How to Sync iPhone and iPad? Check the Full Guide Here
If you are an iOS device lover, it would be ideal for you to know how to sync iPhone and iPad. If you have just acquired a new iPhone or iPad, how to synchronize iPhone and iPad from a previous iOS device will probably be your biggest worry. In order to guarantee the crucial data is present on both iPad and iPhone, you would possibly think on "how do I sync my iPhone to my iPad?" Well, in this article, we will take you through some of the viable tactics you can utilize to sync iPhone and iPad.
Part 1: How to Sync iPhone to iPad with One Click?
Part 2: How to Sync iPhone and iPad Selectively?
Part 3: How to Sync iPhone to iPad without Computer?
Part 4: How Do I Sync My iPhone to My iPad with iTunes on Computer?
When it comes to synchronizing iPad and iPhone, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is the best application to use. Here are the primary features of the program:
* Aside from integrating a single click to transfer data between two devices, the app supports both iOS and Android devices.
* It supports the transfer of SMS, contacts, music, call logs, photos, videos, applications, eBooks, from Android to Android.
* It supports the transfer of various data and documents from iOS to iOS devices.
* It allows the transfer of eBooks and contacts from Android to an iOS device.
* It provides transfer of eBooks, SMS, contacts, images, videos, and music from an iOS to Android.
* It is extensively compatible with all models of iDevices and Android gadgets, including the latest iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPad Pro, the new iPad, iPad Air, iPad 4/3/2/1, iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPad touch, etc.
Steps to sync files from iPhone to iPad via Coolmuster Mobile Transfer
- To make your iPhone and iPad recognized by the application, please install the latest iTunes on your computer.
- Connect the two devices to the computer through working USB cables.
- Avoid disconnecting any iOS device before the entire process completes.
Here is how to sync iPhone to iPad:
> When syncing iPad to iPhone or iPhone to iPad, ensure that the two devices are successfully connected to the PC, and then launch the program.
> Go to the main interface. From the transferring content list, check the wanted contents. The program supports notes, contacts, bookmarks, calendars, and books.
> Click the "Start Copy" option to start the moving process instantly.
If you failed to connect your iOS device, please check here.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant is the best application to use when syncing iPad to iPhone selectively. The following are the incredible features possessed by this app:
* It scans and displays the files in your device on the main interface automatically.
* It quickly and straightforwardly exports a backup of all data from iDevice to PC or iTunes.
* It supports multiple files such as messages, contacts, videos, images, notes, music, books, bookmarks, applications and calendars, etc.
* It imports bookmarks, books, calendars, contacts and several other files from PC to iOS devices.
* It integrates quick yet straightforward 1-2-3 steps to export and import data on your iDevices.
* The application is compatible with all generations of iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
1. How to selectively export files from iPhone to a computer via Coolmuster iOS Assistant
After downloading and installing the right program to your PC, you are needed to connect your iDevice via the original USB. In most cases, your device will be recognized by the program automatically.
This app can transfer everything as outlined above from your iPhone to PC. Therefore, if you want to move other types of files to the PC as a backup, follow the following steps as described in the part of moving contacts:
> Go to the contacts folder and preview its info.
> Select the contacts that you want to move to the PC while previewing.
> Click the "Export" option. Select the correct file output format and start the process.
2. How to import exported files from computer to iPad Via Coolmuster iOS Assistant's Import button
Presently, only bookmarks, calendars, notes, books and contacts can be imported to iOS device from the PC. However, Coolmuster has promised to add other files in the later releases. When importing data to iOS devices, just consider the following steps, taking the calendar as an example:
> Go to the calendar's file tab.
> Click the "Import" option and traverse to the files that you need to move to an iOS device.
> Click the OK button to initiate the process.
Most iPhone users are aware of iCloud. If you aren't aware, it is the cloud service invented by Apple Inc. for its iOS device users. The purpose of this cloud service is giving iOS users access to their videos, messages, and pictures by keeping a backup of the entire data. iCloud makes syncing your iPhone to your iPad a walk in the park. If you are pondering how do is sync my iPad to my iPhone via iCloud, follow the following procedure:
1. Using iCloud Backup (Syncs all content)
Through this method, you can transfer almost all data and settings between your iDevices, except:
- Touch ID settings;
- Files already backed up in iCloud, such as notes, contacts, messages, and iCloud images;
- iCloud music library along Apple Store content;
- Apple Pay info and settings;
Connect your iPhone or iPad to a Wi-Fi network and then follow the following steps to clone it via iCloud:
First Step: Go to Settings, your account and then iCloud on the source iOS device.
Second Step: Tap on "iCloud Backup", select the "Back Up Now" option and wait until the process completes.
Restoring your iDevice from iCloud Backup:
First Step: Switch ON the destination device to start the setup process.
Second Step: Follow the onscreen guidelines and instructions until you get to the "Apps & Data Screen".
Third Step: Select "Restore from iCloud Backup" and log in to iCloud using your Apple credentials.
Fourth Step: Choose the right back up to start the syncing procedure (The process may take a couple of minutes if the size is too big).
2. Using iCloud Syncing (Syncs specific categories)
If you want to sync specific files such as mail, images, calendars, reminders, and contacts between your iPad and iPhone, the process is incredibly fast and simple. If you are speculating on how to sync my iPhone with my iPad, all that you need is sync into your iPad and iPhone with similar Apple ID and select the options that you require to sync. Here are the steps to follow:
First Step: Go to Settings, your account and then iCloud from your iPhone.
Second Step: Switch ON the button next to the "category or categories" you would like to sync between your iPad and iPhone.
Third Step: Repeat the two steps above on your iPad.
The two methods above describe how one can use iCloud to sync iPhone to iPad or iPad to iPhone in one mode to another. Usually, iCloud offers you a limited 5GB of storage, and you may thus require deleting some files to make the process as smooth as possible. In addition, you will need a stable and reliable connection to a Wi-Fi network. Using mobile data isn't the best way to opt when syncing iPhone and iPad via iCloud.
3. Using iTunes Wi-Fi Sync on iOS device
If you don't like connecting your iOS devices with USB cables and waiting for hours for iDevices to sync with iTunes, iTunes Wi-Fi Sync is the real deal for you. The Wi-Fi option enables you to move sync data between iPhone and iPad using iTunes but without a PC. However, you should ensure that the iTunes Wi-Fi is activated before proceeding with the process. Follow the following steps when using this method:
1st Step: Startup iTunes and plug in your iOS devices. Click on the device icon that appears.
2nd Step: Go to the "Options" menu. Tap on the checkbox adjacent to "Sync with this (iPad/iPhone) over Wi-Fi." Tap on "Apply" and eject your iOS devices from the PC.
Since the iTunes Wi-Fi is switched ON, you can move files from one iOS device to another without requiring a PC.
First Step: Take your iPad or iPhone.
Second Step: Tap on "General", then "iTunes Wi-Fi Sync" and finally "Sync Now".
You May Need: How to Fix iPhone Won't Connect to Wi-Fi Problem?
iTunes is a popular program to use when syncing data between iPad and iPhone. Now, if you want to know how to sync your iPad and iPhone on iTunes while using a PC, follow the following steps:
> Launch iTunes program and connect your iDevices to the PC via the original USB cables.
> At the top-left corner, tap the device icon.
> On the left side of iTunes window, you will see a list under settings category. Tap on the type of content that you want to sync. Click on the checkbox next to "Sync" if you want to turn ON syncing for a content type.
> Choose the checkbox adjacent to every item that you want to sync.
> At the bottom-right corner, tap on the "Apply" button. Click on the "Sync" button if the syncing process fails to begin automatically.
All the methods discussed in this article are for syncing data between iPad and iPhone or iPhone and iPad. Your demands and preference will play a huge part in determining the best method to employ. However, if you want to have the smoothest time when syncing iPad and iPhone, we highly recommend you to use Coolmuster Mobile Transfer or Coolmuster iOS Assistant programs.
The two applications are not only fast and reliable, but they will also allow you to transfer multiple types of data between your iOS devices. With the above info, no user should be pondering on how to sync my iPad and iPhone.