Copy Contacts from Samsung Galaxy S6/S5/S4/Note to Computer
Samsung provides abundant mobile products to ease users' communicating and entertaining way. It tries to facilitate its customers with convenient and considerate support. You can not only use a Samsung phone to Samsung tablet to send and receive email or text message, but also access the Internet and text to master more information. Therefore, it is important to keep your contacts list up-to-date and safe. What if you accidentally deleted important contacts from Samsung phone? Or mistakenly format your phone, get your phone stolen, or any other situations that lead to lose your phone data? It is more important to make a good backup job, rather than think over how to recover files after you lost them.
Then, how to backup Samsung Galaxy contacts to computer for any further use? We know that contacts, as well as text messages are saved in the internal flash memory of a phone, we can not access to the contacts or text messages simply via the USB way. Therefore, to to manage phone contacts, we need to draw support from third-party software, a tool that can help us to manage Android data on computer. Coolmuster Android Assistant (for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista) is such a smart android contacts backup and management software, which can not only copy and backup contacts for Samsung phone to computer, but also works perfectly in restoring contacts from computer to any android phone directly.
In addition to contacts, Coolmuster Android Assistant can also deal with other file types on Samsung phones, including media files like videos, music, ringtones, photos and text files like contacts, text messages, etc. Exporting media and text files from phone to computer and importing from computer to phone can be as easy as pie. You can also install or uninstall phone's application on computer directly. In this post, we will focus on its features on contact managment only. For more detailed product information, you can free download the software to search more.
Let's take a look at its Contact Managing Features:
- Transfer contacts from Samsung and any other Android phone to computer for backup or future use.
- Delete useless contacts, add new contacts and edit existing contacts on computer directly.
- Restore all or selective backup contacts to Android phone any time you like with one click.
- Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac (OS X 10.10 or later) is also available.
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung Galaxy S/Note to PC?
After you download and install this Android managing program on your computer, launch it to get ready. Next, we are going to show you how to move contacts from Samsung Galaxy S5/S5/S4/S3/S2/S or Samsung Galaxy Note 5/4/3/2/1 to PC in 3 steps only. Operations on a Mac are almost similar.
Step 1. Connect Your Samsung Phone to Computer
Use a USB cable to connect your cell phone to the computer. Then, you will see the connected phone is detected by this program automatically. The parameter information of your phone, including phone model, system version and storage space size will be shown in the main interface.
* If your device can be detected by the program, you can directly skip to the next step. If not, you'll need to enable USB debugging on your device at first.
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging"
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"
Once the USB debugging is enabled, click "Allow" on your phone to allow the program super user authorization when an Superuser Request pops up. Then, the parameter information of your phone, including phone model, system version and storage space size will be shown in the main interface like below.
Note: Coolmuster Android Assistant is fully compatible with all popular Android phones, including HTC, Google, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Huawei and so on.
Step 2: Enter the Contacts window
Navigate to the top manu of the software, you can see all the files in your cell phone will show in categories. Click the "Contacts" icon from the top and you will enter the Contacts window. By clicking on the "All Contacts", all the contacts in your phone will show in list here. Mark the contacts you want to backup on your computer and click the button of "Export".
3. Start to backup contacts at once
After clicking the "Export" button, there will be a "Path" dialog appears, asking you to choose an output location for saving the exported contacts. After specifying the location, you can click the "Ok" button to begin the transfer process.
When the transfer finishes, you can turn to the output folder to check the output contacts are saving in CSV or XLS format, without any quality loss. To better manage the data on your Samsung phone, Coolmuster Android Assistant is your must-have tool. Download it to have a try right now!
Another Way to Transfer Samsung Galaxy Note 5/4/3 Contacts to Computer
It is always not a bad thing to have more choices. If you want another solution to complete the contacts transfer from your Samsung Galaxy Note 5/4/3 to computer, you can pick up another Coolmuster product named Coolmuster Mobile Transfer (Windows) or Coolmuster Mobile Transfer for Mac. It is not just a phone to phone data transfer program, it also allows you to copy complete information of contacts, including names, numbers, address and more, from Samsung and other phone brands to PC or Mac computer for backup or futher use.
Click below buttons to download the Coolmuster Mobile Transfer software and then read the following guide to see how to use the program to copy contacts from Samsung Galaxy Note or Galaxy S7/S6/S5/S4 to computer.
1. Launch the program on your computer. Then, follow the onscreen instructions to connect your Samsung phone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Choose "Back up Your Phone" mode from the program interface and all the contents in your Samsung Galaxy Note phone will be displayed here.
3. Highlight the "Contacts" folder, preview and check the contacts you want to transfer and then, click "Start" button to transfer the selected contacts from your Galaxy Note to your computer.