How to Send Videos from Android to iPad via Android File Transfer
1.3 How Do I Transfer Videos from Android to iPad Using iTunes
Android to iPad Transfer is the easiest and fastest method among the top seven methods we will cover today. Generally, this software supports moving contacts, photos, music, videos, ringtones, and other media files between iOS and Android devices in one click.
Unlike iTunes and other similar apps, the biggest advantage of this software is that it won't cause data loss during the migration process, which positively deals with user's concerns. Thus, who won't love it?
Besides, users don't need to worry about compatibility issues at all. Since it works well with all iPad models running iOS 6.0 to iOS 16 and Android devices with Android 4 or higher, devices like iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S21+/S21 Ultra, LG V60/V50/V40 are fully supported.
How do I transfer video files to my iPad from Android in one click?
1. Connect Android and iPad to the computer.
At first, download and install the Android to iPad Transfer app on your computer. Next, please launch the program and connect both devices to the computer via suitable USB cables. Once connected, it will show Connected in the devices' position.
Kindly note that the Android device should be in the Source position. If necessary, tap the Switch button in between to switch them.
2. Transfer videos from Android to iPad.
It will display all the Android device data on the screen in three categories - Contacts, Photos, and Media. To move Android videos to iPad, tick the Media option, which contains your video files, and hit the Start to Copy button below to sync to iPad.
Android File Transfer is a popular Android computer suite developed by Google to help you solve various Android data transfer and management issues on a Windows or Mac computer. To transfer videos from Android to iPad, you need first to export the Android videos to your computer, then import the videos to your iPad via Finder or iTunes.
The whole process is rather complicated. If you still want to attempt it, follow the steps below.
How do I transfer files from Android to iPad via Android File Transfer?
1. Connect your Android device to the computer. On Windows PC, open Android's internal memory and find the videos in the DCIM folder > Camera. If you use a Mac, install Android File Transfer, run it, and click the DCIM > Camera to access the video files.
2. Select the wanted video files and drag & drop them into a computer folder. After that, disconnect your Android device and connect the iPad to the computer.
3. Launch iTunes on macOS Mojave or earlier and PC or open Finder on macOS Catalina. When the iPad icon appears in iTunes (or Finder) window, click File > Add to Library > locate the videos you want to sync > tap Open to add them to the iTunes library.
4. Click the iPad icon followed by Movies, check the Sync Movies option, and hit the Apply/Sync button to sync videos to your iPad.
iTunes is the most widely used app in the iOS ecosystem. As an Apple verified traditional method, iTunes is undoubtedly trustworthy and secure to use. However, you lose data on the target iPad after transfer. Moreover, the transfer speed is prolonged, and iTunes may also crash during the process.
Here's how it works.
1. Use a USB cable to connect your Android device and the computer. Once the computer detects your Android device, navigate to Portable Devices under This PC, tap your Android phone and Internal Storage, and find the DCIM folder.
2. Copy the videos you want to transfer and paste them to the desired computer location. If you use a Mac, you have to install Android File Transfer to access the videos.
3. Eject your Android device from the computer and install iTunes on your PC. Later, plug your iPad into the PC via a USB cable. Once detected, tap the iPad icon in the iTunes window > Photos > tick Sync Photos > select All photos and albums and Include videos > tap Apply.
Can you transfer videos from Android to iPad without using a computer? Yes. Move to iOS and SHAREit connect your Android and iPad wirelessly, and you can move all data from Android to iPad. Besides, other third-party apps like Google Drive and Dropbox also transfer files from Android to iPad via Wi-Fi.
Nonetheless, these two apps only support transferring limited files, such as documents, videos, photos, etc.
2.1 How Do I Transfer Videos from Android to iPad via Move to iOS
2.2 How Can I Send Videos from Android to iOS with Google Drive
2.3 How Do I Transfer Videos from My Phone to My iPad via Dropbox
2.4 How to Transfer Files from Android to iPad Using SHAREit
Move to iOS is Apple's solution to transfer videos from Android to iPad. As the whole process depends on the Wi-Fi network, it may be slow to transfer large videos.
To transfer videos from Android to iPad via Move to iOS:
1. Install Move to iOS on your Android device and give all necessary permissions. After that, tap Continue, agree to the terms and conditions, and press Next to move on.
2. Set up your new iPad. When you reach the Apps & Data screen, select the Move Data from Android option and tap Continue to get a six- or ten-digit code. (Note: If you have set up your iPad before, you need to erase your iPad from Settings > General > Reset first, and that will cause data loss.)
3. Enter the code on your Android device to establish a connection between the two devices. When the Transfer Data screen shows on your Android device, choose Videos and touch Next to start sending videos to your iPad.
Tips: Want to move contacts from your iPad to Android? You can learn about 5 effective ways in this post.
Like Move to iOS on iPad, Google Drive is Google's official way to upload Android files to Google Drive and access data across different platforms. It only offers 15GB of free storage shared with Google Photos, Gmail, and Google account to every user. So, you have to upgrade the storage plan when it is insufficient.
Follow the given steps to transfer videos from Android to iPad:
1. Open Google Drive on your Android phone, sign in with your Gmail account, and tap the + icon > Upload.
2. Choose the wanted videos on your Android device and hit the Upload button to upload them to your Gmail account.
3. Install Google Drive on your iPad and enter the same Gmail account and password to sign in. Later, locate the uploaded videos under My Drive and tap the More option > Download to save them to your iPad.
Dropbox, another option to transfer videos from Android to iPad, works wirelessly on Android and iPad. After uploading the videos to your Dropbox account, you can watch the videos online or offline on your iPad.
How to transfer videos from Android to iPad via Dropbox? Check these operations.
1. Install Dropbox on both Android and iPad and log in with the same Dropbox credentials.
2. Launch Dropbox on your Android device, tap the + icon at the lower-right corner, and choose the Upload Files option. After selecting the videos to transfer, hit the Upload icon.
3. Run Dropbox on your iPad, discover the videos you uploaded and enjoy them online or download them to your iPad.
People also like: How to Recover Photos from iPad without Backup? (Top 2 Ways)
Wonder how to transfer videos from Android to iPad via Bluetooth? Because Android and iPad run different operating systems, you cannot directly transfer videos from Android to iPad using Bluetooth. However, some apps may need to use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to connect devices during the transfer process, like SHAREit.
With SHAREit, you can send contacts, messages, videos, and other data from your Android to iPad straightforwardly.
1. Download and launch SHAREit on both devices.
2. On your Android device, tap Start > Send > Select Files, choose the videos you want to transfer, and hit the Send button. When it asks for permission to use Bluetooth and GPS, enable them.
3. On your iPad, touch Receive and grant necessary permissions. Next, wait for the Android device to detect the nearby iPad. Once detected, choose the iPad to make a connection and start the transfer process.
That's all for how to transfer videos from Android to iPad. It is incredibly easy to make the data transfer if you use the Android to iPad Transfer software. Additionally, the connection is simple, too. You don't need to do too many complex settings with your devices, like Move to iOS or SHAREit. Also, it won't cause any data loss on iPad like iTunes.
Of course, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Android File Transfer also do a great job. However, these apps put too much stress on wireless transfer, which slows down the transfer speed. Yet, Android File Transfer does not directly transfer files without the help of iTunes or Finder.
Therefore, only Android to iPad Transfer is the best choice for you. Why don't you have a try?