Since released, iPad has become an increasingly sought-after and requisite device in our daily life. After connecting to a compatible keyboard, it even can work as a mini laptop to handle urgent office work. However, it is on such a multi-functional and portable gadget that you may accidentally lose precious data, such as photos, documents, music, and so on. If that is the case for you, how do you recover deleted files from your iPad?
To do you a good turn, I will introduce the eleven top-ranking iPad data recovery programs. Let's check them out one by one.
#1 Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery
#2 iPad File Recovery
#3 Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone
#4 FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery
#5 Syncios iOS Data Recovery
#6 Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery
#7 iMyFone D-Back
#8 UltData – iPhone Data Recovery
#9 Disk Drill
#10 EaseUS MobiSaver
#11 Wondershare Dr.fone – Data Recovery
Want to find the best iPad recovery software to recover data from iPad in one click? Maybe Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery is worth your consideration. Whether you need to find back the deleted items from the iPad itself without backup or from the iTunes backup files, it will fulfill your requirements.
Besides, the best part of the iPad recovery software is that you can preview all scanned-out data and select the specific data you wish to recover.
* Recover deleted and existing data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch directly or the iTunes backup file selectively.
* Recover from iOS Device mode: Recover the deleted and existing contacts and messages from your iPad to the computer and back up the existing files from your iPad to the PC, including notes, reminders, voice memos, photos, etc.
* Recover from iTunes Backup File mode: Restore the deleted and existing contacts, messages, message attachments, calendars, camera roll, photos, notes, note attachments, etc., from the iTunes backup file to your computer without connecting your iPad.
* Preview all files and choose the desired files to recover or back up.
* Keep original file format and quality without any data damage.
* Work with all iPad models (iPadOS 14 supported), such as iPad Pro 5/4/3/2/1, iPad mini 5/4/3/2/1, iPad 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, and so forth.
* Simple and intuitive interface.
* Easy to use, read-only, and secure.
* Allow you to preview all files and selectively recover the wanted data.
* Offer accessible on-screen instructions.
* Recover data to a computer in readable formats.
* Widely compatible with all iPad generations.
* Non-free software.
Price at the time of writing:
* One-year license: $49.95 (5 iDevices and 1 PC).
* Lifetime license: $69.95 (5 iDevices and 1 PC).
* Flexible license starts at $59.95 (10 iDevices and 1 PC).
You may like:
If you wish to recover all the lost data from your iPad safely or from the iTunes or iCloud backup on one app, you cannot miss iPad File Recovery. It can recover up to 19 kinds of data from your iPad under various scenarios and support all iPad Pro/Air/mini and iPad models.
* Recover text messages, iMessages, contacts, notes, photos, calendars, videos, Messenger/Line/Kik/WhatsApp/Viber chats, app photos, etc., from your iPad, iTunes, or iCloud backups to a computer.
* Allow you to preview and pick the wanted data to recover.
* Recover data due to different reasons: Accidental deletion, water damage, system crash, iOS upgrade failure, jailbreak failure, crashed screen, no backup, forget the passcode, stuck in Apple logo/DFU mode/recovery mode, etc.
* High-speed scanning speed and success rate.
* Apply to all iPad models, including iPad Pro 5/4/3/2/1, iPad 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, iPad Air series, and iPad mini-series.
* Easy to operate.
* Read-only and reliable.
* You can preview all data before recovery.
* Selectively recover the wanted files.
* Support numerous file formats and device models.
* Highly compatible with iPadOS 15.
* Not a free iPad recovery software.
* For windows:
Single-user license: $55.96 (Lifetime/1PC).
3-user license: $132.00 (Lifetime/3 PCs).
* For Mac:
Single-user license: $63.96 (Lifetime/1 Mac).
3-user license: $132.00 (Lifetime/3 Macs).
Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone works for data recovery for iPad, although the name may trick you. As an efficient DIY data recovery software for iPad, it can recover lost contacts, photos, and other data from your iPad, iCloud, and iTunes backup files no matter how the files get lost.
* Recover deleted photos, voice memos, videos, contacts, and other files from the iPad, iCloud, and iTunes backup files.
* Support all data loss scenarios: iOS crash, deletion, water damage, jailbreak, lost/stolen iPhone, etc.
* Access encrypted iTunes backup files.
* Work with all iPad models with iOS 14 and below versions.
* Clean and fresh UI.
* Easy to use.
* Available for multiple platforms - iPad, Windows, and Mac.
* Selective scan.
* Only the paid version can recover deleted files.
* Offer no lifetime upgrade service.
* Paid program.
* Standard edition: $39.99 (one-year license/5 devices).
* Toolkit edition: $49.99 (one-year license/5 devices).
FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery is another iPad recovery tool that allows you to recover lost files from your iPad. With support to over 30 kinds of files, you can easily recover all files from the iPad without backup and the iTunes/iCloud backup files.
* Recover WhatsApp/Messenger/Viber/WeChat/Kik/Line messages, contacts, notes, photo stream, etc., from your iPad.
* Three recovery modes to fast recover data from the iDevice directly, iTunes, and iCloud backup files.
* Apply to many situations, including accidental deletion, factory reset, jailbreak, water-damaged/stolen/broken iPhone, and system problem.
* Selective data recovery and restoration.
* Simple to use.
* Preview data before recovery.
* Not support newer iPad models.
* Direct media file recovery from iPad only supports thumbnails.
* For Windows users:
Single-user license: $59.95 (1 PC).
Family license: $99.95 (5 PCs).
* For Mac users:
Single-user license: $69.95 (1 Mac).
Family license: $119.95 (5 Macs).
Whether you misoperate your iPad or accidentally damage it, SynciOS iOS Data Recovery will instantly recover the lost data from your iPad, iTunes, or iCloud without a hassle. Unlike other iPad data recovery tools, which save the recovered data to a computer, this software also restores files to your device.
* Selectively recover the lost data from your iPad, iTunes, or iCloud backups to the computer or iPad.
* Support photos, notes, call logs, calendars, videos, messages, contacts, WhatsApp/iPhoto/Viber data, etc.
* Preview the scanned-out data before recovery.
* Various tough circumstances supported, like the wrong operation, system crash, iOS upgrade, factory settings, jailbreak failure, etc.
* Easy to use.
* Selective restore wanted contents.
* Support restore files to your iDevice and computer.
* The trial version only allows you to view the lost files.
* The recovery process takes some time.
* The update refreshes slow.
* Non-free iPad restoring software.
* One-year license: $39.95 (5 devices/1 PC).
* Lifetime license: $49.95 (5 devices/1 PC).
* Business license: $299 (unlimited devices/1 PC).
Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery provides both free and pro versions for iPad data recovery. With the iPad data recovery app, users can recover photos, notes, messages, and other files from iPad, iTunes, or iCloud backup files. Furthermore, it is fully compatible with iPadOS 13 and earlier and macOS 10.15 and lower versions.
The differences between the free and paid versions are that the free version does not offer lifetime technical support and software update services nor enable you to recover some files. These files include text messages/iMessages, contacts, call logs, photos, WhatsApp/Viber chats, videos, app media data, etc.
* Recover data from iPad directly or from iCloud/iTunes backups.
* Preview data and choose whichever data to recover.
* The Recover from iOS Device mode only supports essential files like contacts, reminders, calendars, call logs, notes, SMS, WhatsApp messages, and Safari bookmarks.
* The Recover from iTunes/iCloud Backup mode support extra media content, including photos, videos, voicemails, voice memos, message attachments, etc.
* Work with iPadOS 13 and below (iPad 4/2/1, iPad Air 2/1, iPad with Retina Display), Windows 10/8/7, and macOS 10.15 and lower versions.
* The free version allows you to recover part of files, like notes, reminders, calendars, Safari history/bookmarks, etc.
* Able to view all deleted files and selectively recover the wanted items.
* Unable to recover files from disabled/broken iPad.
* Only support limited old iPad models.
* Not compatible with the latest iPadOS/iOS 14, macOS 11, and older Windows PC.
* The premium version is expensive.
* Offer a free version.
* Pro version offers both personal and family licenses to meet different needs.
Personal license: $59.95 (6 devices/1 computer).
Family license: $99.95 (18 devices/3 computers).
Suppose that you want a flexible iPad photo recovery software. In that case, iMyFone D-Back is an excellent choice. With support to four recovery modes, it lets you recover data from designated places, like iPad itself, iTunes, and iCloud backup, and recover files automatically according to where the data it scans out.
No matter how you lose files from your iPad, you can briskly find them back without difficulties.
* Recover texts, photos, voice memos, contacts, notes, etc., in three steps.
* Four data recovery modes: Recover from iOS Device/iTunes backup/iCloud backup and smart recovery.
* Preview data before recovery.
* Find data back under these scenarios: factory reset, iOS error, damaged/lost/locked/disabled iPhone, accidental deletion, etc.
* Easy to use.
* Offer a free trial version before purchase.
* Preview deleted data and selectively recover files.
* The free trial version only allows you to scan and view deleted data.
* Has connectivity problems with iPad.
* Individual plans:
One-month plan: $39.95 (1 iOS device).
One-year plan: $49.95 (1 iOS device).
Lifetime plan: $69.95 (5 iOS devices).
