"After updating the iOS version and dealing with the incredibly frustrating 'Slide to upgrade' glitch, I contacted Apple, and they told me the only option to get rid of the glitch was to do a factory reset. I have no backups, so I lost all my photos and other important data. Is there any way to recover that lost data? Any trusted and reliable programs?"
- Excerpted from Apple Discussion
Can iPhone data be recovered after a factory reset? Well, you can recover data from iPhone after factory reset in four practical ways - iPhone Data Recovery, iCloud, iTunes, and Google backup. If you are just in trouble, check the step-by-step instructions below to recover data from reset iPhone with ease.
Part 1. Can You Recover Data from a Factory Reset iPhone?
Part 2. How to Recover Data from iPhone after Factory Reset via Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery
Part 3. How to Restore Data after Factory Reset on iPhone with iCloud Backup
Part 4. How to Restore iPhone Data after Factory Reset with iTunes Backup
Part 5. How to Restore Photos from iPhone after Factory Reset via Google Backup
Tips to Avoid Data Loss on iPhone in the Future
Factory reset is the last way to repair the system glitches and erase your privacy. By factory resetting your iPhone, you will completely lose all iPhone content and settings. If you have regularly backed up your iPhone to iCloud, iTunes, or otherwhere before data loss, you can recover factory reset iPhone from previous backup files.
However, if you don't back up your iPhone beforehand, there is a slim chance for you to recover data from wiped iPhone. No iPhone data recovery app can guarantee that it will recover data from iPhone after factory reset without backup. Therefore, you can easily see the importance of backing up your iPhone. And I highly suggest you back up your iPhone to the computer.
Suppose that you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes. In that case, you can recover the lost data from iTunes backup files via Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery. Compared with restoring backups with iTunes, Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery allows you to preview the specific items and selectively recover the data you like.
Also, you don't need to connect your iPhone to the computer. Instead, it will automatically detect the iTunes backup file and finish the iPhone data recovery without data loss. It's indeed an incredibly amazing tool!
Below are the highlights of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery:
* Recover from iTunes backup file: Recover the deleted and existing contacts, messages, message attachments, notes, notes attachments, camera roll, photos, call history, calendars, Safari history, etc., from iTunes backup file to the computer.
(Note: Call history and Safari history are not supported in iOS 10 and later due to the strengthened iOS security system.)
* Recover from iOS device: Recover the deleted and existing messages and contacts from iPhone to a computer directly and back up the existing music, books, calendars, notes, reminders, photos, videos, Safari, voice memos, and Safari history from your iPhone to the computer.
* Preview all the data and select the wanted files to recover or back up.
* No data damages and file format changes happen during the recovery process.
* Support all generations of iPhone (iOS 16 included), such as iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6, etc.
How to recover data after factory reset on iPhone from iTunes backup file?
1. Select an iTunes backup file.
Install and open the program on your computer then click Recover from iTunes Backup File. The program will automatically scan the default iTunes backup location. When the backup records appear on the interface, choose the most relevant one and hit the Start Scan button below.
Note: If you cannot find the desired file, please tap the Select button to pick up the iTunes backup file from other customized folders.
2. Choose the data types you want to restore.
Tick off the file types you wish to restore on the interface and click the Start Scan button again to continue.
3. Selectively recover data from iPhone after factory reset.
After scanning, you can check one data type, like Messages, Contacts, Photos, etc., from the left panel. Then, preview the content and pick the desired items to recover. Finally, tap the Recover to Computer button to start restoring them to your computer.
If you have enabled automatic backup to iCloud on your iPhone before factory reset, you can restore iPhone data after factory reset from the iCloud backup. However, the iCloud backup file may not include the following: files already stored in the cloud, Touch ID settings, your Gmail and Outlook Exchange mail information, iCloud Music Library and App Store data, Apple Pay information & settings, etc.
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > tap General > choose Reset > click Erase all Contents and Settings. After that, follow the on-screen prompts to reset your iPhone.
2. Your iPhone will automatically reboot after resetting. Set up your iPhone step by step with the on-screen instructions. When you reach the Apps & Data screen, click Restore from iCloud Backup, sign in with the same Apple ID, and pick the most recent backup file from the list.
3. Tap Restore to start retrieving data from the iCloud backup to your iPhone.
You might like: If your iPhone is stuck in SOS mode, how can you exit the mode? Read this tutorial, and you will know the way.
If you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes previously, you can also restore data after factory reset using iTunes. But you cannot preview or select the specific files. What's more, the iTunes backup files will not include data like content from iTunes and App Store, Touch ID settings, Apply Pay information, etc.
How to get your data back after restoring iPhone?
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and run iTunes if it doesn't pop up.
2. When iTunes recognizes your iPhone, tap the iPhone icon from the left window, and choose Restore Backup under the Summary section.
3. Select the most recent backup file and tap Restore.
There are also many other cloud storage services like iCloud. If you've stored your iPhone data to your Google account before factory reset, you can follow the steps below to get the photos back from Google backup.
1. Open photos.google.com from a computer browser and enter the same Google account you use for backup to sign in.
2. View and choose the photos you hope to restore, tap the three-dots icon at the top-right corner, and tap Download to save the selected photos to your computer.
Although you can recover data from your iPhone after factory reset with the above methods, we always recommend avoiding data loss in the future. Here are some helpful tips:
After learning the above methods, you can easily find out that only Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery is the best option to recover data from iPhone after factory reset. First, it allows you to preview and selectively restore the desired files. Second, it is much easier and more user-friendly than any other solution. Everyone can operate it without the technical knowledge required.
If you have any queries in the process of recovery, please let us know in the comments.