"I have an iPad and an iPhone, now I have a problem, I want to restore iPad from iPhone, but I don't know how to do this job. Can you give me some advice about how to restore iPad from iPhone backup file?"
- Posted by Albertaey in Apple Discussion
For some reason, you will need to restore iPhone to iPad. For example, when your iPad becomes slow or it runs something wrong. In such cases, many people may wonder:
Can you restore an iPhone backup to an iPad?
Can you set up iPad from iPhone backup?
Can you restore an iPhone backup to an iPad?
Or, can I restore my iPad from my iPhone?
If you have worries in mind like this, refer to the three painless methods in this guide to make you accomplish twice with half the effort.
Way 1. How to Restore iPad from iPhone Backup via Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor
Way 2. How to Restore iPhone Backup to iCloud via iTunes or Finder
Way 3. How to Restore from iPhone Backup to iPad via iCloud Backup
The best way to restore iPad from iPhone backup is using Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor. Without connecting your iPad to the PC, you can preview all the iPhone content from the iTunes backup file and extract them to your iPad without data loss.
And, it supports media files like camera roll, photos, voice memos, etc., and informative data, such as contacts, call history, messages, SMS attachments, reminders, notes, calendars, Safari history, etc.
What can you do with Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor?
* Restore iPhone backup to iPad from the default iTunes backup location on the PC without data loss.
* Support multiple files, like photos, calendars, call history, contacts, SMS, reminders, notes, etc.
* Preview all the thumbnails and check detailed information on the computer.
* Intuitive and user-friendly interface and wireless restoration process.
* Widely compatible with all iPad models, including iPad 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, iPad Pro 5/4/3/2/1, iPad mini 5/4/3/2/1, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad with Retina display, iPad Air 4/3/2/1, etc.
To restore iPad from backup without data loss:
1. Run the software on your computer.
After installing the app on your PC, please launch it and select the correct backup record on the interface when it detects the iPhone backup history you have synced with the computer before. Next, tap the Start Scan button for extracting the backup files.
2. Preview the iTunes backup file.
When the scanning process is complete, it will display all the backup content in different categories. You can select one category from the left side and preview all the details.
3. Restore iPhone backup to iPad.
Tick the specific files you want to restore, tap the Recover button below, and define a storage place to keep the restored files.
Another reliable way to restore the iPad from the iTunes backup file is via iTunes. It is free to use and accredited by Apple. But sometimes, you may encounter compatibility issues with your iPad. What's worse, it will erase the current data on your iPad.
Please transfer the iPad files to PC for backup before starting the following steps if you don't mind.
1. Launch the latest version of iTunes (or Finder) on your computer.
2. Connect your iPad to the computer using a USB cable. If prompted, tap the Trust option on your iPad to authorize the computer.
3. Click the iPad icon when it shows up in the iTunes or Finder window. Then, tap Summary > Restore Backup and hit the Restore button after selecting the latest iPhone backup file.
If you have enabled automatic backup of iPhone to iCloud, you can access and restore iPhone backup data on your iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and any browser. More than content, it also restores iPhone settings, Wi-Fi passwords, etc.
How do I restore my iPad from iCloud?
1. Unlock your iPad and start setting it up as a new device. If you have already set it up, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to erase it first. Note that the erasure may delete all the iPad content and settings.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to set it up. When you reach the Apps & Data screen, choose the Restore from iCloud Backup option and sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone.
3. Pick up the most recent backup file and tap the Restore button.
All three ways can successfully restore iPad from iPhone backup. However, if you wish to restore the iPad from backup without data loss, I will be glad to recommend Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor for you. You can preview all the backup content and selectively restore the desired files without running iTunes. Besides, you don't need to connect your iPad to the computer.
Most strikingly, we will always provide online support if you get into trouble.