* Business plans:
One-month plan: $69.95 (6 - 10 devices).
Lifetime plan: $89.95 (6 - 10 devices).
You might need: Want to transfer and read EPUB files on your iPad? Check it out.
Another popular iPad recovery software is Tenorshare UltData. It lets you recover up to 35 kinds of data types and over 500 file formats. Like other iPad recovery tools, it also recovers deleted data from iOS devices, iTunes, and iCloud backup files.
* Recover lost data from iTunes/iCloud backup and iPad directly.
* Support over 35 data types like SMS, photos, WhatsApp/Line/WeChat messages, etc.
* Apply to mistaken deletion, broken screen, virus attack, system crash, factory reset, and other different scenarios.
* Compatible with iOS/iPadOS 14.6 and iPhone 12 series.
* View all files before actual recovery.
* Support multiple file types and formats.
* Not the free iPad recovery software.
* Hard to refine.
* Poor technical support.
* Prolonged scanning time.
* Individual license:
One-month license: $45.95 (5 devices/1 PC).
One-year license: $49.95 (5 devices/1 PC).
Lifetime license: $59.95 (5 devices/1 PC).
* Business license starts at $62.95 (One-year license, ten devices/1 PC).
Disk Drill is among the most popular iPad data recovery programs when talking about iPad data recovery. No matter the speed, performance, or operation process, Disk Drill is undoubtedly worth a try. Additionally, it makes it easier to recover deleted files under jailbreak failure, iOS crash, or accidental deletion.
* Recover deleted files on Mac even if it is unreadable or failed, such as pictures, audio files, videos, archives, documents, etc.
* Restore data on any internal or external storage devices, including iPad/iPhone/iPod, digital cameras, hard drives, memory cards, rooted Android devices, USB flash drives, laptops, desktops, etc.
* Fast, easy, and secure.
* Simple and user-friendly interface.
* Lifetime upgrade.
* Only the Premium version allows you to make the iPad data recovery.
* Cannot directly recover the files to your iPad.
* Only work with macOS 10.8.5 and later versions.
* The Basic version with limited features is free to use.
* Pro version: $89.00 and an extra $29.00 for lifetime upgrades (1 user and 3 activations).
* Enterprise version: $499.00 and an extra $99.00 for lifetime upgrades (10 users and unlimited activations).
As its name shows, EaseUS MobiSaver is a program to save mobile phone data, which includes the iPad. Like most iPad data recovery apps, it tries to dig out the lost data under various circumstances with three recovery modes - data recovery from iPad, iTunes, and iCloud. Since it is widely compatible with most iPad models, Windows, Mac, you won't worry about any compatibility issues.
* Recover videos, contacts, photos, messages, and other files from your iPad or iTunes/iCloud backup.
* Work with iOS 13 and lower, Windows 10/8/7, and macOS 10.11 to macOS 10.14.
* Support unexpected incidents, including virus attack, jailbreak failure, damaged/locked/disabled device, accidental deletion, factory reset, upgrade/downgrade, etc.
* Simple UI.
* Fully compatible with different file types and device models.
* Limited features in the free version.
* Limited technical support.
* Provide a free version with limited features.
* Monthly license: $59.95 (one computer).
* Annual license: $79.95 (one computer).
* Lifetime license: $99.95 (one computer).
The last iPad recovery software on our list is Dr.fone - Data Recovery (iOS). It does an excellent job in deep scanning and recovering photos, music, messages, etc., from your iPad with its comprehensive data recovery solutions.
* Recover over 18 data types, such as notes, contacts, messages, documents, videos, call history, photos, etc.
* Provide three recovery modes to recover deleted data from the iPad. iCloud, and iTunes backup.
* Pause scanning anytime.
* Easy to use.
* Very fast recovery speed.
* Support the latest iPad models and iPadOS 14.
* A little bit costly.
* Cannot preview some files before recovery.
* Not all marketed features are available.
* Limited license.
* Dreadful technical support.
* One-year license: $59.95 (5 mobile devices/1 PC).
* Lifetime license: $69.95 (5 mobile devices/1 PC).
* One-year Business license: $399.00 (unlimited devices/1 PC).
An appropriate iPad data recovery will greatly reduce the manual work and rescue your lost data as soon as possible. After reading this post, you may already have chosen the ideal iPad recovery software. But I still recommend you to compare more before ultimate operation. As mentioned above, Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery and iPad File Recovery allow you to preview data, recover lost files selectively, and guarantee security.
No matter which one you choose, you will accomplish iPad data recovery painlessly. However, if you choose other programs, data security is hard to guarantee. What's worse, it will cost more money for each license. I believe you already understand how to make the optimal choice.