"I wanted to connect my phone to my computer so that I could more easily transfer recent pictures and videos rather than using the Samsung Cloud app. I connected the phone to the computer (Windows 10). Windows recognized it and asked what action to take. I selected the option to open file explorer and permitted the phone to allow for data access. I'm trying to figure out what folder videos are in."
Since you cannot afford to lose data from your old Samsung phone, you may need to connect your Samsung phone to a PC and migrate files. The good news is that you don't need to try back and forth to check which method works for your devices. Here, this guide has concluded five feasible ways for you to connect Samsung to PC smoothly.
Way 1. How to Connect Samsung Phone to Computer via Coolmuster Android Assistant (Recommended)
Way 2. How to Connect Samsung Phone to Laptop with Link to Windows (Newer Galaxy Only)
Way 3. How to Connect My Samsung Phone to My Computer via Microsoft Launcher
Way 4. How to Connect Samsung Mobile to PC Using Data Cable
Way 5. How to Connect Samsung Mobile to PC via Bluetooth
Coolmuster Android Assistant is the best Samsung connector to PC that supports wireless and cable connections. After connection, you can quickly transfer various files from your Samsung to PC or Mac, manage the phone data, and restore the backups to another Android device.
The key features of Coolmuster Android Assistant:
* Connect your Samsung phone to a PC or Mac with a USB cable or Wi-Fi.
* Back up and restore overall Samsung data on the computer in one click.
* Selectively sync files between Samsung and computer, including contacts, music, videos, SMS, etc.
* Manage phone data on the computer: Send & reply to messages, install & uninstall apps, edit contacts, export contacts to Outlook, import Outlook contacts to Android, etc.
* Widely compatible with all Samsung phone running Android 4 to Android 11, such as Samsung Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra/S20/S20+/S20 Ultra/S10+/S10/S10e/S/S9+/S9/S8+/S8/A90/A80/A70s/A70/A60, etc.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant on the computer. Next, click Android Assistant on the interface to continue.
2. Plug your Samsung phone into the computer via a USB cable and enable USB debugging on your phone as prompted.
3. Once connected, you will see the device information on the interface. Then you can import, export, and back up your Samsung data on the computer.
6 Methods to Transfer Photos from Samsung to PC (Must Read)
5 Proven Solutions on Samsung Backup and Restore
1. After opening the program on your computer, select the Android Assistant module on the interface.
2. Tap the Connect via Wi-Fi option at the top-right corner, download and install Coolmuster Android Assistant (Android Version) on the Samsung phone by following the on-screen instructions, and launch the Android version on your phone.
3. On your phone, tap the Scanner icon at the upper-right corner to scan the QR code on the computer. In that way, it will establish a connection between your phone and computer.
Guess you need: Does Smart Switch transfer WhatsApp messages? You can find out the answer in this article, and learn other transfer methods.
Link to Windows is an app created by Microsoft that allows you to link your Android phone with the Windows 10 PC and manage your phone data on the computer. Apart from receiving and making phone calls, you can also reply to text messages, transfer files between PC and phone, and access apps and photos on the PC.
This app works with some Samsung phones, like Samsung Galaxy Note 9/S9/S9 Plus/Note 10 and later models. Before you start, check whether your Samsung phone supports this app. You can click it to see whether your Samsung phone is on the supporting list.
Also, note that Link to Windows is not available on Mac computers. If you want to connect Samsung to Mac, refer to this tutorial: 12 Simple Ways to Fast Connect Android to Mac.
How to connect Samsung mobile to laptop with Windows 10?
To make the process as simple as possible, make sure that your PC is up-to-date with a Microsoft account associated. You can click Start on your PC > Settings > Update and Security > Check for updates to download and install new updates on your computer.
After that, click Start > Settings > Accounts > Your info or tap the Sign in with a Microsoft account if you haven't signed in already.
2. Download Link to Windows on your Samsung Galaxy phone from Google Play Store and make sure that you have signed in to your PC with a Microsoft account. Later, ensure that your Windows 10 PC has the Your Phone app pre-installed. If not, download it from Microsoft Store instead.
3. Once done, open the Your Phone Companion app on your PC and click Get started. If asked, log in to your Microsoft account, and tap Sign in. Next, tick the option I have the Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows app ready and choose the Pair with QR code option. It will then display the code on the interface.
4. Swipe down the screen on your phone to open the quick settings panel and click the Link to Windows icon > Link your phone and PC > Continue. Later, use your phone to scan the QR code on the PC's screen, hit Continue, and allow necessary permissions.
