How to Manage Text Messages on Android Smartphone?
App developers have two choices when it comes to hosting their apps, they can choose to offer their apps for free or they can choose to sell them. Since there are hundreds of SMS managing apps available on Google Play Store, it is important for users to pick up the right one that is worth trying. When one buys a new Android device, storage space provided is usually large which is ample enough to install apps and save information in it. Thanks to innovation, Android devices have the ability of allowing users to add external memory cards through a microSD slot. However, SMS messages are generally located in the phone's memory that is limited and we guess you are always popped up with a hint message shows the storage space is insufficient. You are eager to manage Android text messages so as to free up more phone space.
To manage SMS on Android mobile phone, you need to seek for an Android SMS Manager. Coolmuster Android Assistant or Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac is designed to help the user manage their text messages, as well as contacts, photos, videos, music, apps and documents on Android mobile phone or tablet from their PCs or Mac computers. When users connect their Android devices to their computer, the application allows the user to send text messages from computer to any phone number directly. You can also delete text messages that are no longer in use. The application helps you to manage your media files such as your music, photos and videos, as well as adding, editing and deleting contacts. Even it allows you to install, uninstall and backup Android apps.
In the following paragraph, we are going to show you how to use the Android SMS Manager app to manage, send and delete text messages on your Android smartphone in a convenient and appealing way.
Android SMS Manager: Manage/Backup/Send Android Messages on Computer
Step 1. Run the SMS manager for Android
Download and install the recommended Coolmuster Android Assistant on your computer. Launch it and connect your Android phone with the same computer via USB cable or Wi-Fi. Check if the USB debugging on your Android phone has been opened. If so, Android Assistant will start to detect your Android phone.
Follow the below instruction to enable USB debugging. If you did it before, you can skip to next step.
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
After you finish the USB debugging, you can go to your device screen to tap the "Allow" option. Then, the parameter information of your device, including phone model, system version and storage space size will be shown in the main interface.
Step 2: Manage SMS messages on your Android phone
To manage your Android phone text messages, click on the SMS icon from the left panel. Then, all the existing text messages on your Android phone are displayed on the right panel.
- Transfer SMS from Android phone to computer: select the text messages you want to transfer to your computer and then click the button of "Export" to save them to txt files.
- Remove Android text messages: you can also delete text messages quickly by clicking the button of "Delete".
- Send SMS from computer: click the "Send" button to bring out the "Send SMS" window. Type the phone number to which you want to send the SMS and input the characters in the blank area. After that, click "Send SMS" to send the text message.
Coolmuster Android Assistant supports all popular Android phones, such as Google, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony, etc.