"I need to send my iPad in for service since it will not power on. How can I turn off Find My for the iPad if I cannot power it on?"
- Apple Support Community
Find My iPhone is a built-in security feature with Apple operating system in iOS 9 and above that allows you to remotely locate, call, or erase the device if it is mislaid or lost. If you bought a second-hand iPhone with the Find My iPhone enabled, you will need to disable the feature, especially when resetting or erasing your device. But how to turn off Find My iPhone without a password? This tutorial covers the most efficient ways.
1. What Is Find My iPhone? Should I Disable It?
Find My iPhone is a systematic security feature Apple added to all Apple devices to locate and protect your device security in case it is lost or stolen.
Key features of Find My iPhone:
Since iOS 13, Find My iPhone and Find My Friends have been combined into one feature named Find My. Usually, we recommend you switch on the Find My iPhone feature to protect your device. However, you must turn it off when you want to erase or reset your iDevice.
2. Why Do You Need to Turn Off Find My iPhone?
When selling, giving away, or donating your iPhone to someone or some organizations, you need to toggle off Find My iPhone so that the new owner can use it with his Apple ID.
Besides, if you suspect someone is stealing or hacking your device data or your iPhone is stolen or lost, you can turn off this feature.
Apart from that, if you purchased a second-hand iPhone, you must disable Find My iPhone and remove the previous owner's Apple ID before you can use it like new.
3. Does Factory Reset Disable Find My iPhone?
No, the factory reset won't turn off Find My iPhone, you must disable it before resetting or restoring your device.
Maybe you like: When your iPhone contacts is missing, you can open this link to learn useful methods to restore them.
This part introduces four feasible ways to remove Find My iPhone/iPad without a password for iOS 7 and later versions. Refer to them one by one to find the most appropriate way to turn off Find My iPhone/iPad on your device.
If your iDevice runs iOS 7, you can easily delete the iCloud account to remove Find My iPad without a password.
1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Delete Account. It may require several attempts before success.
2. Your device may get stuck on the screen. Press and hold the Power button to power it off and turn it on in one minute.
3. Open Settings > iCloud > click Delete Account. After that, it will remove your iCloud account and disable Find My iPhone.
You might need: How can you recover your permanently deleted videos from your iPhone? Here are 5 ways for your reference.
Suppose your iPhone runs iOS 8 to iOS 10. In that case, you can try the DNS method to turn off Find My iPhone without a password. It will avoid authenticating the iCloud account and temporarily disabling Find My iPhone. When you restart your iDevice, Find My iPhone will be enabled again.
How to deactivate Find My iPhone without Apple ID password?
1. Open Settings > Wi-Fi > tap the i icon next to your Wi-Fi network.
2. Change the DNS server information to one of the following:
3. Hit the Return icon to go back to the last page and tap Done to save changes.
See more: Is it easy to recover deleted photos from an iPhone without backup? Yes, follow this guide and you will know the solutions.
This way uses the technical loophole on iOS 11/12 to disable the Find My iPhone feature without a password. If your device fulfills the system requirement, continue with the following steps.
How to turn off Find My iPhone without a password for free?
1. Head over to Settings > tap your name > iCloud.
2. When asked, enter a random number in the Password field and hit Done at the top-right corner. Then, tap OK on the notification that reminds you the password is incorrect.
3. Tap Cancel. Later, the iCloud section will reappear.
4. Press and hold the Description field, and tap Delete to remove the account, followed by Done. Later, the iCloud main section will reappear, and it will turn off Find My iPhone automatically.
Read more: Why do bookmarks disappear from an iPhone or iPad? If you want to solve this problem, read this guide.
The best way to disable Find My iPhone/iPad on your device is using iOS Unlock. The amazing tool can remove the Apple ID and iCloud activation lock without a password in a few clicks and turn off Find My iPhone during the process. Besides, it also easily unlocks the screen passcode, Face ID, and Touch ID.
The highlights of iOS Unlock:
How to turn off Find My iPhone without a password on iOS 14?
01Install and open iOS Unlock on your computer. Afterward, click Screen Unlock > Unlock Apple ID to continue.
02Connect your iDevice to the computer, unlock your device, and trust the computer.
03Following the on-screen instructions to reset the iPhone settings and restart it. After that, it will start the unlocking process automatically.
04The program will unlock your Apple ID automatically. Once finished, the Find My iPhone option will be disabled or out of function on your device.
Assume you still remember the Apple ID password. You can disable Find My iPhone in the following two ways.
The following instructions work on iOS 14 or higher versions with two-factor authentication enabled.
How to turn off Find My iPhone by resetting the Apple ID password?
1. Open the iPhone's Settings > tap your name > Password & Security.
2. Click Change Password and follow the on-screen prompts to reset the password.
3. Type in the current password and enter & confirm the new password.
4. Tap Change Password and sign in to your iCloud account.
5. Open Settings > iCloud > turn off Find My iPhone > enter your new Apple ID password > tap Turn Off.
You can sign into icloud.com and perform the task remotely if you know the Apple ID password.
1. Log into iCloud.com from a computer browser and tap All Devices.
2. Select your iPhone/iPad and click Erase iPhone > Remove from Account > Remove. That's done!
As for how to turn off Find My iPhone without a password, you can select any way from above to complete the task according to your factual situation. For iPhone or iPad models with iOS 14.2 and later, I suggest you try iOS Unlock. It's fast and foolproof to use.
If you have something to tell us, please leave a comment below.