Copy and Save Android Phone Contacts to Excel Format (CSV or XLS)
Every mobile phone user must have encountered such a problem, you may stored a lot of contacts in the mobile phone, which is very important to your life or work. In order to better protect these contacts, you just want to backup them to your computer and it is best if there is possible to save them as Excel format. Another problem is that you just get a new Android phone, say Samsung Galaxy S8, and want to import hundreds of contacts to it. It would be time-consuming to type the contacts and phone numbers one by one. Any software to help transferring and saving Android contacts to Excel format and restoring them to your Android phone with one click? In this article, we will show you the way.
It's really wonderful to transfer contacts from Android phone to your computer, and the other way around. But contacts database are saved in SIM card or internal flash memory. We can easily transfer media files from phone to computer via USB cord because they are saved in the external memory card. For contats, we need to ask help from professional Android contact extracting tool to help accessing the internal flash drive of a phone and extract them out. Coolmuster Android Assistant (for all Windows versions) or Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac is what you need to bring you through your troubles. In addition to the ability of saving Android phone's contacts to CSV or XLS format, you can also use it to:
Learn More about Coolmuster Android Assistant:
* Not only export phone number, but also copy email address, company's name, home address, and more contacts info to your computer.
* You can delete useless contacts, add new contacts and edit existing contacts on computer directly.
* Other types of phone data like text messages, applications, eBooks, videos, music and more can be transferred between phone and computer easily.
* And you can send text messages from computer to any phone number.
* After copying all the phone data to computer, you can efficiently import them to your phone with only one click on the "Restore" button.
Below is the detailed guide on how to transfer contacts from Android phone to computer and save as Excel format by using this managing tool. Almost all Android-brand phones are supported by this program, such as Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and more. First of all, download the free trial of the program to get ready. Windows and Mac version are both available, just choose the right version according to your situation.
How to Transfer and Save Android Contacts to Excel (CSV or XLS) on Computer?
Step 1. Connect Your Android Phone to Computer
After downloading and installing the Android managing software on your computer, launch it and you will get the program interface prompts you to connect your phone to the computer. Just use a USB cable to connect your phone to the computer and the program will detect the connected phone automatically. If it is the first time to run this software, you may encounter the following picture and be required to enable USB debugging on your phone at first. If your device can be detected by the program, you can directly skip to the next step.
Follow the below instruction to enable USB debugging:
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
After enabling the USB debugging, click "Allow" on your phone to allow the program super user authorization when an Superuser Request pops up. Then, all your phone infomation, including phone model, system version and storage space size will be shown in the main interface like below.
Step 2: Go to the Contacts window
All your phone data are categorized on the top menu. To transfer Android phone's contacts, you can go to click the "Contacts" icon to enter the Contacts window. Navigate to the left panel and click on the "All Contacts" option, then, all the contacts in your phone will show in list on the right window. Mark the contacts you want to backup on your computer and click the button of "Export".
Step 3. Start to export contacts to computer at once
Once you click on the "Export" button, there will be a "Path" dialog appears, asking you to choose an output location where you want to save the exported contacts. Specify an output folder and then click the "Ok" button. Then, all your phone contacts will be exported to the output location immediately, with all the email address, company's name, home address, and more contacts info perfectly kept in the output CSV or XLS file.