"I searched articles, but I cannot find how I can download my music from the Apple Music app on my M1 Mac running Big Sur to my iPhone. I don't want to use iCloud music sync, and I wouldn't say I like it. I want to transfer my files to my phone like you used to be able to with iTunes. When I plug my phone up, I don't see an option to view it as a drive to drag and drop files from Apple Music into. Did they stop allowing this, or is it a hidden feature?"
- MacRumors Forum
Listening to music probably occupies most of your leisure time. When finding some wonderful music singles or streaming music on a computer, you may think it's more convenient to enjoy music on your iPhone.
This post introduces how to transfer music from a computer to an iPhone 11. Just go over the five effective solutions below and find your favorite way.
Way 1. How to Add Music to iPhone X from Computer via iPhone Music Transfer
Way 2. How to Transfer Music from PC to iPhone with iTunes
Way 3. How to Transfer Songs from Computer to iPhone X Using Dropbox
Way 4. How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone 12 via Email
Way 5. How to Put Music on iPhone 11 from Mac with AirDrop
Seeking a flexible and user-friendly way to transfer music from iPhone X from a computer? iPhone Music Transfer completely fulfills your need. You can preview and pick the songs you wish to transfer to your iPhone. Besides, unlike iTunes or iCloud, it won't overwrite the existing content on your iPhone X.
The key features of iPhone Music Transfer:
How to transfer music from PC to iPhone without iTunes?
1. Install iPhone Music Transfer on your computer and connect your iPhone to the PC using a USB cable.
2. Click Music on the left panel and wait for all songs to be loaded. After that, tap the + icon on the top, select the desired music from the pop-up window, and hit the Open button to import them to your iPhone.
iTunes is a default method to transfer music from a computer to iPhone. First, you need to add the music to the iTunes library, then sync the iTunes with your iPhone. Note that iTunes does not support formats like FLAC nor keep the existing iPhone data. If you don't mind, continue with the following steps.
How to copy music to iPhone X from a computer with iTunes?
1. Launch the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Next, click File at the top-left corner > choose the Add to Library option > import the wanted music from your computer to the iTunes library.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and click the iPhone icon when it appears under Devices.
3. Click Music on the left window, check the Sync Music option, and select either to transfer the Entire music library or the Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres to your iPhone.
4. Hit Apply to start the transfer process.
See also: Would you like to transfer groups of videos from your Mac to an iPad? Is it time-consuming? Let's see this powerful guide.
Dropbox is a cloud service that lets you sync music, movies, photos, and other files across different platforms. It provides 2GB of free storage for every user and allows you to download up to 20GB and 10,000 music files from a computer to an iPhone. Please ensure that it has enough storage space before moving on. You can upgrade the storage plan if necessary.
How to put music on iPhone from a computer via Dropbox?
1. Open dropbox.com from a computer browser and sign in with your Dropbox account. Later, tap the Add Files option > pick the songs you want to transfer > click Upload.
2. Run the Dropbox app on your iPhone and log in with the same Dropbox account. Afterward, find the music files you uploaded from the computer and tap the three-dot icon.
3. Tap Download to save the songs to your iPhone.
Maybe you like: If you want to select a useful and reliable Transfer program for your iPhone, please browse this article.
You can also transfer music to iPhone X by sending it via email. However, note that most emailing services limit the attachment size to 25MB. Therefore, the music files larger than 25MB will not be supported, and you will need to send the qualified song one by one.
To send music from the computer to your iPhone via email:
1. On your computer, create an email account and attach the desired music as an attachment to the email.
2. Send the email to another email account.
3. Open the email client app on your iPhone and make sure you're signing in with the same email account.
4. Find the email you just sent and download the attachment to your iPhone.
Check if you need: You can now directly back up your notes on an iPhone. Let's take a look.
AirDrop is a file-sharing feature on all Apple devices. If you own a Mac computer and an iPhone, you can try sharing the music from the Mac to your iPhone 11 via AirDrop. It's free and reliable.
1. Swipe from the bottom to up to open the Control Center on your iPhone.
2. Press and hold the upper-left box with the Wi-Fi icon to unfold the box, tap the AirDrop icon, and choose Contacts Only or Everyone. Then turn on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options.
3. On your Mac, open Finder > select AirDrop on the left side > enable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options if they're turned off.
4. In the next window, pick the Allow me to be discovered by everyone option and tap your iPhone.
5. After connection, choose the songs you want to transfer on your Mac and drag & drop them to the AirDrop window.
6. Hit Accept on your iPhone to accept the music files sent from your Mac.
Have you now understood how to transfer music from a computer to an iPhone 11? I strongly recommend you try iPhone Music Transfer for a secure and easy transfer. Apart from it, you can also select other ways you love according to your need.
If you find this article helpful, please share it with more people.