"I have deleted some videos that I did not want to delete. Is there any way of getting them back? I do not want to download some program that could damage or copy data from me."
- Jason Cook from Apple Discussions Community
No matter you want to deduplicate the videos from your iPad to free up more storage or tap the wrong buttons, you may accidentally delete some fantastic videos from your iPad. Stop feeling the end of the day, and you still have the chance to recover deleted videos from the iPad. Please go through the four tested methods below and choose one way to bring them back.
Part 1. Can You Recover Permanently Deleted Videos on iPad?
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPad without Backup via iPad Video Recovery
Part 3. How to Retrieve Deleted Videos on iPad from Recently Deleted Album
Part 4. How to Find Deleted Videos on iPad from iTunes Backup
Part 5. How to Get Deleted Videos Back on iPad from iCloud Backup
Many reasons may result in video loss from your iPad. When you experience the nightmare, you may ask yourself whether it is possible to find the videos back. Yes, you can get the deleted videos back as long as you use the correct method and before new data overwrite them.
Where do deleted videos go on iPad?
Some articles may tell you that the accidentally deleted videos will go to the Trash or Recycle bin so that you can restore them from there. iPad does not work that way. There is no Trash or Recycle bin on the iPad, but there is a similar feature called the Recently Deleted folder, which works like a Trash bin but only keeps the deleted data for up to 30 days.
Therefore, if you delete the videos for more than 30 days or manually clear this folder, the deleted videos will go forever from your iPad. Nevertheless, you can try to use a professional iPad Video Recovery app to recover them.
What do you need to do when losing videos?
When losing videos from your iPad, you'd better stop using your iPad, turn off the Wi-Fi and cellular data, and power it off to avoid creating any new files. In doing so, you will prevent the new files from completely overwriting the deleted videos.
iPad Video Recovery is a professional program that safely recovers the lost videos, contacts, photos, text messages, and other files from your iPad, iTunes, and iCloud backup. It supports over 20 file types and all scenarios that cause video loss on your iPad. If you don't back up your iPad previously and want a high success rate of recovering the deleted videos, you can choose this method to find the videos back.
The highlights of iPad Video Recovery:
* Support to recover deleted contacts, videos, photos, notes, and other files from iOS device directly or from iTunes or iCloud backup.
* 3 quick steps to recover the lost data on your iPad without data loss.
* Apply to many scenarios: accidental deletion, system problem, water-damaged iPad, broken iPad, forget the passcode, device stuck, lost/stolen iPad, etc.
* High success rate, fast speed, and safe to use.
* Widely compatible with all models of iPad (iOS 14 supported), including iPad Pro, iPad Mini 5/4/3/2/1, iPad Mini with Retina display, iPad with Retina display, iPad Air 4/3/2/1, the New iPad, iPad 4/3/2/1, etc.
How to recover permanently deleted videos from the iPad without backup?
1. Plug your iPad into the computer.
Install and open iPad Video Recovery on your computer and connect your iPad to the computer via a USB cable. Next, click the Recover from iOS Device mode from the left window.
2. Scan the iPad data.
Tap the Start Scan button to scan the iPad files. When it finishes, you will see all iPad data in classified categories on the interface.
3. Selectively recover deleted videos from iPad Mini and other series.
Choose Camera Roll from the left sidebar, pull down to select the wanted videos, and press the Recover button at the lower-right corner to start recovering deleted videos to the computer.
Recently Deleted Albums is a built-in feature included in the Photos app on iOS 8 and later versions. It works like a Trash bin, which supports you to find back the deleted photos and videos within 30 days. If you have recently deleted videos from the Photos app, you can retrieve them back with the following steps.
1. Open the Photos app on the iPad, tap Albums, and choose the Recently Deleted folder.
2. If there are videos inside this folder, tap Select and touch the videos you want to recover.
3. Click Recover to get them back to the Photos app. After that, you can back to the Albums or Photos to preview the recovered photos.
Bonus: How to get to Android recovery mode on your Android device? Open this guide that contains all aspects about it.
If you have backed up your iPad to a computer via iTunes, the iTunes backup may include the deleted videos. You can restore the deleted videos to your iPad from the iTunes backup file. However, you cannot preview the backup file, and it often overwrites the existing data on your iPad.
If you don't mind data loss, you can begin with the steps below.
How do I recover permanently deleted videos from my iPad via iTunes backup?
1. Launch the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPad to the computer with a USB cable. For macOS X 10.15 or later users, you can open Finder.
2. Tap Trust on your iPad to authorize this computer. When it appears in the iTunes window, click the iPad icon, choose Restore Backup under the Summary tab, and select the most relevant backup file.
3. Hit Restore to start restoring the backup file to your iPad.
You may also regularly back up your iPad to iCloud. In this case, you can restore the deleted videos from the iCloud backup. But this way will erase all the existing data on your iPad, which means data loss. Thus, think twice before choosing this way.
How to retrieve deleted videos from my iPad with iCloud backup?
1. Go to iPad's Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Data and Settings and follow the on-screen instructions to erase your iPad.
2. The iPad will automatically reset. When you reach the App & Data screen, tap the Restore from iCloud Backup option and sign in with your Apple ID.
3. Select the backup file which contains the lost videos and wait until the restoring process is over.
Although all four methods can recover deleted videos from the iPad, you can easily see the difference between them. The iPad Video Recovery app can help you recover the deleted videos from your iPad without backup or restore the videos from your iTunes or iCloud backup. Whereas the iTunes/iCloud backup only gets the deleted videos back when there is a previous backup file, let alone the data loss it causes to your iPad.
Meanwhile, the Recently Deleted folder is not a practical solution since it only keeps the deleted files for specific days. By comparison, you will find iPad Video Recovery includes all the features you want and is the best choice for you. So, I will highly recommend it to you.
If you encounter any problems when using these methods, please tell us in the comments.