9 Ways to Transfer Android Photos to Mac
It is not uncommon for Android users to take all kinds of different pictures from time to time. In some cases, it may be a special event that people want to capture at that moment to look at later. In either case, some people may decide to transfer their photos from their android to their mac. The reasons for these transfers can vary. Two of the most common reasons is to store them on their mac hard drive to have a backup. Or, the user of the Android may transfer their photos to their mac so that they can easily be edited.
Top Way to Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
Coolmuster Android Assistant, or Android Assistant for Mac is one of the most recommended approaches to transfer photos from Android to Mac. It is simple to use and features with great compatibility ability to solve all Android management works. It is an excellent option you can depend on to transfer your Android photos to Mac.
Key features of Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac:
- Transfer photos between Android and Mac with 1 click.
- Perform the photos transfer in a risk-free way, without any original quality loss.
- Restore all the photos that you have backed up on the Mac to your Android phone with 1 click.
- Take screenshot on your Android device anytime you like.
How to Use Android Assistant for Mac to Transfer Android Photos to Mac:
Step 1. Click the download buttons above to install and launch the Android Assistant for Mac on your computer. Then, connect your Android device to the Mac via a USB cord. The program will detect your Android mobile phone and you may be required to enable USB debugging on your phone at first.
Step 2. Go to "Super Toolkit" on the top menu and you will enter the 1-click backup and restore window. Just choose the option of "Backup" to bring up the file choosing dialog, from which you can choose the "Photos" category directly.
Step 3. Choose an output location on your Mac to save these backups. Then click on "Back Up" button to save all the photos to the destination on your Mac.
In addition to Coolmuster Android Assistant, there are also many other apps that can help you to transfer photos from Android devices to Mac. Next, we will introduce 8 popular apps and show how to use them to transfer Android photos to Mac step by step.
Other 8 Ways to Transfer Android Photos to Mac
If you are looking for a software product that will allow you to transfer all of your photos from your Android device to your Mac, you should take advantage of the features that DropBox offers to you for free. Dropbox is built on a cloud based services platform so it can be used by those who have signed up for one of their accounts. The size of your photos can make a difference in how much you can do for free, however, since there are some limits embedded in this service that dictates how much can be transferred free. For instance, with dropbox requirements, you can transfer a maximum of 2 gigabits at this time. Here are some basic steps to get you started.
Step 1. Install Dropbox on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Connect Android device to Mac Computer via a USB cable
Step 3. Once installed and connected, you can have the photos on your Android synced automatically.
So, this solution is very simple for virtually any user who needs these types of services.
Another viable option for transferring all of your photos from your Android device to your mac computer is Google Drive. Similar to the functionality and features included in drop box, Google drive is also a software application that can help users with making these types of transfers without a lot of unnecessary hassles. With Google Drive, all the user has to do is take advantage of the features that will allow the user to utilize their auto upload feature. With this type of account, the user will also have the access to upload as much as 15 gigabytes without having to pay money out of pocket. In fact, most users will enjoy this option because it is an integrated solution that provides file transfers between different platforms like Android and Google. Also, users will find this process very easy to perform since it gives them away navigate files via folders on their drive. Here are a few basic steps to help get you started.
Step 1. Install Google Drive on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Connect Android device to Mac Computer via a USB cable.
Step 3. Once installed and connected, you can have the photos on your android synced automatically to Google Drive by transferring files via platforms.
When transferring photos from Android to a Mac computer, some people prefer the use of AirDroid. AirDroid is also a free application that can be used to make this process simple to perform. With this application, the user can transfer all of their photos between platforms via the use of the web, a wireless connection, Windows and by a Mac computer. Therefore, if you want to use AirDroid as one of your free options, you use this app to make these transfer effortless. With the use of this application, the user can make the transfer between Android and the Mac computer by using the following steps.
1. Install AirDroid app on the mac computer
2. View real-time screen of all of your Android devices so that you can see which photo files that need to be transferred.
3. Transfer photo files from your android device to your Mac Computer via the use of a shared clipboard content feature.
If you want to eliminate the need for using a USB cable to connect the two platforms, Android and Mac Computer user, the Software Data Cable application is perfect for these situations. In fact, you will not only get rid of the USB cable for these file transfers but eliminate the need for installing additional drivers to make this kind of transfer. This is because the software data cable application gives the user the capability to send photos remotely from anywhere at any time. Here are some basic steps to get you started.
1. Install the Software Data app on your mac computer
2. View Android photos so that you can see which photo files that need to be transferred.
3. Auto sync files from Android or other cloud based applications to your mac Computer.
Image Capture is an ideal way to help you transfer Android photos to Mac. It enables you to preview and select the photos for transfer in thumbnail view, which makes the photos transfer more accurate and much easier.
1. Download and install Image Capture app on your Mac and connect your Android device to the Mac using a USB cable.
2. Launch Image Capture and go to the "Devices" list to choose your Android device. Select the photos you want to transfer and click on the "Import" button.
3. You will be asked to choose a location on your Mac to save the transferred photos.
Preview is a standard app on Mac OS X, which not only allows you to view images, but also copy photos from smartphones, tablet, as well as HD cameras.
1. Connect your Android device to the Mac, and launch "Preview".
2. Go to the "File" menu and choose "Import from <device name>".
3. Select the photos you want to transfer and click the button of "Import".
Using Android File Transfer is a traditional way to transfer photos from Android device to Mac. Please be advised that this app only works for Android 3 or later version and Mac OS x 10.5 or later.
1. Go to the website of Android File Transfer and download it. Install and launch the program to get ready.
2. Connect your Android device to the Mac via a standard USB cable. Once connected, the app will automatically open the folders in the Android device as long as the device is unlocked.
3. Go to the folders that your photos are stored, such as DCIM and Pictures, to select the photos that you want to transfer. Then, select a destination folder to save the photos and begin the transfer process.
Finally, you can try iPhoto to transfer photos from Android to Mac. iPhoto is a wonderful photos management app. Below is the detailed steps of using iPhoto to do the photos transfer from Android to Mac.
1. Download and install iPhoto on your Mac. Connect your Android phone to the Mac with a USB cable. The connected Android phone will be recognized by the Mac automatically and you should change the USB setting to PTP mode.
2. Once your Android phone is connected successfully, iPhoto will open automatically and display you with a management window. Just choose the photos you want to transfer and select a destination folder to save them.