"How do I transfer pictures from IM on my iPhone to my photo library?"
- A user from Apple Discussions Communities
As an important tool to communicate with your family, friends, and colleagues, the Messages app contains many precious information and attachments, like photos, videos, emojis, etc. To prevent messages and attachments from disappearing from your iPhone accidentally, you may want to transfer photos from iPhone messages to the computer.
This post shows you how to transfer text message photos from iPhone to a computer in four trouble-free methods in readable formats. Here we go!
Way 1. How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone Text Messages to Computer via Coolmuster
Way 2. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone Messages to Computer with Photos App
Way 3. How to Save Pictures from Text Messages on iPhone to Computer with iTunes
Way 4. How Do You Transfer Photos from a Text Message to Computer via Google Drive
If you wish to transfer photos from iPhone messages to the computer in readable formats like PNG, JPEG, JPG, BMP, etc., and read them whenever you want, look no further than Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery. Unlike iTunes or iCloud, it will only transfer the wanted text photos from your iPhone to a computer without copying other file types.
Why should you choose Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery?
* Back up the existing message and message attachments, including photos, videos, and other files from the iTunes backup file to a computer.
* Recover the deleted messages from your iPhone or iTunes backup file to a computer.
* Preview all the message attachment details and select the desired files to export.
* Widely compatible with all iPhone models (iOS 16 supported), such as iPhone 14/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6, etc.
How to transfer text message photos to the computer selectively?
1. Run Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery on the computer.
Install the program on your computer and select the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode on the left panel.
2. Select an iTunes backup file.
It will scan the default iTunes backup location on your computer. Please choose a backup file from the list and tap the Start Scan button.
Note: If you cannot find the files you want, please click the Select button to pick the iTunes backup file from other customized folders.
3. Export text message photos from iPhone to computer.
Tick off SMS Attachments on the interface and hit the Start Scan button to scan all the message attachments in the iTunes backup file. Next, preview all the attachments check the photos you wish to transfer. Then tap the Recover to Computer button below to save them to your computer.
If you only transfer several photos from text messages to a computer, you can do it with the Photos app. At first, you need to save the pictures from the Messages app to the iPhone local storage. Then, share the saved images to your computer.
How do I transfer photos from iPhone messages to a computer for free?
1. Save the message photos to the Photos app. Open the Messages app on your iPhone, click the conversation containing the photos you need, and tap the Sender's name on the top > i icon. Next, press and hold any image in the conversation, and tap More to select multiple images you want. After that, hit the Save Images option at the lower-left corner to store them in the Photos app.
2. Sync these photos to iCloud. Open iPhone's Settings > Photos > turn on iCloud Photos.
3. Download the photos from iCloud to your computer. Visit icloud.com from a computer browser, sign in with the same Apple ID credentials, and tap the Photos tab. Later, find the message photos you save and select all of them by pressing and holding the Command/Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard. Finally, click the download icon to save the photos to your computer.
Maybe you like:
After saving photos from iPhone messages to the Photos app, you can also use iTunes to sync them to your computer.
How do I transfer a picture from a text message to my computer via iTunes?
1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to it using a USB cable.
2. Once iTunes detects your device, tap the device icon > Photos > check the Sync Photos option and select a folder from the drop-down menu.
3. Tap the Sync button to get them onto your computer.
Why didn't my messages transfer to my new iPhone? If you also meet the same situation, you can click this link to solve it.
You can use an easy iSpoofer alternative to fake GPS on your mobile phone without effort.
You can also transfer photos from iPhone to computer via Google Drive. There're the steps:
1. Install Google Drive on your iPhone and sign in with your Google account.
2. Tap the Add icon > Upload and find and tap the photos you want to transfer. Then click the Upload button to upload them to Google Drive.
3. Open drive.google.com from a computer browser and log in with the same Google account. Afterward, discover the photos you uploaded from your iPhone and download them to your computer.
That's how to transfer text message photos from iPhone to the computer. Undoubtedly, Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery is the optimal method to solve the issue among the four simple ways. You can preview and select the desired photos to transfer to your computer in readable formats and keep the original image quality without data loss.
Of course, the other three ways also work for transferring photos from iPhone messages to the computer. However, you will have to check the storage space before syncing when using iCloud or Google Drive and buy more storage if it's insufficient, and you won't selectively transfer the text photos you want. That's why you should you are recommended to try Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery.