The iPhone error 27, more commonly known as the iTunes error 27, usually happens when you are trying to restore data with iTunes after updating Apple software on your iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/SE. When you get the message "Unknown error (27)" from your iOS device, that means there should be some hardware issue on your iDevice requiring to be solved. But don't worry, you can refer to the methods in this article to fix the iPhone error 27 issue by yourself step by step.
Here's what to check, try them step by step.
1. If iTunes is still running, turn off it and then restart it.
2. Make sure you are running the latest iTunes. If not, please check the link here to download the latest iTunes.
3. Check the third-party security software on your iPhone and computer. The security software, created not by the Apple, may block iTunes to connect with the device, leading to the situation that iTunes cannot recognize iPhone/iPad/iPod, or the device cannot make a backup, restore data, update software, sync files or activate device.
4. Please ensure that the USB cord, computer and network are trusty. Then try a few more times to restore your device.
5. Check for outdated or modified software. If you get the message stating that "the required resource can't be found", your device might have unauthorized iOS modifications, like jailbreaking. Or you need try to downgrade your iOS version.
Before enabling the DFU Mode to fix the iPhone error 27 issue, please note that it will erase all data on your device, including the private files and settings. So it is kindly suggested to make a backup at ordinary times in case of data lost.
1. Enter DFU Mode on your device.
· Launch the latest iTunes on your computer and link your device to computer with a USB cable.
· Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time for a few seconds till the screen goes black.
· Then release the Sleep/Wake button but still hold the Home button. Later, you will be reminded by a message from iTunes, telling that "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode."
2. Restore data with iTunes backup.
Visit "Summary" on iTunes and click "Restore" option to fix the iPhone error 27 issue. After restoring, your device will restart automatically and gets back to normal.
Note: If you are holding an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, please press the Volume Down button instead of the Home button, because there is not a real Home button on iPhone 7 series device any more. And the other steps are the same.
If you are afraid of data lost to fix your iPhone Error 27 issue with above method, it is strongly recommended to use the iOS System Recover to fix the problem. It is a powerful third-party tool, which supports to fix almost all kinds of system issues on iPhone/iPad/iPod, including the iPhone Error 27, iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode, iPhone is in black/blue/red/white screen, iPhone shows Apple logo and etc. And it supports to work with all generations of iOS device, including iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/SE, iPad mini, iPod touch and etc.
Here is the link you might download the software for free. Just download and install it on your on computer and follow the instruction to fix iPhone Error 27 issue.
Here is how to fix your iPhone:
Step 1. Run the software on your computer and connect your iPhone to PC via a USB cable. Select "More tool" > "iOS System Recovery" when you get the main interface of the program.
Step 2. After that, the software might automatically detect your iPhone and show the problem that your iPhone has, like Error 27, Screenshot Not Working, Stuck at Apple logo, Recovery mode and etc. Just click "Start" button to go on.
Step 3. Then you will be asked to confirm the iPhone information before you click "Repair" button to start to fix your iPhone error 27 issue. If the information is right, just click "Repair" button to begin fixing process. If not, just manually select the exact information and then click "Repair" button.
To fix the iOS system issue, the software might download the latest firmware version of your iDevice after detecting your current iOS version.
After fixing the iPhone Error 27 issue with DFU Mode, you might lose some important personal data like contacts, photos, calendars, notes and so on, then you will need the help from a professional Lost Data Recovery - Coolmuster iOS Rescuer to get back the lost data.
Key Functions of the software:
* Recover lost and deleted data on most circumstances, including failure in iOS upgrading; iDevice restored to factory settings, jailbroken or refurbished; get your iOS device lost or stolen, mistakenly deleted data on your device; your device is crashed or damaged; the device is inaccessible due to a forgotten password and etc.
* Support to recover data directly on device or by extracting iTunes backup.
* Support to recover different types of files, including call history, contacts, messages, notes, safari, calendars, voice memos, photos and more.
* Support to preview files in details before recovery. For example, you can preview photos and videos in thumbnails, preview messages, call history and SMS conversations with specific contents.
* Support to work with all generations of iPhone/iPad/iPod, including iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS, iPad air/mini, iPad with Retina display, iPad 2/1 and iPod touch/shuffle/nano/classic.
Guide to use the software:
1. Download and install the program on your computer. Make sure you have installed the latest iTunes on your computer.
2. Launch the program and connect your device to computer with a USB cable. Then the program will detect automatically the connected device and show the interface with two modes, the "Recover from iOS Device" mode and the "Recover from iTunes Backup File" mode. Select and click the first mode for example.
3. Click "StartScan" to make the program scan the files on your device. Wait for a few seconds, you might see all the contained files showing in categories, including the lost ones. Just preview and mark the items that you want to recover and click "Recover" button to get them back.