- posted by Lulu011 in Apple Discussion
It's not difficult to recover data from iPhone that won't turn on. With organized procedures in this guide, you will extract data from a dead iPhone and fix the iPhone problem without difficulties.
Part 1. Why Won't My iPhone Turn on?
Part 2. How to Recover Data from the iPhone that Won't Turn on via Coolmuster
Part 3. How to Retrieve Data from Dead iPhone via iTunes Backup
Part 4. How to Restore Data from Dead iPhone with iCloud Backup
Part 5. How to Fix an iPhone that Won't Turn on?
Any software or hardware issues may lead to the iPhone won't turn on problem. Below are some common causes for this problem iPhone won't turn on:
If your iPhone won't turn on, you can use the best dead iPhone recovery software - Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery to get data from iTunes without using iPhone.
As long as you made a backup of your iPhone with iTunes before, you can easily retrieve all the backup files with this program. Worth mentioning, it supports various data types and multiple scenarios that bring about the iPhone glitches.
Key Features of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery:
* Fast recover data from iPhone that won't turn on from iTunes backup.
* Recover deleted SMS and contacts from iPhone without backup.
* Supports multiple files, such as text messages, SMS attachments, contacts, notes, note attachments, Safari, call history, voice memos, photos, etc.
* High success rate and speed.
* Work well with iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
How to extract data from a dead iPhone via iTunes backup?
1. Run the dead iPhone recovery software on PC
Install and open the software on your computer. After that, choose the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode from the left window. Next, select the required iTunes backup and then click the Start Scan button to scan the data.
2. Scan and preview the iPhone data.
After scanning, it will list all iPhone files in categories on the left panel. Click one data type to view the detailed information on the right panel.
3. Recover data from iTunes if iPhone won't turn on.
Select one category from the left sidebar, tick the wanted items, and hit the Recover button below to get data from iTunes backup to your computer.
Tip: How to back up a dead iPhone?
If you have been synced your iPhone to iTunes, it is possible to back up your dead iPhone to the computer you've been synced with. For more information, you can refer to the guide on How to Back Up iPhone with Broken Screen >>
You may like:
This method only works when you back up your iPhone with iTunes before it does not turn on. However, it may erase the existing data on the target iPhone. To get data from a dead iPhone, you need to use another iPhone which works normally.
How to restore data from dead iPhone via iTunes?
1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer and connect your new iPhone to it via a USB cable.
2. Tap Trust on the new iPhone when asked. Once done, iTunes will automatically detect your device. When detected, tap the iPhone icon under Devices, click Summary, and hit the Restore Backup button.
3. Pick the most recent backup file from the pop-up window and press the Restore button to start retrieving backups to the new iPhone.
Your iPhone got stuck on the loading screen? You can fix it without hassle.
How to make an iPod get out of the recovery mode? You can learn the way in this post.
If you have enabled the automatic syncing of files to iCloud previously, you can now restore data from a dead iPhone with an iCloud backup file.
1. Visit iCloud.com from a computer browser and sign in with the same Apple ID used on the dead iPhone.
2. Click the Photos section, select the photos you want to restore, and tap the Download icon to save them to your computer.
You might need:
How to remove MDM from your iPad with ease? Don't worry. You can follow this guide to complete it.
How can you find the loved music on the Apple Music app? Then you will need this post, which will tell you what you want.
Apart from data recovery from iPhone that won't turn on, if you also hope to fix the problem, you can refer to the tricks and tips as below:
It is easy and effective to fix the iPhone won't turn on issue, especially when other ways don't work properly. As the operation procedure varies with different iPhone models, you can choose the appropriate tutorial from below.
For iPhone 8 and later versions:
Quickly press the Volume Up + Down buttons. Next, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time until the Apple logo turns up.
For iPhone 6 and earlier versions:
Press and hold the Home + Power buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo shows up on the screen.
If your iPhone shows a black screen and won't turn on for a long time, it may run out of battery. In some cases, lack of power will also cause a dead iPhone. Therefore, you can connect your iPhone to a power source and charge it for 30 minutes or so. In case the lightning or charger is damaged, you can change another one.
You can also plug your iPhone into the computer to check if iTunes detects it. If yes, it indicates that your iPhone is not completely dead yet. You'd better back up your iPhone with iTunes right now; if not, move to Tip 4.
iOS System Recovery offers an effective solution to fix the iPhone won't turn on issue. This software can repair various iOS system issues and fix your iPhone back to normal. It supports all iOS devices and is very easy to use.
1. Download and run the iOS System Recovery on your computer. Click the iOS System Recovery mode from the welcome screen.
2. The software will detect your device problem automatically. Click the Start button to continue.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to enter the recovery mode on iPhone. Then, choose your device model as required. After that, click Repair to start fixing the device issue. The software will download the suitable plug-in for your iPhone. After downloading, your iPhone should be back to normal.
Suppose all the above tricks cannot work for your device. In that case, you can contact the Apple Support Team or visit the nearby Apple Service Center for technical support. Remember to bring the receipt with you. If they announce an official death, immediately recover files from the dead iPhone via the above ways.
To sum up, we provide three practical methods to recover data from iPhone that won't turn on and five simple solutions to fix a dead iPhone. You will easily find from the above content that the Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery is the optimal choice. Using this software, you can save data from a dead iPhone via iTunes backup file easily.
Moreover, the operation is straightforward, and it lets you preview all iPhone data before selection and recovery. You won't get such a good experience using the other two methods.
We hope this tutorial will well solve your problem.