- Winnie TP asked in Motorola Community
There are times when we forget the lock screen password or the fingerprint or facial recognition goes wrong. So, how to reset a Motorola phone that is locked? Don't panic! We will explain four simple solutions to help you reset your locked Motorola phone successfully.
Part 1. How to Factory Reset a Locked Motorola Phone by Hard Reset
Part 2. How to Get into a Locked Motorola Phone via Android Unlock
Part 3. How to Factory Reset a Motorola Phone that Is Locked via Safe Mode (Third-party App Lock)
Part 4. How Do You Bypass a Motorola Lock Screen with Gmail
Hard reset will erase any data and settings from your Motorola phone. Generally, we don't recommend you try this unless there is nothing important on your device.
How to factory reset Motorola without a password?
1. Make sure that your Motorola phone has at least 30% battery before continuing. Then, power it off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously until you see the device logo on the screen.
3. Press the Volume Down button to scroll down to the Recovery mode and tap the Power button to confirm the operation.
4. Press the Volume Down button to select the Wipe data/factory reset option and touch the Power button to confirm. Then wait for a while until it finishes factory reset.
5. Use the Volume buttons to choose the Reboot system now option. Once done, your Motorola phone will be unlocked.
You might like:
Would you like a professional Motorola backup program? Here are 7 excellent tools for your reference.
You can easily bypass HTC pattern lock with these useful methods. Let's read this guide.
Android Unlock is the simplest way to reset the locked Motorola phone. If you are a novice at computer techniques, this foolproof tool is undoubtedly the optimal choice you can try.
Key features of Android Unlock:
* Remove all screen lock types: Pattern, PIN code, fingerprints, face unlock, and password.
* Everyone can handle it without knowing any tech knowledge.
* Provide on-screen instructions in each step.
* Work with all mainstream Android brands running Android 2.1 to the latest version, like Motorola Moto g60/Moto g40/Moto g30/Moto g10/Moto g9/Moto g8/Motorola Edge/Edge Plus/Razr/G Stylus/G Power/One Hyper/One Action/One Zoom/One/One Vision/Moto E6/E5 etc.
How to reset Motorola phone when locked out in one click?
1. Install and open the software on your computer and click Screen Unlock from the toolbox. Next, plug your Motorola phone into the computer using a USB cable and select the Unlock Android Screen mode on the interface.
2. Choose your device model from the list and tap Next. After that, get your Motorola phone into the Download mode by following the on-screen instructions. Then the program will install the recovery package to your locked Motorola phone.
3. After installation, click the Remove Now button to start unlocking your device.
If you have used a third-party app to lock your Motorola phone, you can remove the screen lock by entering your device into the Safe mode.
How do you unlock a locked Motorola phone via Safe mode?
1. Unlock your Motorola phone and press & hold the Power button for seconds until the Motorola logo shows up on the screen.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button until the transparent characters Safe mode appears on the screen. This process will take about 45 to 60 seconds.
3. Once your Motorola phone boots into the Safe mode, it will automatically remove the third-party lock screen. Then you can reset data, clear caches, or uninstall the third-party lock app.
If you wish to exit the Safe mode after that, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds to power your device off. Later, reboot your phone, and it will restart without the Safe mode.
Check if you need: How can you fast transfer files from an iPhone to a Motorola phone? Follow this guide, please.
The last resort to reset a Motorola phone is using Gmail ID and password, especially when using an old Motorola device that runs Android 4.4 or earlier versions.
Follow the instructions below to factory reset Moto g6 or earlier:
1. Enter the wrong passcode five times consecutively until the Forget Password/Pattern option is activated.
2. Tap the Forget Password/Pattern button and sign in with the Gmail account and password associated with your Motorola phone.
3. If successful, it will bypass the lock screen on your phone. Remember that a stable network connection will make the process seamless.
Which way do you prefer after understanding how to reset a Motorola phone that is locked? In my opinion, you can make Android Unlock your prior choice since it is simple, fast, and user-friendly to use. Of course, you can also try other ways if you are interested.
If you have anything to let us know, feel free to tell us in the comments.