- Excerpted from Reddit
How to retrieve photos from your iPhone that won't turn on? Getting data off a dead iPhone can be tricky. However, it's possible. Check this tutorial to retrieve photos from your iPhone that won't turn on and fix your dead iPhone without difficulties.
Part 1. How to Get Photos Off iPhone that Won't Turn On via Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery
Part 2. How to Get Pictures Off iPhone that Won't Turn On from iTunes Backup
Part 3. How to Recover Photos from iPhone that Won't Turn On from iCloud Backup
Part 4. How to Fix iPhone That Won't Turn On without Data Loss?
Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery is the best way to retrieve photos from iPhone that won't turn on without data loss. As long as you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes before, you can easily restore photos and other data from the iTunes backup file to your computer selectively.
Why should you choose Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery?
* Selectively restore lost contacts, photos, voice memos, messages, and other files from the iTunes backup file to your computer without running iTunes.
* Preview all the scanned-out data on the computer and pick the files you want to restore.
* Easy, fast, and secure to use.
* You don't need to connect your disabled iPhone to the computer.
* Cause no data loss and file quality change.
* Widely compatible with all iPhone models (iOS 15 supported), including iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6, etc.
How can I recover photos from a dead iPhone without connecting your iPhone?
1. Install Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery.
Download and install the program on your computer. Then run it and select the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode on the left panel.
2. Select an iTunes backup file.
It will scan the default iTunes backup location on your computer. After displaying the backup files on the interface, select one from the list and tap the Start Scan button below.
Note: If you cannot find the wanted backup file, please click the Select button below to pick the iTunes backup file from other customized folders.
3. Retrieve photos from iPhone that won't turn on.
When you reach the data selection interface, tick off the data types you want to restore and hit the Start Scan icon again.
Once it finishes scanning files, choose Photos or Camera Roll from the left window and preview the pictures. Next, check the desired photos and click the Recover to Computer button to save them to your computer.
Suppose that you have backed up the iPhone pictures with iTunes previously. In that case, you can get the pictures off the disabled iPhone via the iTunes app. Also, you will need another working iPhone signed in with the same Apple ID and password you use on the disabled iPhone.
How to get pictures off the water-damaged iPhone that won't turn on for free?
1. Connect the working iPhone to the computer and run the latest version of iTunes on your computer if it doesn't launch automatically.
2. Once detected, tap the iPhone icon at the upper-left corner of the iTunes window, choose Summary from the left panel, and hit the Restore Backup option under the Backups section.
3. Select a backup file you wish to restore from the pop-up window and click the Restore button.
You may like:
Similarly, if you have always enabled the photos syncing to iCloud before your iPhone won't turn on, you can easily get the pictures off the iPhone from the iCloud website.
How can I recover photos from a dead iPhone via iCloud backup?
1. Visit icloud.com from a computer browser and sign in with the same Apple ID credentials you used on the dead iPhone.
2. After login, tap Photos from the interface, pick the photos you want to download, and hit the Download icon to store them on your computer.
Check if you need:
Wonder how to get photos from a flash drive onto an iPhone without hassle? You can take a look at this tutorial.
What will happen if you delete your iCloud backup? Let's check it out.
If unfortunately, you forget to back up your iPhone before it fails to turn on, you can try fixing your iPhone first and then access the photos on it.
Force restarting your iPhone works well for fixing glitches and minor system bugs. It is also the easiest method to repair the iPhone problem you can try.
For iPhone 8 and later versions: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button and the Volume Down button. After that, press and hold the Power button for a while until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down + Side buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo turns up on the screen.
For iPhone 6s and earlier versions: Press and hold the Home + Power buttons for 15 seconds until the Apple logo shows on the screen.
Is Move to iOS taking so long on your iPhone? If yes, you can follow this guide to repair it.
Why can't I update apps on my iPad? Don't panic. You can learn useful methods from this article.
Insufficient power can also prevent your iPhone from turning on. Thus, when you find your iPhone won't turn on, the first thing you can try is to charge your iPhone with the Apple authorized charger and USB cable for up to 30 minutes before using it. Later, start your iPhone to see whether you can turn it on.
You can also connect your iPhone to the computer to see if iTunes recognizes your device. If it does, back up your iPhone with it immediately.
What if the above methods fail to repair your iPhone successfully? At this moment, you need a professional iPhone repair tool to help you out. iOS System Repair excels in repairing various iOS system issues without data loss, including iPhone won't turn on, charge issue, loop restart, etc.
The highlights of iOS System Repair:
* Fix various iPhone problems in one click on Windows or Mac: iPhone won't turn on, disabled iPhone, battery drain, get stuck on Apple logo/DFU mode/Recovery mode, Black/blue/red/white screen of death, iTunes error 4005/4013, etc.
* Upgrade or downgrade iOS versions.
* Safe and easy to use.
* Cause no data loss or change.
* Work with all iPhone models (iOS 15 included), like iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11, etc.
To fix iPhone that won't turn on without data loss:
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
After installing the software on your computer, launch it and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable. Afterward, click More tools > iOS System Recovery on the interface.
2. Detect the iPhone problem automatically.
The software will automatically detect your iPhone problem and display it on the interface. After detection, tap the Start button to continue.
3. Fix the iPhone won't turn on issue.
You will need to confirm the iPhone information on the interface. If incorrect, select the correct one from the drop-down menu. Finally, click the Repair button to start the repair process.
If, unfortunately, nothing above works for repairing your iPhone, try contacting Apple Support via the Apple website or take your iPhone to the nearest Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Center for help. You'd better take the receipt with you if your device is still under warranty to reduce the economic burden.
If, anyway, they announce your iPhone has been officially dead, follow their advice to recover data from the dead iPhone.
Don't panic if you are suffering from iPhone not turning on issue. It is a common issue for all Apple devices, and all you need to do now is learning how to retrieve photos from your iPhone that won't turn on by following our guide step by step.
If you only want to get photos off your dead iPhone, Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery is enough to get them back. It's the easiest, fastest, and safest to use. If you also hope to repair your device to normal, iOS System Recovery is recommended to repair most iOS system problems without data loss.
If you have anything to let us know, please leave a comment below.