5. Finish connecting the two devices by following the on-screen instructions and tap Done when complete.
6. Now, you can use the Your Phone app on your computer to answer calls, reply to messages, sync files, and mirror your phone.
Note: Your phone and PC must connect to the same network to work with the Your Phone app. You can open the phone's Settings > Advanced features > Link to Windows and enable the Use Mobile Data option to allow your phone to use the mobile data.
Want a Samsung program to connect the phone to a computer? If you use a Samsung Galaxy and Samsung PC, you can make it with Microsoft Launcher without a cable. Then, you can freely sync data between your phone and PC, combine calendars, and do more things.
How to connect Samsung Galaxy S8 to computer via Microsoft Launcher?
1. On your PC, click Start > Settings > Phone > Add a phone, enter your phone number, and tap Send.
2. You will receive a message on your Samsung phone. Once received, open the text message and click the link in the text. Then install Microsoft Launcher on your phone and run it.
3. On your phone, click Get started and follow the on-screen directory. When it lets you sign in to the Microsoft account, enter the same Microsoft account you used on your PC and hit Let's go.
4. Your phone and PC are now connected!
Suppose you don't want to use an app to connect your Samsung phone to a PC. In that case, a USB cable can establish the connection instantly. But this old-fashioned way only allows you to transfer DRM-free media files and documents. If you don't mind, refer to the following steps.
How to connect a Samsung phone to a PC with a USB cable?
1. Unlock your Samsung phone and plug it into a computer via a USB cable.
2. Tap the Notification bar on the phone and select MTP or Transfer files in the USB usage window.
3. When the computer recognizes your phone, double-click your Samsung Galaxy under My Computer, view the phone data, and copy & paste the desired media files to your computer or vise versa.
Note: You can copy & paste up to 100 files at the same time. However, one single file must be no more than 512MB, and it doesn't support folders transfer. Also, the content size will be within 1MB if you have used the "metered data", and no text file will be over 128KB. For images, it will shrink the size to 1MB or less.
Prefer to connect Samsung S9/S8 to PC wirelessly? You can also get it done with Bluetooth if your Windows PC comes with Bluetooth hardware installed. Once connected, you can share music, documents, emails, videos, and other files with your phone for free.
To connect Samsung S8 to PC via Bluetooth:
1. Activate Bluetooth on your PC.
On Windows 10: Click Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and enable Bluetooth.
On Windows 8.1/8: Click Start > enter Bluetooth in the search box > tap Bluetooth settings > turn on Bluetooth.
On Windows 7: Click Start > Administrative Tools > Computer Services > Services (Local) > Bluetooth Support Service > right-click Properties > select Startup type under General > pick Automatic > hit Apply & OK.
After adding the Bluetooth feature to your PC, go to Control Panel > select Computer Management under Administrative Tools > Device manager > Bluetooth adapter, and right-click it to select Enable.
2. Enable Bluetooth on your Samsung phone.
Go to Settings > Bluetooth, turn it on, or pull down the drop-down screen and touch the Bluetooth icon.
3. Connect Samsung phone to PC via Bluetooth.
On Windows 10: Open Bluetooth & other devices under Settings > press the Add Bluetooth or other devices option > Bluetooth > select your Samsung phone > match the two devices with the given codes > tap Connect on Windows and click Pair on your phone.
On Windows 8.1/8: Click Start > Bluetooth > Bluetooth settings > choose your Samsung phone from the list > hit Pair and follow the on-screen prompts to establish a connection between them.
On Windows 7: Click Start > Devices and Printers > Add a device > pick your Samsung phone > Next > match the two devices with the given codes > confirm the connection and both devices.
Now you will find all the five ways can connect a Samsung phone to a PC, but they have merits and demerits. You will have to install different apps if you select Link to Windows or Microsoft Launcher, with higher requirements for your PC models. Besides, although you don't need to install apps, the old-schooled ways, Bluetooth or USB cable, only access and transfer media and documents.
Nevertheless, Coolmuster Android Assistant is widely compatible with all Samsung devices and PCs and offers two ways to connect your Samsung to PC - USB and Wi-Fi network. Moreover, you can also manage and sync most device data freely. So, why not pick Android Assistant?
Best 4 Methods to Back Up Samsung Phone to PC
Samsung File Transfer to PC in 5 Easy Ways (Solved)
How to Sync Android Phone to PC? (Best 6 Ways for You!)
4 Useful Ways to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to PC
How to Transfer Text Messages from Samsung Phone to Computer? (Top 6 Ways)
Samsung Device Manager: Manage Samsung Phone in 7 Considerable Ways