In iOS 11's official version, you might find out that the Control Center made the most obvious adjustments where you will find a icon called "Screen Mirroring", which can mirror your iOS device's entire screen to Apple TV or stream content to Apple TV or other AirPlay enabled device. But how to use AirPlay on iPhone, iPad or iPod? And what are the conditions to perform AirPlay? Let's get more imformation about it.
What You Can Do with AirPlay:
· You are abled to AirPlay videos and photos from an iOS device to an Apple TV. The photos and videos could be the ones that you have downloaded from iTunes, and even YouTube videos.
· You can AirPlay music from an iOS device to an Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay enabled speakers.
· You can wirelessly share your screen from an iPhone/iPad/iPod to an Apple TV or other compatible HDTV, laptop, Mac, etc.
What You Need to Use AirPlay Mirroring:
· An iOS device with the latest software, including iPhone iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5S, iPad Pro, the new iPad, iPad Air, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod touch and etc.
· An Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with the latest software, or an AirPort Express, an AirPlay-enabled receiver or set of speakers.
· An available Wi-Fi network or WLAN. AirPlay won't work via 3G.
Useful Tips You May Need:
· To mirror your iOS device, please tap "Screen Mirroring" icon in Control Center; to AirPlay audio, please touch and hold the audio card in Control Center and tap AirPlay icon .
· If the two devices are connecting to a different Wi-Fi network, Apple TV will show a code on screen, and you are required to enter the code on your iPhone/iPad/iPod so that the contents can be streamed successfully.
· If you see video but don't hear auido while using AirPlay, please turn up the volume on both iOS device and Apple TV.
· If you can't see AirPlay options in Control Center or you see a message stating "Looking for Apple TV", please check if you have connected the two devices to the same and available Wi-Fi network, or restart the two device and router.
You May Like:
Using AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream what's on your iPhone/iPad/iPod to compatible HDTV and speakers via Apple TV, and mirror everything on iOS device screen to a big screen, such as photos, videos, games and etc. In a word, it would be quite striking to use AirPlay with your iOS device. Now let's see how to enable AirPlay Mirroring and AirPlay contents from iPhone/iPad/iPod to Apple TV.
Step 1. Connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network. And please make sure your iOS device is close to your Apple TV.
Step 2. On youe iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, please swipe up to open Control Center.
Step 3. Find and tap "AirPlay" (or "AirPlay Mirroring" or "Screen Morroring", which is named differently in different iOS version) to turn it on, and choose an Apple TV (or AirPort Express) from the available device list to connect.
Step 4. Then AirPlay will automatically mirror your iOS device screen to Apple TV. Then you might open the files like photo, video, audio, or music from your iOS device to stream on Apple TV automatically.
It is quite easy to turn off AirPlay feature while using, you can refer to the following instructions.
Step 1. Swipe up from the bottom of screen on iPhone/iPad/iPod to bring out Control Center.
Step 2. Find out and tap "AirPlay" icon.
Step 3. Select "Turn Off Mirroring". Then the AirPlay will be stopped right away.